Rumor: Zac Efron cast as Kaneda in live action Akria

Raxbait: Hip
Cut some hair, dye it black, different color contacts, hmm.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
I'm not happy with caucasian cast members let alone Zac Efron to do any of the characters in Akira. I could understand Goku being played by a white person in DB Evolution since Goku was an alien from another planet in the anime/manga, but in Akira's anime/manga, almost everyone there was Japanese, including Kaneda and Tetsuo. Plus the setting was of course in Tokyo, so it doesn't make sense in context and story to cast caucasians in this movie. This kind of movie needs asian actors.

Unless Zac Efron is gonna squint his eyes all the time to TRY to look asian.

He looks like it if he dies his hair black. His performances outside HSM and Hairspray are pretty decent, so I'll give him a chance.

The dude can act so sure why not.
I'm not happy with caucasian cast members let alone Zac Efron to do any of the characters in Akira. I could understand Goku being played by a white person in DB Evolution since Goku was an alien from another planet in the anime/manga, but in Akira's anime/manga, almost everyone there was Japanese, including Kaneda and Tetsuo. Plus the setting was of course in Tokyo, so it doesn't make sense in context and story to cast caucasians in this movie. This kind of movie needs asian actors.

Unless Zac Efron is gonna squint his eyes all the time to TRY to look asian.
They changed the setting to Manhattan last I checked. For this movie it's not a big deal. If Akira was written by an american it'd probably be set in america.

Banned
The dude can act so sure why not.

They changed the setting to Manhattan last I checked. For this movie it's not a big deal. If Akira was written by an american it'd probably be set in america.

But it wasn't written by an American now was it.