Power Rangers S.P.D - Full Series Talkback "Fighting Crime... in a Future Time."

It's Judgement Time!
Warrior Jedah said:
The major problem with this episode was that any chance of Gruumm being perceived as a major contender is gone. You don't have the head villain get beaten by the Rangers mid-season unless he's getting replaced (ala Scorpius, Diabolico) or coming back later in a new revitalized form (Master Org).

Good point. But let me throw a counter argument by you. For one thing, it's not Gruumm himself who is the major contender. Its his resources. His cunning. His armies. His hired help and his aquisitions that made him a feared force.

Have you ever played Chess my friend? It's not the King that wins the game. It's the King's Pawns. His Rooks. His bishops. And his Queen. The mightiest warrior of the game. They are the ones that win the battles under the King's stratedgy. If the King falls, the entire army falls.

Now lets look at Gruumm. We've been proven today that hes not the strongest warrior. He can take down three rangers just fine. In fact, he could probably take on all 5 if it got down to it. But Shadow Ranger is his rival. The one stopping him. We see today that Shadow is more than a match for Gruumm.

You say "Bad thing!". You also say "Gruumm being weak means hes a stupid villain!". I say you're wrong. To the point:

Gruumm not being able to defeat the Shadow Ranger doesnt make him stupid. Or worthless. It gives us a GOOD REASON Why Gruumm hasnt come down to earth himself and conquered it. If Gruumm was so might, so powerful that he could destroy Shadow Ranger AND all 5 rangers himself, why wouldnt he have already done so? And if he could, how would the rangers have driven him back today? Chances are they wouldnt have and Gruumm would have used a lame excuse to "let them go.. for now" and whatever.

I look at this as a good thing. Gruumm is a ruthless, cunning villain who may lose the battle. But he always finds creative ways to acheive a foot hold in the war. The rangers stop his advances on NewTech city but Gruumm still managed to steal vital resources. Or gain valuable information.

I mean cmon. You want Gruumm to kick their asses but then explain to me why and what would prevent him from doing so if he could? The fact that he CANT is a GOOD explanation to the aged question of "why doesnt he fight them himself!".

Because if he were to face all 6 of them, he would be destroyed. You lose the King you lose the WAR.

I think its far more silly to say hes a sucky villain just because he lost a battle. But Im rambling.

All Im saying is that Gruumm is far better than previous villains, whom always just bitched, complained, moaned, groaned, and did NOTHING otherwise to further their plans to conquer earth. Lets see LORD ZEDD. DIVATOX. Villains who did nothing but ***** and moan every episode and did nothing productive. At least Gruumm went down and did something. Or tried to. At least LOTHOR went down and tried to do something about it.

Better than watching Gruumm sit on a thrown all day and moan and concoct another crazy scheme involving a monster. I think the fact that he went down there himself to try and fight the rangers makes him more of a bad ass

Lurker
GrnPsychoGarren, I couldn't have said it better myself. I seriously agree with what you just said....

has left HJU. Not coming back.
I freakin' missed today's episode! My VCR was on when I was out of town and it didn't record it!

Lurker
ForeverRed said:
I freakin' missed today's episode! My VCR was on when I was out of town and it didn't record it!
:nelson: Sucks to be you. You missed a kickass episode...

Last edited:
has left HJU. Not coming back.
I download it and I just finished watching that episode! That episode was fantastic! All original OWNS! Heck yea! I must record that in 2 weeks on my VCR. Booya. And at the end... the ball of light is still following Doggie Cruger. Heehee.

Overall... excellent episode.

Last edited:
So what's better??? Big Brain Parrot or Commander Cock???

...next thing you'll know will have Commander Octopi and Drill Sargent Baboon...oy.

For The Greater Justice...
Poweranimals said:
Next week looks questionable, but it could be good. The preview wasn't great. Bruce said it was one of the show's best, but he also said the same about Recognition, and we all saw how that turned out.

Yeah... Recognition was a great episode. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dull Brilliance
GrnPsychoGarren said:

I like your chess analogy. A very convincing argument. If his apparent weakness had been my only problem with Gruumm up to this point. Your counterpoint would have succeeded in changing my mind on the villain.