in this form you guys can talk about your favorite martial arts movies. :anime:

Last edited:
BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
This is gonna be one helluva list:
Ong Bak
Spin Kick
Game of Death(c'mon, the fight scenes kick ass)
Fists of Fury
Enter The Dragon
Chinese Connection
Return of the Dragon
Tai Chi Masters
Iron Monkey
Hero
Once Upon A Time in China 1-4
The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk 1 and 2

Asian:
Swordsman II
Iron Monkey
Once Upont a Time in China
Twin Warriors
Heroic Trio
Heroic Trio II
Tai Chi Master
VERSUS
Rumble in the Bronx
Drunken Master II

American:
The Perfect Weapon
Karate Kid I, II, III
TMNT
Power Rangers the Movie
Blood Moon
American Samurai
Time Cop

boogie woogie feng shui
I can't wait to own this thread...

Keith: Versus? Great action movie, bad martial arts movie. And Swordsman II, Heroic Trio and Heroic Trio 2?! What are you smoking man?

ONG BAK. Nuff said.

Unless you've seen Born to Fight, not 'nuff has been said.

Game of Death(c'mon, the fight scenes kick ass)

You better be talking about the Yuen Biao/Kim Tai Chung/Hwang Jang Lee version, or else it's curtains!

The Perfect Weapon
Karate Kid I, II, III
TMNT
Power Rangers the Movie
Blood Moon
American Samurai
Time Cop

:bawling:

The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk 1 and 2

I really can't stand either of the Fong Sai Yuk films, especially how annoying Jet Li, Josephine Siao, and Michelle Reis were. The only good fight in either of the films was when Gai Chun-wa broke Corey Yuen's hand after his tyrade with the pudao. Other than that, crap.

I really hope you mean the 1997 Takeshi Kaneshiro Hero. I'm already sick of hearing about how Zhang Yimou is such a genius when all he really did was cast huge names and rip off King Hui movies.

I notice Iron Monkey has been mentioned a lot, but it's one of these films I can hardly sit through because of the undercranking. And Donnie Yen... bleh.

I am the law
TMNT II
Mr. Ice himself singing Ninja Rap.
Is there ANYTHING better!?!
I DON'T THINK SO!!!

*dodges the chairs being thrown my way* :D

-RF

DragonfighterX said:
I can't wait to own this thread...

Keith: Versus? Great action movie, bad martial arts movie. And Swordsman II, Heroic Trio and Heroic Trio 2?! What are you smoking man?

Care to elaborate?

boogie woogie feng shui
Yeah, sure. Heroic Trio (1 and 2, mind you) not only had hardly any real action in them, but what was there was terrible, overwired (not to mention POORLY wired) foolishness. I can understand you maybe liking Anita Mui, Michelle Yeoh, and Maggie Cheung (well, I can understand how you'd like Anita Mui and Michelle Yeoh), but the movies are pretty devoid of worth.

As for Versus, sure there was fighting in it, but it's not exactly art. The choreography was okay and stood out for the most part thanks to Yuji Shimomura (even though Kenji Tanigaki tries to put his name on it... bastard) and the way Kitamura shot it, but without trained screenfighters, the best we got was Tak vs. Yuichiro Arai, which was short lived and early in the film.

Swordsman II, more uninspired, unoriginal, overwired bullshit. Plus, it had Bridgette Lin in it, and that's reason enough to despise it.

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Sword fights in Versus kicked ass. So did the rest of the fighting. Where does the bad martial arts come from? :)

For me, out of the ones I've seen:

Hero
Ong Bak
The four good Jackie Chan American flicks (Both Rush Hours and both Shanghais)
Guyver: Dark Hero
And I gotta agree with Keith on TMNT. I got tons of respect for those suit actors for the **** they pulled with pounds of rubber on.

The only movie, in terms of fight choreography, that REALLY annoyed the hell out of me was Blade. The final, climactic sword fight and they do two moves, over and over. That's it. Biggest letdown ever.