boogie woogie feng shui
Blood, mainly. Some extraneous gore and a little nudity, no worse than what you'd see on Kill Bill, but extreme violence wasn't as common back then (though these kinds of movies had been made in Japan long before Shogun Assassin).

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
DragonfighterX said:
Yes! You sir have wonderful taste! Festival of Fire was the greatest Zatoichi of all time! Seven Samurai is a little overrated (and more than a little loooong), but Shogun Assassin is a damn good movie. I own the dub (UK) and it's not bad (for a dub). Kitano's Zatoichi was a little dull to me, though it has an amazing soundtrack. Something about CGI blood always hits a wrong note with me.
Meh. I liked Kitano's Zatoichi...but Festival of Fire was the greatest one of all! Oh, I'm diggin the avatar. Jyushin Thunder Lyger!

boogie woogie feng shui
Sankyuu, sankyuu. :D

Man, I love me some martial arts movies. :dance:

has left HJU. Not coming back.
My Lucky Stars and Wheels Of Meals were hiliarous.

Winners and Sinners... HILIAROUS!

boogie woogie feng shui
Wheels on Meals, definitely.

My Lucky Stars.... bleh. Eric Tsang has like an opposite King Midas' touch; he ruins everything he's involved with.

As a friend of a Kenpo Master, I have a soft spot for The Perfect Weapon. Also, no one has mentioned Sonny Chiba's masterpiece, The Street Fighter. :dance:

As for Ong Bak, I'm just glad we're getting something besides Wire Fu in martial arts movies now. The fights looked EXTREMELY painful, in contrast to the thinly disguised dance numbers in movies like The Matrix.

DragonfighterX said:
My Lucky Stars.... bleh. Eric Tsang has like an opposite King Midas' touch; he ruins everything he's involved with.

Why? What's wrong with Eric Tsang? He's awesome and funny.

Oh and I haven't seen Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars before.

boogie woogie feng shui
He's just an idiot. He always has some sort of facial twitch, gutteral noise, or stupid costume that instantly becomes my newest pet peeve. He tries and thinks he's one of the funny men of HK film but isn't up to the standards set by people like Wu Ma (classic!), Steven Chow, and Sam Lee.

DragonfighterX said:
He's just an idiot. He always has some sort of facial twitch, gutteral noise, or stupid costume that instantly becomes my newest pet peeve. He tries and thinks he's one of the funny men of HK film but isn't up to the standards set by people like Wu Ma (classic!), Steven Chow, and Sam Lee.

lol... you're making me laugh. THANKS FOR THAT!! :dance: You probably talking about him in Gen X Cop something like that. Yes, he was an idiot in that movie. lol

He;'s cool actor and that's my opinion. That's your OPINION for saying Eric being an idiot!! :p