Ressha Sentai ToQger Station 36 "A+ Dream"

Painted_Outlaw

The new Tendou Souji
155Izip.png


Hikari finds their old homeroom teacher is still alive, as she had left town to go to university, and he leads the others in protecting her from Mannenhitsu Shadow's failure attack.
​
 
Another cute episode, though I wasn't too invested in it like others. Just didn't seem to be enough interaction with Sakura-sensei. Other than that, pretty good. Liked the 0go and -100go jokes, another hilarious monster of the week and ToQ4 Hyper had a freakin awesome fight scene.
 
I thought it was a sweet episode! Fountain Pen Shadow had a cool design and when Hikari went all out against him it was SO badass!

Really my favorite of the guys :D
 
ToQ 36:

- Strange how Sakura's appearance changes so drastically from her job to her college attire. Suddenly I agree with Calvin's (from Calvin and Hobbes) thoughts about teachers.

- I like how the college kids hide under their desks with nary any real panic :laugh:

- I agree with Tokatchi's assessment of Sakura. Kind of funny considering he and the others are just kids.

- If Subarugahama was "erased" from existence, why would they think anyone outside the zone of darkness would remember it? Didn't they say before that Shadow Towns are wiped form memories?

- ... Why is Conductor sobbing into the mic?

- No no, not the "I'm strong!" nonsense again! I thought we quit that!

- Why is it always the boys who are constantly poor students in media? Almost never is it a girl. I think Disney's Shake It Up is one of the lone exceptions. (Don't ask)

- I wish they used one of the insert songs for Hikari's fight rather than the theme. It's a bit too upbeat for a dramatic scene.

- They're revealing Akira's deal already? And what chess piece is that Shadow supposed to be?

This show has really picked up since the 20s. It's still not as great as it could be, but I'm enjoying it. In fact it's kind of an improved Den-O, in as far as I'm comparing shows about train travel and dealing with memories.
 
- Why is it always the boys who are constantly poor students in media? Almost never is it a girl. I think Disney's Shake It Up is one of the lone exceptions. (Don't ask)

I've found that in shoujo manga the lead girl being untalented/a ditz is more common (Itazura Na Kiss, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Kimi ni Todoke). It depends on the target audience and the kind of story they're trying to tell.

Legally Blonde was like this to start with, for example. She's All That also had a very intelligent male lead.

Pygmalion/Galatea stories usually have a very talented male as lead, and those are a dime a dozen. Cinderella stories also usually have a talented male as lead.
 
Yeah what was up with the conductor in this episode? He seemed weird... was that some sort of bizarre injoke??
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed Conductor acting really weird in this episode for no discernible reason :sweat:.

It was nice getting another Hikari focus episode since his usually tend to be quite enjoyable, especially since we get to see the softer side to his character :).

Some nice comedy, from Tokatti dealing with losing his glasses to the respective ToQger's reactions to their failing grades...and in Right's case, his nonchalant reaction to getting a zero only to recoil at a -100 :laugh:.

I guess having her dream taken from Sakura-Sensei, an indirect result of having her inspirational period in Pleiades Shore/Subarugahama wiped from her memory after it became a Shadow Town, left her with no real reason or desire to move forward in college. Which left her personality stuck in a state where she couldn't develop, and was left in a state that came off quite shallow. Good thing Hikari was there to remind her of what she learned :thumbs:.

Well, Build Dai-Oh finally makes a reappearance with the Drill Express, only to still need ToQ Rainbow to save the day. I guess it was nice seeing it again at least :P.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top