Power Rangers S.P.D - Full Series Talkback "Fighting Crime... in a Future Time."

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
Mihara said:
And just what was so bad about that?.

Nothing. I had no problem with it.

Mihara said:
He left Mesogog, apparently betraying him in the process, or course he's going to be hunting him down.

Yet you missed the part when I said "hunted Zeltrax one episode. Stopped doing it and never mentioned Zeltrax again after that episode". lol

I agree he SHOULD have been hunting Zeltrax down.

Mihara said:
And people still lose either way.

Yes they do. But apparently not as far as the Cardinals of Tommy are concerned. DT is their holy grail and SPD is the spawn of satan apparently.

Mihara said:
and apparently they were close to Elsa after they saved her.

Note Zeltrax kidnapped her before the Rangers were even close to her. Note that Elsa was always a villain before and the rangers immediately trust her quicker than they trusted Trent. Note that Zeltrax didnt kidnap her because she was close to them. lol. He was already trying to kidnap her when she somehow appeared on a roof after being zapped by Mesogog.

Mihara said:
How did they not care?

I dunno. Probably the total lack of sympathy or remorse on their faces. Kira being the only one who wanted to go back for him. Worried about him. While the otheres were like "**** him. hes fine". You could tell Tommy and Conner hated Trent. Ethan was pretty in the middle about it. Willing to follow the crowds decision and Kira being the only one who did care.

Mihara said:
SPD's done the same though

I agree. Which was the point of my post! :laugh: That SPD and DT are similar! That DT had problems just like SPD did and yet DT is LOVED BY ALL and SPD is hated by those same people. I'm wondering "wtf".

Mihara said:
They're both rushed, and about the only thing that seemed good is the final culmination of their master plan.

Exactly! Except Mesogog didnt have much of a master plan. The death ray came out of no where. He had no real plan other than turning into a monster and going "boom". Where as Gruumm was planning something (just like Lothor) the ENTIRE season. Proving why he hasnt blown up Earth... and yet that's all ignored by people. Heaven forbid we dare say something good about SPD.

Mihara said:
I'm not going to turn a blind eye and act like NS and DT didn't do what SPD...did.

Exactly. I won't either. I wont turn a blind eye to SPD. I agree that it had problems. That the one main problem was that the middle of SPD felt pointless and empty. It didnt go anywhere, it didnt give us any new insight on characters, there was no real development during the middle of SPD. SPD was ultimately the first 14 episodes plus the last 4. And there you go.

I know it's problems. You and me seem to be the only ones not turning a blind eye. Which is the problem and the point of my post. To show that DT finale had the same problems that the SPD finale had. Yet we all still enjoyed the DT finale didnt we.

Though you know I dont know why Im being so defensive this season. Im used to people hating what I love. I liked the NS finale and people hated. I liked the DT finale and there were a couple haters of it. I just feel the hate of SPD is just really un-freaking-fair sometimes.

Lisa J

GrnPsychoGarren said:
How? How we forget the forgotten plot of Zeltrax, Elsa & Tommy. You still didnt say what the finale had besides action. It didnt have a thing. It had Mesogog coming up with a giant Death-Ray at the last minute. Last time I watched DT, I never, EVER saw Mesogog mention construction of this Dino-Beam. Nor did I ever hear him mention construction of a "replicant zord". Hmmm funny how we forget that too.
Don't patronize me. I didn't say the finale was perfect. I didn't forget about Zeltrax and the weak normal Elsa, for your information. The worst plot handled on DT was Zeltrax. They built up the whole Zeltrax/Dr. O thing nicely, then nothing happens. So that was the main thing that annoyed me. We also didn't know how Elsa turned evil, where she came from, etc. So that was a bit annoying as well, but not as much as the whole Zeltrax plot because Elsa rocked as a character anyway. Normal Elsa....ehh...not so much.

As for the "Death-Ray," we know that he wanted to get the dino gems since day one. Every darn episode was about getting the dino gems. Did we really have to know about him making a ray? No. Saving your ulitmate plan for the final few eps is fine. And why would he need to mention a replicant zord through the series? Again, when you have a finale, you're going to have surprises. It wasn't as if we didn't know what Mesogog wanted to do throughtout the series: To return Earth back to the dinosaur age. So he needed to get rid of the rangers and get their dino gems. We know that, so any extra weapons that he brought about for the finale all correlated to that main goal.

