kuroihikari
Member
This is not true, at least for me. Even if the Taisen movies suck, I still look forward to speculating and seeing the Legend Riders return in person. That is the big highlight for me with SHT and KRT. Those moments of seeing the heroes of the past return, possibly for the last time is so epic.
The whole "the older show, the less people will care" thing only applies to kids who didn't grow up watching it or fans who've never seen the show. But even then, I still care. Like with the new movie coming out next year, Black RX is back, I've never seen the show yet, but I am interested to see what happens with him and Drive.
The only satisfaction for me is seeing updates of the older Riders, even if I did not know what their show was about. Still didn't care for the story, though. It means I'll be curious enough to watch it, but I'm still gonna think it sucked hard.
I think that's what happened with the numbers.
But in the end I think that trying to care for the story was really my downfall.