safe_image.php

Darkness is always vast.
It can swallow light in an instant.
There is only power that can counter it.
No... only one power needs to!
Dreams... Hopes... Creation... Prayers...
The thing they all have in common: IMAGINATION!!!

Last edited:
Shining~
^
I imagined (lol) that as a narrator with deep voice and epic scenes, then suddenly the Conductor shows up and doing his scream again :laugh:

Lurker
Great finale, that final battle was epic. The ending was so touching, the ToqGer returned to their families was a good way to end the series. Cant way for the return V-Cinema, hope Z will finally get to shine (Kirakira) and Gritta will get a cute looking human form

I've never felt this emotional for a Sentai finale, at least I don't remember feeling like this throughout my 10 years of watching Sentai. I do cry fountains watching certain scenes, but damn. that look on Right's face when his family finally showed up. :bawling:

I, too, can't wait for the V-Cinema as well as the VS team-up movie. anyways... sayonara, Tokkyuger. yoroshiku, Ninninger! :nipponlove:

That finale was pretty weird : because frankly, I've never seen a Big Bad be so happy of losing : first, when he sees the light shining in the darkness, he sees it, not as an annoying stuff, but as the return of a memory that has been important to him. Then, when he sees the Rainbow Line trains charging against his darkness and his castle, he looks at it with fascination and even pleasure: Mork has to push him aside because otherwise, he would have let himself been caught by the trains.
When Right and the others are facing him defiantly, is he annoyed? not at all, in the contrary, he likes Right much more full of shine and brightness than the Right full of darkness before : we see him laugh after Right tells him he's gonna use imagination, not darkness against him : not really a mocking laugh, but a laugh of admiration, even in a way, respect.
And while indeed, he faces him in a tough showdown, one has to wonder if the reason Zett wanted to defeat Right wasn't linked to the fact he was overcome with darkness. It's telling that he hates Nero and Morc much more than his enemies : there is no gratitude to them when he takes their darkness, he wants them gone, much more than the Toqger. It's very telling that, after the final blown he reveives from Right, he's not angry at all, but he seemed even at peace, admiring a rainbow, appreciating the light he in fact loves.
Kobayashi wanted the audience to have sympathy for Zett, and it's not surprising he survives.
The most striking element is the fact Gritta (or should I say "Glitter", because it's her real role : being a light shining in the darkness, an entity which "glitter", like a star in the night) is alive : when you think of it, it meant that Zett protected her from Nero and Mork's wrath in episode 45 by pretending to kill her. It makes wonder if in fact, what Zett really wanted was to get rid of his generals, to be at last left alone, and not under pressure from them, and be able to stay with Gritta afterwards, who is indeed the only shining he can get in the world of darkness he must live in.
Other point : while the return of the 4 other primary Toqger is seen as a key point of the show, in fact, their role was pretty limited in the final showdown ; they mostly fight an irrelevant duel with Morc (since in fact, Morc's death is Zett's work) and they give their resshas to Right for his final duel with Zett.
Lastly, the final scenes pretty much solve every problem incredibly easily : not only the Toqger are recognized by their family as adults, but they are even able to become kids again, as if nothing had happened : pretty much the opposite way Go-Busters did. While that ending is still very emotional, it's pretty much a "safe" ending.
A fun finale, but Toqger feels really like a very "safe show", and probably one of the most light hearted sentai ever done.

Other point : while the return of the 4 other primary Toqger is seen as a key point of the show, in fact, their role was pretty limited in the final showdown ; they mostly fight an irrelevant duel with Morc (since in fact, Morc's death is Zett's work) and they give their resshas to Right for his final duel with Zett.

Yep, the others were rather irrelevant - but then again, they were for the whole show.
Zett pretty much got rid of his entire group by himself, that and his attitude here made this a pretty devoid of threat show/final arc. Which is reinforced by the next point:

Lastly, the final scenes pretty much solve every problem incredibly easily : not only the Toqger are recognized by their family as adults, but they are even able to become kids again, as if nothing had happened : pretty much the opposite way Go-Busters did. While that ending is still very emotional, it's pretty much a "safe" ending.
A fun finale, but Toqger feels really like a very "safe show", and probably one of the most light hearted sentai ever done.

Not just Go-Busters, recent post-tsunami Sentai had all been dealing with loss and how even losing something it's possible to gain another in exchange. Gokaiger and Kyoryuger had moments like that in their last arcs.
But now, ToQGer? nope, they won everything they wanted too easily and didn't lose anything, no drawbacks. Safe sounds very appropriate indeed.

Sweet Sweets
Just watched the final episode. I thought it wrapped up the series well enough. I was wary on ToQ Rainbow, but I'm glad that it was just a one shot power up instead of Carnival mode from Kyouryu, which turned Daigo into a one man sentai. No mecha fight, but that didn't hurt anything. Probably my favorite character in the show was Akira...followed by Tokatii. Sorry for the stream of thoughts, but I did ultimately enjoy the series. Let's see how Ninninger is next week.

Lurker
I think this is the first Sentai in recent years that has decent acting. Everyone delivered their roles well, even the kids did a good job. That family reunion scene was a great and sweet moment, now all we need for the V-Cinema is Z get his Kirakira

is Mayor of Farmville
I made a thread, and didn't notice this one. I SO DUM...

Anyway...I rather like this ep as a conclusion to a long and hard fight against Emperor Z, who had time and time again proven himself ruthless. The Villains, while at times they just seemed scattered, reinforced one of the more pervasive themes of the series (As told to Z by Grita): That light exists because of darkness.

While it does seem like it cheapens the ending some, I also liked that the ToQ five finally got to be with their respective families once more, and I think the parents/elder siblings managed to recognize them in their adult forms, because they imagined the five kids to be strong, upstanding adults.

All in all, As Undrave said in one of the older ToQ threads, ToQger was a heavy locomotive that took its time to build up steam. But in my opinion, it got really good once it got rolling.

Now I'm just looking forward to the X-over movie between ToQ and Ninninger.

Captain
Pretty good, ending surprised me a little but overall, very satisfying, felt good. Well done Toqger !