Spring Kamen Rider Movie - Kurata Returns!

"DCD" trailers? Sasword? Ohja? Dark Kiva? good ol' Baron? What the hell is going on? The good thing is, unlike the theatrical film, we won't have to wait long to find out.

I think Ichigo is voiced by Inada. But yeah, it sounds like he has improved. He needs to since he would be doing a revamped scene from the last episode of the original series. Do you think it helps now that he has Fujioka's lines from LGKR and KRT as a reference in addition to the original series?
I think the main reason is that the public's latest image of Ichigo is with Fujioka's voice, so Inada gives a bigger effort with that in mind. It happened before. In Megamax he did an amazing job too (this one is actually topping that IMO), but then completely forgot all about it in SHT. However, I think the production values of that movie (in which everything was rushed) affected even his voice acting, so I don't think it was his fault.

That's why I said I hope he keeps it up, because the next time he voices him, if there's not a return from Fujioka inbetween, there might not be a reason to make that extra effort.

The problem is when he yells. When he yells his Doggie Kruger voice comes out. Fujioka has some really unique sounds in his Ichigo voice that he can't emulate. He can't even get the "Toh" right.
He can do it. I remember watching some of his other voice work. I do not know the name of the character or the franchise but it seemed to be from one of those Super Robot Wars games. He did some screams that got really guttural and I was wondering why he wasn't doing that for Rider 1.

Yeah, I still don't understand Toei's reasoning behind opening the Gaim/ToQger solo movies on the same day as the newest Pokémon movie. Kamen Rider doesn't hold a candle to Pokémon in popularity. I wonder why Gaim/Drive did so poorly though...
They have beaten big names before, this really isn't a reason. All Riders got the #1 position on opening week, beating movies from big anime franchises that are known worldwide.
 
Man, Kaito/Baron looks so out of place in those shots.
You have all these badass looking Riders, and then one with bananas on his head and shoulders :laugh:
 
I wonder if Dark Kiva will get enough screentime or lines to make his identity explicit (evil Taiga? Evil Otoya? 86' King?)...
 
They have beaten big names before, this really isn't a reason. All Riders got the #1 position on opening week, beating movies from big anime franchises that are known worldwide.

Yes, but All Riders Vs. Dai Shocker was more of an event. It was the first time Toei had done a Heisei and Showa crossover of that scale. That, and it wasn't competing with the opening weekend of any big franchise. Pokémon Movie 12 had been out 4 weeks by that point, and Naruto Shippuden Movie 3 was in its second weekend.

I don't know, maybe they figured Japan would miraculously still be in the World Cup by the time Gaim's movie came out?
 
I wonder if Dark Kiva will get enough screentime or lines to make his identity explicit (evil Taiga? Evil Otoya? 86' King?)...

I think it's just going to be a suit with either no voice or a random VA with no indication of who he is.
I'm like 80% sure they just needed an evil Rider suit to match the theme.
Baron doesn't really match the theme visually (Cause of those bananas), but I guess they chose him since he's still relevant.
It would have been better if it was his Overlord form, but I guess since it's not a Rider form or anything, it doesn't count.
 
I think it's just going to be a suit with either no voice or a random VA with no indication of who he is.
I'm like 80% sure they just needed an evil Rider suit to match the theme.
Baron doesn't really match the theme visually (Cause of those bananas), but I guess they chose him since he's still relevant.
It would have been better if it was his Overlord form, but I guess since it's not a Rider form or anything, it doesn't count.

When it comes to Baron he's not an evil Rider. However Kaito felt that the strong always tramples the weak, to where that mentality fit in with Shocker.
 
When it comes to Baron he's not an evil Rider. However Kaito felt that the strong always tramples the weak, to where that mentality fit in with Shocker.

It doesn't matter what he felt. His methods and ideals were wrong and he was also the final villain. He's pretty much an evil Rider at least by Toei's standards. Considering that they just lumped him with Ouja, Dark Kiva, and Sasword, it doesn't take much to be considered an evil Rider apparently. If anything I'd question Tsurugi being lumped with them, but whatever Toei.
 
It doesn't matter what he felt. His methods and ideals were wrong and he was also the final villain. He's pretty much an evil Rider at least by Toei's standards. Considering that they just lumped him with Ouja, Dark Kiva, and Sasword, it doesn't take much to be considered an evil Rider apparently. If anything I'd question Tsurugi being lumped with them, but whatever Toei.

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't bother with using movie exclusive evil Riders.
I guess it'd be awkward to have Eternal and #4 together in the same scene :laugh:
But still, it'd make more sense if they used those movie Riders since this is technically a spin off for a movie.
Because like you said, the Riders they chose aren't much.
Well except for Ouja, he's like the only one who qualifies as a true evil TV Rider.
I'd say Kaixa would have been a better fit than Sasword or even Dark Kiva given how he's like 3 different people with various motives.
 
More images from Yongou DVD

10495352_1593127504235119_8496654663692989188_o.jpg
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top