Spring Kamen Rider Movie - Kurata Returns!

This guy is even more awful-looking, than #3.

Agree it looks like a custom Rider suit a cosplayer made. If this is the big surprise Toei held off, I am not impressed. Something tells me Rider 3 and 4 aren't a one time shot in the Rider universe. They are here to stay. I haven't watched any of the Showa Rider shows so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Rider 3 replacing V3 in terms of the canon of the storyline with Shocker?? How can they both exist in the long run after SHT GP? and Rider 4 would be replacing Riderman right?
 
Agree it looks like a custom Rider suit a cosplayer made. If this is the big surprise Toei held off, I am not impressed. Something tells me Rider 3 and 4 aren't a one time shot in the Rider universe. They are here to stay. I haven't watched any of the Showa Rider shows so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Rider 3 replacing V3 in terms of the canon of the storyline with Shocker?? How can they both exist in the long run after SHT GP? and Rider 4 would be replacing Riderman right?

Considering V3 explicitly renamed Riderman AS Kamen Rider Four at the climax of his character arc, AKA the time he seemingly died taking out a nuclear missile so it wouldn't harm anyone?

Just a teensy bit.
 
I love 3's design. Not so fond of 4 though. I appreciate it more now that I realise the pilot motif, but it looks like he has a weird, human like mouth plate, which is one of the things I hate about a lot of sentai designs. None the less, these 2 look way better than V3 and riderman, two suits I would be happy to never see again.
Also, a kamen rider who uses a plane should be interesting, though I doubt the cgi budget will allow it to look good. Hope these 2 survive past the end of the movie timeline, would be a shame to have them relegated to one-shots.
 
Ah, see the flight suit with Rider elements works much better for me than #3 with his pectoral eaves and boxy shoulder pads.
Something tells me Rider 3 and 4 aren't a one time shot in the Rider universe. They are here to stay. I haven't watched any of the Showa Rider shows so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Rider 3 replacing V3 in terms of the canon of the storyline with Shocker?? How can they both exist in the long run after SHT GP? and Rider 4 would be replacing Riderman right?
V3's origin showed that Ichigo and Nigo had started fighting Destron before they were forced to turn Kazami into another Rider. That was after Shocker (and Gel-Shocker) were destroyed. But I get the impression that this is meant to be an AU movie rather than a permanent change, and Drive will be restoring the true timeline by the end. The whole point of these all-Rider movies is getting to see the old characters again. It's something that Toei has marketed as part of their appeal. I don't think they're going to get rid of the classic Riders and lose that angle. I doubt we'll be seeing them replacing V3 and Riderman in the all-Rider poses for future Taisen movies. Heck, at the moment I doubt we'll see them at all after Drive ends.
 
Rider 4 looks like a modernized version of Skyrider. However I do agree that he & Rider 3 will be staying post SHTGP.
 
Kamen Rider 4. I don't know, I really like the look. it's a tad TOO simple, but the modernization of the old rider suits is there and it's exactly what I like about 4. 3 isn't bad either, it just has too many sharp angles (shoulders, chest, boots).
 
It seems the idea behind Rider 4 is someone who put the suit together by himself (which is pretty much what Riderman and his scientist friends did). It was probably designed in more rudimentary terms by one person or a group of people instead of Shocker in a facility with the best technology and resources available. (Again, this sounds extremely similar to Riderman's origin story).

Agree it looks like a custom Rider suit a cosplayer made. If this is the big surprise Toei held off, I am not impressed. Something tells me Rider 3 and 4 aren't a one time shot in the Rider universe. They are here to stay. I haven't watched any of the Showa Rider shows so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Rider 3 replacing V3 in terms of the canon of the storyline with Shocker?? How can they both exist in the long run after SHT GP? and Rider 4 would be replacing Riderman right?
They might be here to stay, which would be profoundly wonderful. But even if they stay there is no way they are replacing Riderman and V3. Hell, we already have a modified storyline in which the Double Riders get defeated, Shocker rises again with a different third Rider than V3, and yet V3 and Riderman still exist somehow.
The one thing that makes me worry is how they seem to be treated in SHT GP, in which they seem to be defeated in a few minutes (or less) by Rider 3, without Miyauchi involved at all.
It just strikes me as strange that Toei wouldn't make an effort to have Miyauchi back considering he still has a strong association with them, and is an actor who is a thousand times easier to get than many of the others. He's certainly easier to have back than Fujioka or Sugata. It's hard to believe he is so unavailable. Is he?

Considering V3 explicitly renamed Riderman AS Kamen Rider Four at the climax of his character arc, AKA the time he seemingly died taking out a nuclear missile so it wouldn't harm anyone?

Just a teensy bit.
This is why V3 and Riderman should be a very important part of these stories. Sure, Yamaguchi is not around so this might be forgiven for #4 (there's still many other ways to make connections to Yuuki Jouji/Riderman), but there's no excuse to be doing what they're doing with V3 and #3.

