Power Rangers S.P.D - Full Series Talkback "Fighting Crime... in a Future Time."

It's Judgement Time!
the ball of light returns yet again. Man its an evil mystery. Kewl episode. I was hoping for a weapon to weapon, hand to hand battle on the ground between Gruumm and Cruger after the vehicle battle but what we got owned. Nice use of sentai footage. Great episode plot. Like Commander Birdies design there. Sure its not as slick as the Dekaranger version but I like this one too. It works for what hes supposed to be. He looks and acts like a prick. I think he was designed really well. Kewl cutlass he had there. Very kewl that he tried to go out there and fight

But he came off as a completel bad guy. Like he WANTED SPD and the Rangers to fail. Just weird.

It's Judgement Time!
Michael Joe Red Mask said:
Yeah, thats what I heard....Commander Cock was an asshole in this episode.

Supreme Commander Foul Cock was indeed a prick.

Lurker
"Dismissed" Episode 19

This episode was one of the best of the season. It's about time. Supreme Commander Fowler Birdie, eh? He was a total jerk, and it was great. I loved seeing some tension in the chain of command. Ever since Jack and Sky seem to have resolved their differences, it could use some more tension.

Emperor Gruumm was awesome. It was great to see him kick butt like that. The battle between Gruumm and Shadow Ranger was awesome too. I like the Delta ATV. Although, I wish we would've got some hand to hand combat, with Gruumm, I'm sure we'll see him fight again in the future. I liked the part where it showed Cruger battling Gruumm on Sirius, and now we know how his other horn got broken.

I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Supreme Commander Birdie. It's good to see that S.P.D. has other areas to it, and a higher chain of command. I hope S.P.D. doesn't drop the ball on the oppurtunities it has. It was cool to see Omega at the end. Even though, I was hoping he'd appear at least a few more times throughout the episode to add suspense.. it was cool to see him at the end.

Was there something else? Oh yeah, it was funny when Commander Birdie called Jack, Sky. I was hoping he was going to say something like, "Why isn't Sky the Red Ranger?" or something like that. I also think he should've brought up what happened last week with Cruger leaving the city defenseless. It would've made his decision to relieve Cruger of duty better. Although, I think we had another new writer this week, who probably hasn't seen the entire series.

Oh and when did Sydney and Z get the skirts? I assume they're formal attire. They should keep them. ;)

Next week looks questionable, but it could be good. The preview wasn't great. Bruce said it was one of the show's best, but he also said the same about Recognition, and we all saw how that turned out.

A little badly paced in certain areas. I hate it when throw in split second shots of the Delta Runners coming out, then a split second of the Megazord forming, ect. Like they could just save time by having the Megazord come out.

Dull Brilliance
I liked all the unmorphed stuff regarding the animosity between Cruger and Birdy and Cruger's subsequent dismissal. I also enjoyed the references to "Shadow" and the girls were especially cute this week too. Unfortunately all the morphed action kept making me sleepy.

Neither of the monsters were interesting as they were pure filler and not even given any fun quirks like the monsters from "In Your Dreams" had. As for the big bike fight. I don't give a **** about bikes, I haven't given a **** about the bikes for a few years now and this episode's offering did nothing to change my disposition on the matter.

The major problem with this episode was that any chance of Gruumm being perceived as a major contender is gone. You don't have the head villain get beaten by the Rangers mid-season unless he's getting replaced (ala Scorpius, Diabolico) or coming back later in a new revitalized form (Master Org).

Now we know that just Shadow Ranger by himself can take down Gruumm if need be. Gruumm has no credibility left and he didn't have a whole lot to begin with. He's truly the sorriest ass villain we've ever had on the show.

I did enjoy the main plot regarding Cruger. Remove the bikes and replace Gruumm with some other monster with a past connected to Cruger like an escaped Benaag or something and I would have given this episode a glowing thumbs up. As it stands, I can't help but give it a mild thumbs down.

It's Judgement Time!
Behold the cuteness of the Kitten!!

KatCollection01.JPG

KatCollection02.JPG

Eye See You
Pretty awesome episode today. I thought Commander Birdie was a complete assfuck though.

Awesome ep it gets an A in my book.

Warrior Jedah said:
Gruumm has no credibility left and he didn't have a whole lot to begin with. He's truly the sorriest ass villain we've ever had on the show.

Somewhere In New Zealand....Grant Mc'Farlane breaths a sigh of Relief.