Ressha Sentai ToQger Ep 8 "Big Explosion on the Rainbow Line"

Loved the train chase in this episode!

Overall a fun episode! Loved the start where they were asking the kids if they have seen the Diesel Ressha. Badly acting, but what do you expect from kids? It was cute, Tokachi asking the toddler was hilarious. Rest of the episode was great. I love the split between Right finding the Diesel Ressha and the Bomb Shadow destroying the breaks. Got pretty intense, and awesome miniature footage of the Ressha's. Cool to see them in suit for so long, Wagon is weird and the scene with Hikari seeing Conductor wiping the sweat off his face with Ticket was priceless. The norikae change was pretty clever.

So the Ressha's are sentient or something? And I wonder if Right had a strong relationship with his grandpa or something, comparing the Ressha to an elder.

Overall, great episode.
 
Last edited:
I wonder if that TQ1-6 and TQ0/TQO panel means anything.
Wasn't Deathryuger using battery number 0 last year? Maybe it's another movie senshi?
Lazy, if you think about it having one of the girls develop a crush on a older man, fits perfectly with the idea of them being children or adults with childlike minds.
Yeah, thanks for making that extremely squicky. I'm going to spend all of next week's episode thinking "but what if she's only seven!?!?!" :shakefist
 
Maybe it just stands for TokyuOh, as in the robot? TQO?

There is also CTQO (Chou TokyuOh?) and and DGO (Diesel Something-Oh?) on the screen as well. The light colours are the same.
 
Even if I don't really mind Greta's massive crush on Schwarz, I do agree that having it reinforced over and over again can get a little old :sweat:.

I'd much rather see more scenes between Nero, Noir, and their possible belligerent sexual tension :P.

Though Kobayashi is probably just setting up how almost obsessed with Schwarz Greta is to provide a reason for her to upgrade as a villain like a lot of people are predicting. Though I wonder how the Emperor will feel if his "wife" is so hung up on a dead general? Or will he be satisfied with her desire to take down the ToQger's even if she doesn't care a bit about him?

I also have to wonder, considering Nero's success in this episode, how long the series will put off the Emperor's arrival...
 
Naturally when a female character gets her first focus episode it HAS to be about "love" :rolleyes2: I know Chopper's actor is only in his late 20s but he still looks way too old for Riria ...

It is really sad to see these lazy plot devices being used for the girls, but I don't think there's that big an age gap between them. It would have been much more creepy if it was with Kagura, who's much younger and frequently acts like a little kid. Although the whole "having a crush on an older guy" thing would have maybe made more sense coming from her.

I'm also pretty sure the whole "TQO" thing does just refer to ToQ-Oh. It didn't look like a zero and the fact none of the leaked sounds hint at a seventh ranger makes it seem unlikely, although not impossible.
 
It is really sad to see these lazy plot devices being used for the girls, but I don't think there's that big an age gap between them. It would have been much more creepy if it was with Kagura, who's much younger and frequently acts like a little kid. Although the whole "having a crush on an older guy" thing would have maybe made more sense coming from her.

I'm also pretty sure the whole "TQO" thing does just refer to ToQ-Oh. It didn't look like a zero and the fact none of the leaked sounds hint at a seventh ranger makes it seem unlikely, although not impossible.

Yes, but with Mio, it's blatantly being done to feminise her and hammer in to the audience that she is a "real" woman. She may say she hates romance, but she just hasn't met the right guy yet - all women want lurve and babies, and she's no different! And I already suspect Kagura will be the subject of yet another godawful bride episode. As for Gritta, has she done ANYTHING in eight episodes that did not involve fawning over Schwarz?

Mio is the same age as Kagura despite the difference in the way they look and act. I have a theory that if the ToQGers really are still kids, their grown-up warrior selves manifest as a reflection of their inner age/maturity. So, Kagura and Hikari are the youngest, Right in the middle, and Mio and Tokacchi the oldest even though they are all still the same age. (Hikari is more "serious" than the others, but he's emotionally immature, and look at his fighting style. Tokacchi is silly and clumsy, but he worries and overthinks things in a way that isn't typical for a child)
 
If I recall correctly, Gritta did come up with and enact a plan so that Schwarz could get a good look at a fight with ToQ-Oh. Though I guess that could just be seen as more fawning on her end :sweat:.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top