Ah, see the flight suit with Rider elements works much better for me than #3 with his pectoral eaves and boxy shoulder pads.
V3's origin showed that Ichigo and Nigo had started fighting Destron before they were forced to turn Kazami into another Rider. That was after Shocker (and Gel-Shocker) were destroyed. But I get the impression that this is meant to be an AU movie rather than a permanent change, and Drive will be restoring the true timeline by the end. The whole point of these all-Rider movies is getting to see the old characters again. It's something that Toei has marketed as part of their appeal. I don't think they're going to get rid of the classic Riders and lose that angle. I doubt we'll be seeing them replacing V3 and Riderman in the all-Rider poses for future Taisen movies. Heck, at the moment I doubt we'll see them at all after Drive ends.
To clarify: the Double Riders discovered Destron at the same time Kazami did (as a matter of fact, Kazami discovered them first, like a day before they did), so they had been fighting Destron for one or 2 days only before they turned him into V3.

Whether the timeline is restored or not, whether this is "AU" or not, Riders 3 and 4 have a lot of potential to return in the future as a sort of stand-in for the Double Riders without replacing them entirely (instead of having the ones from THE FIRST/NEXT return instead of them). Their return does not have to replace V3 and Riderman at all. It just seems like they're forgetting Riderman and V3 are the original #3 and #4.
 
If that's true, then that's kinda lame.
Wasn't Shocker already this big terrorist organization that could do pretty much anything they wanted without any government stopping them?
The only thing worthwhile they have in this altered timeline is Drive, who'll obviously turn good and Sango, who I think will also turn good by the end.
And controlling the government doesn't do much in terms of serving a threat to the Riders.
Oh no, they're going to drown us in national debt and terrible bureaucracy!


tumblr_inline_n37vh78mCs1r8soiz.avif
tumblr_inline_n3ogu3pipr1r8soiz.avif
tumblr_inline_njti90YuLw1r8soiz.avif
Another thing that's bugging me is that Drive is evil in this movie and Kotaro's speech about being a Rider seemed to be directed at Drive.
And the whole Kiriko falling off the building seems to imply that that's the moment Drive becomes good again.
Shouldn't they have done this for Sango instead?
It'd make perfect sense if it was Sango that slowly learns what it means to be a true Rider, instead of Drive, who's already a proper Rider in his own show.

You missed the point that Drive is a police officer and allied with the authority system, who drives a car on top of that. No Rider has ever been as definitely joined with authority as much as Drive has, even Kuuga didn't have a badge and Kuuga is the admitted special case of Kamen Rider.
Sango is merely the reflection of Drive and how Drive has influenced us how people see what Kamen Rider is today as an nigh-opposite of the original ethos.
 
You missed the point that Drive is a police officer and allied with the authority system, who drives a car on top of that. No Rider has ever been as definitely joined with authority as much as Drive has, even Kuuga didn't have a badge and Kuuga is the admitted special case of Kamen Rider.
Sango is merely the reflection of Drive and how Drive has influenced us how people see what Kamen Rider is today as an nigh-opposite of the original ethos.

I think you missed my point or I don't quite get what you're trying to say in relation to what you quoted me on.
My point was that Drive is getting all this development that should have clearly gone to Sango.
Drive gets all this support to turn from evil to good, even though it amounts to nothing since in the show, Drive is already good.
People who go watch this movie have probably already seen the show, so they already know Drive is inherently good.
Even if people haven't seen the show, it's a no brainer that Drive is a heroic Rider.
Sango on the other hand is this mysterious character who we know nothing about.
And it seems his development as a character comes from suit only replacement VA Riders and an altered timeline Drive who's kinda evil.
So the focus of the movie is all wrong.

And I think I get what you're saying, but not 100%, so bear with me.
You're saying that Sango isn't like modern Riders so it makes sense that it's Drive that gets that "redeeming" speech and subsequent "development" into one right?
If so, I kinda agree with that, and I suppose I didn't think about how Sango is technically a Showa Rider.
At the same time though, all Riders, regardless of their background, are always heroic one way or another.
Sango is being depicted as a kinda evil Rider (Since I do remember reading how he hates monsters or something?) and a scan showed him doing a Triple Rider Kick with Ichigo and Nigo.
So it shows that he does have a change of heart later on, which goes back to my main gripe of this movie.
That Drive is getting more attention for a plot clearly meant for Sango.
Which I also kinda get since Drive is the current Rider, but they could have made him do something else that didn't take away from Sango's progression as a character.

I'm not sure if I completely missed your point or not, but regardless, I did wanted to add to what I said earlier, even though half it was the same thing :laugh:

And I'll have you know that G3 is actually the first Rider to be definitely tied to the police :P
There's also Accel, but I'm pretty sure you meant main Rider, not secondary ones.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top