D

Dr Kain

Well that was a rushed final battle. It felt like they were just trying to get through the fights just to get through them rather than write them. We didn't even actually get to see ToQ6 fight Nero, which was lame. I also found Right using all of the colors to fight Zed to be quite pointless as all he did was change colors, jump, and then change colors again. Then you have the Crows being defeated with like one step to the left. Lame. Overall, I can't say this finale did anything for me as the fights were over way too quick and there was no actual conclusion. Zed got away. As such, the villains have not been defeated, so why is the series over? I am so tired of these open ended endings just so they can pump out movies. This crap needs to end Toei!!!!

always henshining'
rushed and weak finale for a messy season. why am i not surprised? :sweat:

Overall, I can't say this finale did anything for me as the fights were over way too quick and there was no actual conclusion. Zed got away. As such, the villains have not been defeated, so why is the series over? Zed got away. As such, the villains have not been defeated, so why is the series over? I am so tired of these open ended endings just so they can pump out movies. This crap needs to end Toei!!!!

was that the problem? the script clearly wanted us to feel for Zed and it was damn obvious he wouldn't be killed off. movie or not, it wouldn't be tough to give us a proper finale better than this....anti-climax thing.
but then again, that was all ToQGer ever was, wasted potential at best. and the fights were always mediocre, shouldn't have waited anything different here either.

plese Toei, give Kobayashi a rest at last! another Shinkenger isn't happening.

That guy in Japan
- Little kids call each other "chan"?

Yes. I've seen many of my elementary school students do that with their classmates. However, these characters were supposed to be best friends so they probably should have been on a no-honorific basis with each other.

That guy in Japan
plese Toei, give Kobayashi a rest at last! another Shinkenger isn't happening.

I wouldn't be so sure. Ninninger looks like it has a VERY Shinkenger-ish feel to it. Give it a few weeks before you make that claim.

D

Dr Kain

I wouldn't be so sure. Ninninger looks like it has a VERY Shinkenger-ish feel to it. Give it a few weeks before you make that claim.

What he means is that she is not going ot have another success like Shinkenger, so they need to stop using her. Her writing is stale and she has already done every trope imaginable. She needs a five year rest so she can get he creative juices flowing as she hasn't done a truly good Sentai series since Gingaman.

When I made this thread I sooo wanted to use this panel from a Punisher comic as the main picture, but decided to resist in the end. :sweat:
Swordgun.jpg

ToQ #1 Orange was cool to see. It wasn't just Akira's suit with the numbers changed either - the gloves and boots stayed white as they are for the other colours. The use of their turntable cannon thing for the finale blow reminded me a bit of Gokaiger's final battle.

Overall, it felt like a 'personal' finale. It wasn't so much about an epic battle for the fate of the world but about their personal victories. I don't mind when Sentai does them, though I can see why others might.

Zed had been going a bit loopy during the last few episodes. He'd finally realised that he wasn't ever going to get to sparkle. It seemed like he'd taken a "when life gives you lemons" attitude and begun to play the part life was trying to force on him, but he seemed happy that Right had regained the shining (the same one Zed had been chasing all along). Ultimately he didn't seem to care about taking over the world and Right's redemption seemed to give him a little hope too, so I'm OK with them taking the unusual step of not killing the big bad.

It wasn't the only twist either: the families they were working to save weren't helpless (as they often are in this kind of fiction) but saved the protagonists twice in a single episode.
I imagined (lol) that as a narrator with deep voice and epic scenes, then suddenly the Conductor shows up and doing his scream again :laugh:
I thought it was a brilliant quote. It really summed up what the show was about.
Oooh! Did you guys notice how at the end Mio had her doll in her bag? The one that came to life in one of the early episodes? The one that looked like a dumpling...forgot its name though.
<puts on high pitched voice> MIKEY!!!
She needs a five year rest so she can get he creative juices flowing as she hasn't done a truly good Sentai series since Gingaman.
Which is all very well but not really possible in the real world where people have bills to pay and Toei sure as heck aren't going to pay her to do nothing for five years. I think what they need is for a producer (as they're the ones who make most of the big decisions about the story of a toku show) who will throw her a real curveball that provides her with something to get her teeth into. For example, she's also the head writer on the Garo anime and while she isn't writing the entire thing by herself she is apparently responsible for the setting, characters, overarching plot etc (Keita Amemiya is apparently being very hands-off) and TBH the writing on that show is probably some of the best in that franchise. Different requirements, different challenge, and she's putting out good material. With Sentai the requirements of the show are always the same and the intended audience only watches for two or three seasons before moving on, so it's easy to end up in a rut of recycling your old material because it's still fit for purpose and the audience hasn't seen it (aside from us out here in the periphery, but seeing as we're discussing this in a final episode thread it looks like that doesn't stop us watching either :sweat:).

The new Tendou Souji
What he means is that she is not going ot have another success like Shinkenger, so they need to stop using her.

You (as well as others)'re forgetting about Producer Utsunomiya, who was Shinken's producer* as well as this one. He was another important chip in the "Let's re-do Shinkenger" puzzle that Toei likely had going on.
*And Wizard and Gokaiger but, those aren't relevant to this convo.

<puts on high pitched voice> MIKEY!!!

...??
(Hopefully, this starts at 04:42)
http://youtu.be/l4XkivsJqA4?t=4m42s

Her writing is stale and she has already done every trope imaginable. She needs a five year rest so she can get he creative juices flowing as she hasn't done a truly good Sentai series since Gingaman.

Now that you've mentioned..since Gingaman, she wrote five Sentai. That's almost 1/3 of the shows since then. Only Junki Takegami and Naruhisa Arakawa come close, and still, they wrote three series each.
She really needs a break.

It's not a bad thing that Kento Shimoyama is writing Ninninger..at the very least it's gotta be a little more unpredictable than usual.