I loved Donnie Yen's style. Plus he's hot. And so's Marc. Loved him in Crying Freeman. Is Capoeira his main influence though?

For The Greater Justice...
Keith "JC" Hayward said:
While I recognize HERO was a good story, I kinda hated it. It's not martial arts, its flying about on strings and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much slow motion for my likes.

I got all ready to see Jet and Donnie Yen go at it and got all excited and... well, yeah... I've seen more exciting fights on Power Rangers... litterally. :p

Woah... Donnie Yen was in Hero!? I'm gonna have to check that asap. I have all 3 Once upon a Time in China movies but I haven't peeped them yet. Gotta get to work on those too.

Does anyone know some martial arts movies with Bo Bo Ho, i don't have a picture of him, but he is a little fat kid who always whore round sunglasses, and was most of the timr bald.

he also star alongside Yuen Biao, in a adventure movie.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
HERO was alright. It wasn't that great. Buuut, Maggie Cheung and Ziyi Zhang are hot. :D

Fear the glasses!!
Misfits923 said:
A good Korean martial arts movie is "Spin Kick"...it's pretty good.

I saw it...It's aight as far as the action goes. It's completely a highschool TKD movie though. I'd say the "ooh coolness" factor is only if you take into account Shinhwa(one of the members in there) is a really pretty decent TKD Martial artist, as well as if you understand the insane, inane rivalry that goes down between highschool TKD teams in Korea. That being said, I enjoyed it. The characters are well-developed, even if cliche.
Oh yeah, my sig is from that movie, one of the protagonists ^_^

Donnie Yen kicked butt in Hero. Jet Li rocked equally as hard. I really really really really liked this movie, even better than Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It was, IMO, an aesthetic fanfare^^

.::Tahu Gimbal::. said:
Does anyone know some martial arts movies with Bo Bo Ho, i don't have a picture of him, but he is a little fat kid who always whore round sunglasses, and was most of the timr bald.

he also star alongside Yuen Biao, in a adventure movie.

Oh, that cute lil' Shaolin kid?:D

boogie woogie feng shui
.::Tahu Gimbal::. said:

Bo Bo Ho? I assume you're referring to Sik Siu-Lung, who costarred with Yuen Biao in Dragon From Shaolin (HORRIBLE movie) and has also been in Ten Brothers, Saint of Gamblers, Shaolin Treasure Island, and most recently Chinese Heroes in 2001. He's not what I (or Tai Seng) would call a child prodigy, but he's got some moves.

Hariken said:
I have all 3 Once upon a Time in China movies but I haven't peeped them yet. Gotta get to work on those too.

You should definitely watch them when you have time, and also consider seeing Once Upon a Time in China and America, Once Upon a Time in China 4 and 5 (starring Chiu Man Cheuk, not Jet Li), Last Hero in China, Legendary Wong Fei Hung, and Kickboxer (with Yuen Biao), as they're all great compliments to the OUATIC trilogy.

Gurlgamer said:
And so's Marc. Loved him in Crying Freeman. Is Capoeira his main influence though?

Mark originally began learning Southern fist styles of kung fu from his dad Al (who's actually pretty famous in martial arts rings) and later began learning what Al called "Wun Hop Kuen Do" kung fu which is composed of several Chinese and Japanese striking styles. He only started learning capoeira from Mestre Joselito "Amen" Santo a little before and after the filming of Only The Strong.

Speaking of Yen's works, I'm looking for the subbed episodes of Fist of Fury. This is embarassing since I'm half Chinese, and I don't understand a damn thing they say.:D

boogie woogie feng shui
I don't speak much Cantonese either but Tai Seng released a very very condensed 2-Disc set of the first half (adding the sur-title "Sworn Revenge" and only going up to the point where Donnie fights Hung Yan-yan) with subtitles if you're that interested. I also have the rest of the series on VCD without subs and the quality is pretty atrocious. I didn't really think the show was that good, better than a lot of Star TV efforts and certainly better than Donnie's other show The Kung Fu Master, but not something I'd want to just sit through very often.

Hey, how about those stephen chow flicks? I only have gotten into them recently after watching(and buying) Shoulin Soccer.(which I'm sure that the original title was changed for the american dvd release) He really balances the comedy, and action/drama(for lack of a better word) very well.