BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
I am talking about the original Bruce Lee "Game of Death" movie. His last movie, the one he died during the filming of. The fight scenes are awesome in that movie because it's not some fake actor. He shot those before he died

boogie woogie feng shui
Sword fights in Versus kicked ass. So did the rest of the fighting. Where does the bad martial arts come from?

Not to sound like an asshole, but it's pretty obvious that the fights in Versus were as shoestring as the movie itself. The fights were slow paced and sloppy, the hits were obviously missed, choreography looked too choreographed. I never saw a decent kick throughout the entire film, and whenever there WAS a good looking move, it was usually followed by a poorly placed cut or was shot from such a close angle (i.e. the Super Zombie fight) that it's barely visible. The sword FIGHT (singular) was alright, but it suffered from a bad Kitamura idea, which was to have the camera moving whenever the combatants moved, resulting in almost unwatchable, shaky shots and Tak Sakaguchi and Hideo Sakaki waving swords around when the other was probably even offscreen. Not to say I don't like the movie; it's one of my favorites, but if you think it's great martial arts, you really haven't seen enough martial arts films (or at least enough good ones).

The four good Jackie Chan American flicks (Both Rush Hours and both Shanghais)

I don't get this: why are people saying Rush Hour (the whole series had about 2 fights in it and both involved Chris Tucker :shakefist) and Shanghai Noon (which was better than Rush Hour, at least), but not mentioning any of his Hong Kong films like Police Story 1-3, the Armour of God series, and so on. Where are the Drunken Masters? The Fearless Hyenas? Thunderbolt, even?

I am talking about the original Bruce Lee "Game of Death" movie. His last movie, the one he died during the filming of. The fight scenes are awesome in that movie because it's not some fake actor. He shot those before he died

I love Bruce Lee as much as the next guy (probably more), but just because he is in a fight or movie doesnt mean it's the end-all. One fighter doesn't make a good fight, which was proven in his skirmish with Kareem Abdul Jabar (sorry Kareem, stick to basketball). Had the Whang Ing Sik fight not been cut so much and had featured more of his incredible kicking skills, it would have been Bruce Lee's best fight ever. And besides, I wouldn't call Kim Tai Chung "some fake actor." He's absolutely no slouch when it comes to mimicking Bruce, which is more than you can say for people like Ho Chung Tao and Wong Kin Lung (I love this guy, but he's such a hack).

I liked Jackie's New Police Story, better than the American stuff he made lately.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Misfits923 said:

Actually, Enter The Dragon was his last film.

Dragonfighterx said:
I don't get this: why are people saying Rush Hour (the whole series had about 2 fights in it and both involved Chris Tucker ) and Shanghai Noon (which was better than Rush Hour, at least), but not mentioning any of his Hong Kong films like Police Story 1-3, the Armour of God series, and so on.

What's wrong with Rush Hour and Shanghai series?

Where are the Drunken Masters? The Fearless Hyenas? Thunderbolt, even?

Yes, there are DVD that has been re-released long time ago expect ThunderBolt.

Oh and Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker is gonna working on Rush Hour 3 this summer.

Sammo Hung is working on a new movie right now. Don't know what is the new titles for new movie.

Michelle Yeoh is working on a new film called "Memoirs of a Geisha" which it will release on Dec, 2005.

boogie woogie feng shui
I liked Jackie's New Police Story, better than the American stuff he made lately.

I have to agree with you there, though for different reasons. I think the two stars of the movie were Nicholas Tse and Andy On. On, because of the progress he's made both acting wise and (especially) fight-wise since his last major outing, Black Mask 2 (my vote as worst movie in the history of the world). Tse, because of how much he just keeps getting better. He wasn't bad in Gen-X Cops or the Storm Riders by any means, but from then he went to 2002, My Schoolmate the Barbarian, and Time and Tide (huge stepping stone in his acting career) and never missed a beat. This kid has all the makings of a huge action star. One major flaw about New Police Story was how much of a downer the whole movie was. It's one thing to be sad about (well, no spoilers) the reason he's sad, but it reached a nearly comic level with the booze and the crying.

boogie woogie feng shui
Actually, Enter The Dragon was his last film.

Last COMPLETED film, yes. Game of Death would've been, until his untimely death.

What's wrong with Rush Hour and Shanghai series?

They're boring, corny, full of lame humor by bad costars, the fights are terrible, and they both make Asians look stupid.

Sammo Hung is working on a new movie right now. Don't know what is the new titles for new movie.

It's called Sha Po Lang, and it stars Donnie Yen (bleh) who doesn't look all that bad in it.

For you Ong Bak droolers, Phanom Yeerum (known in the US as Tony Jaa) has two new movies coming out; an action/comedy called Tom Yum Goong (a Thai soup) and Ong Bak 2 (which won't be out for a while).

Oh and Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker is gonna working on Rush Hour 3 this summer.

Whooooo. :nono:

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
All the old Zatoichi movies are amazing(featuring Shintaro Katsu), the 2003 Zatoichi movie starring Kitano "Beat" Takeshi, along w/ Akria Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai"(which is an incredible film), and to top it all off....the movie that's been banned since 1983...Shogun Assassin.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
DragonfighterX said:
Last COMPLETED film, yes. Game of Death would've been, until his untimely death.

That's right.

They're boring, corny, full of lame humor by bad costars, the fights are terrible, and they both make Asians look stupid.

Well, it's your opinion. :p

It's called Sha Po Lang, and it stars Donnie Yen (bleh) who doesn't look all that bad in it.

Techinally, the film has been completed. Now it will be out to the movie theater sooner in HK.

boogie woogie feng shui
All the old Zatoichi movies are amazing(featuring Shintaro Katsu), the 2003 Zatoichi movie starring Kitano "Beat" Takeshi, along w/ Akria Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai"(which is an incredible film), and to top it all off....the movie that's been banned since 1983...Shogun Assassin.

Yes! You sir have wonderful taste! Festival of Fire was the greatest Zatoichi of all time! Seven Samurai is a little overrated (and more than a little loooong), but Shogun Assassin is a damn good movie. I own the dub (UK) and it's not bad (for a dub). Kitano's Zatoichi was a little dull to me, though it has an amazing soundtrack. Something about CGI blood always hits a wrong note with me.