Note, Zeltrax's hatred for Oliver was mentioned over and over in the beginning. What happened because of that? People groaned because Zeltrax wouldnt spit it out why he hated Tommy. When Zeltrax did spit it out, it was mind blowingly stupid. A collegue that Tommy barely knew held a grudge because Tommy took his job. Oh WOW. Tommy apparently, indirectly pissed him off.
That's your opinion. It's not stupid at all, it's valid. While we wouldn't turn into some monster and go after people who took our jobs, Zeltraz felt it was valid enough to hate him so. And it wasn't as if Tommy "barely knew" him. They worked together with Mercer. They weren't best friends, but they didn't "barely" know each other.

Not only that when Zeltrax returns, suddenly Mesogog and Elsa are on the hunt for him. (out of no where). Yet here comes the next episode and they've forgotten all about Zeltrax and dont care. What about that?
Meso and Elsa weren't "suddenly" onthe hunt for Zeltrax. They knew that Zeltrax was acting on his own and not listening to Meso, so he had to be dealt with. Why they didn't care about Zeltrax the next? I don't personally remember that, but if so, the whole Zeltrax plot was dealt with poorly towards the middle of DT, so I'm not surprised. But still point out which eps where he was "forgotten."

Or what about the whole "elsa and Tommy" thing that was nicely built up in the beginning then dropped the rest of the series until the very end which is ended in just a little comment from Elsa about it. woo.
Wrong, sir. First off, let's deal with the fact the Elsa is evil and she's not suppose to like Dr. O, so you're gonna have Elsa trying to forget about her feelings for him. Second, it wasn't totally dropped in the season. It was brought up again in "Beneath the Surface" esp. at the end where Dr. O was asking Randall if she was alright. She asks him, "You were worried about me?" or something to that effect. That was the hint of Dr. O/Elsa, not completely dropped. If it were only mentioned in the beginning and end, then you'd have a point. But remember, Elsa is suppose to hate Dr. O. You're not going to see her expressing her undying love for him throughout the season. That would just be creepy.

Or hell, let's talk more about the finale. Let's see what went on in it. Elsa is turned back into a human (no explanation on who she is, what she was, how she came to be with Mesogog or wth just happened that somehow turned her human as opposed to what?) Zeltrax takes her for some reason. Why? I dunno. He likes taking pretty women. It seems Zeltrax just sits in the shadows and WAITs for a pretty woman to be all alone so he can take her.
Mentioned the Elsa thing already, so yeah, that didn't tick me off a bit. And Zeltrax took Elsa because he still liked her AND anything to piss of Dr. O would be helpful to him.

Not only that but somehow the rangers just up and trust her. They had trouble trusting Trent the entire season. Elsa, who has never EVER shown any signs of good (as opposed to Trent who has shown he was good) is immediately trusted to stay alone int he base. In fact we had to have a whole clip show episode just to show Jerk Off Conner finally trust Trent.
When Trent was shown to be "good" at first, he was tricking the rangers. Why would they trust him so freely after that? And yeah, the rangers can tell that Elsa was back to "normal." By process of elimination, if a person has changed drastically, a good chance that you can trust them. Could they have been fooled by Elsa? Yeah, but normal Elsa was too dazed and confused to figure out what the hell happened to her, let alone anyone else.

Oh and the truck! how about the truck? Comes in out of no where, blows Mesogogs base up with one hit (how convenient. I totally wish SPD would have blown Gruumm's ship up with one hit.) And then the rangers dont even give a **** about Trent's safety afterwards. Kira is the only one who seems to give a damn. Wow.
Dude, that's like saying, "Omg! the SWAT truck came outta nowhere!" or, "Omg! The Zord Holding Bay for SPD came outta nowhere!!" Both were never mention before each episode, and esp. with the Zord Holding Bay never being mentioned before the finale. There's nothing wrong with introducing new arsenals, or in the Holding Bay's case, new locations of the SPD Headquarters. But back to DT's truck, what else were they suppose to do without their gems? C'mon, just because you didn't like the truck, doesn't mean the plot of getting to Meso's was handled poorly. And yeah, it was always the case that Kira cared about Trent more than the rest of the team. Conner usually wound't give a flying fig about him, and Ethan...who knows.

Im sorry how could I not see all these storylines being built up? I totally ignored the storyline of the Dino-Death Ray. The story of Elsa. The story of Zeltrax (who went mysteriously absent, came back for one episode then left again until the finale. Where he somehow had a giant zord with boobs) How could I have forgotten the story of... of. Zeltrax blowing up their base and Mesogog becoming a monster? o_O; yeah... Oh and let's not forget Zeltrax being destroyed but a jump kick from Tommy and Kira... WOOOOHOOOO! Or Trent's final battle being with mere foot soldiers.
How about Trent saving his father, or how about the struggle to get to Meso's without their powers? The thing that was different from Dt's part 1 to SPD's part one was the pacing. Quite frankly, A-Sqaud was dealt with in a rushed manner. I thought they'd continue battling into the second half since they were "the best of the best." That didn't happen. Broodwing was dealt with so-so...since when did he want to take over Earth? I thought he wanted to get back at Gruumm, but he's only helping Gruumm in trying to get rid of the rangers. And now we won't have any Broodwing/Gruumm b/c Broodwing's been contained....which was another rushed plot.

You may not have liked the fact that DT dealt with battles differently, but the overall story (besides Zeltrax and a bit of Elsa) lead to somewhere in the finale. Ending's Pt. 1 was treated with mostly exposions and exposions, then Isinia, and then more explosions. Also, I didn't see you complain about Ally coming outta nowhere to be Jack's love. You bring up how DT introduced weapons and crap outta nowhere, how about introducing characters outta nowhere that'll have a huge impact on a main character?!?! That's kinda jaded. Why wasn't she around before? Because every episode (besides Beginnings and a bit of Walls) that was Jack-focused reflected merely on Sky. After Walls, Jack never had a episode where it was [Will and Grace] JUST JACK![/Will and Grace]. So the opportunity to introduce a love interest before Resurrection was outta the question, hence the rush to get her tied into the finale.

Sounds like Biased love vs Biased hate here. I see no "story". I did see a lot of "Boom". Yet you say there wasnt a lot of "Boom". *gasp* DT's finale doesnt seem different from SPD, to me, afterall!

To your credit, the only story the finale did have was Trent and Mesogog. The only story DT did have and did right was Mesogog and Trent. Trents father Mercer.
Nothing wrong with a lil BOOM here and there, but DT's finale didn't overuse it. C'mon dude, the A and B-Squad's walk out, and there are 2 explosions. Unnecessary. Then, everyone it shooting (and missins horribly) with their guns, and more explosions. To me, all gun shooting is boring. But then they try to make it look cool with jumping in slo-mo...not cool. Get back to the martial arts that made PR so cool. Nothing wrong with using guns, just not all the time.

And you and I mentioned Trent/Meso/Mercer, so yeah, at least you noticed that. So far, SPD's finale hasn't dealt with much properly. Waiting for what happens with Cruger/Gruumm/Isinia...hopefully Cruger will get on the ball. Oh, and let's not forget how "Omega" (who doesn't have a real name anymore) is dealt with as a weapon and not a person. It was great how lil Sam grew up to be a ranger, but then after that "Omega" has been dealt with very poorly. Oh, and I love how in the Endings Part 2 promo, Kat says to the rest of the SPD staff that there's no one else left to protect Earth....while Omega is still STANDING THERE!

===
Note Im not hating on DT nor it's finale. I liked DT. It's not my favorite season but it still had it's great moments, even I can agree to that. I loved NS. I'm not hating on Doug, DT's finale was fine. I can name you a ton of things I loved about DT's finale.

But to attack SPD's finale as "lacking story" when last years Finale also lacked a story... to claim DT had a story that built up the ENTIRE season. That's when I turn on the heat. I'm going to attack DT's finale when people try to say it had all these things when it didnt. To hate on SPD's finale (when it isnt even over) and say DT was the prime example of how a finale should be... yeah. Not kewl. Sounds like a lot of biased.

And it's a discussion people. Let's not be offended by my comments. That's what the board is for. I defended Doug with a passion when he came to RB and got flammed and bashed for NS. I defended him. And Im going to defend Bruce. I know SPD isnt perfect but ****. He doesnt deserve this blind hate from people. And SPD doesnt deserve it either. People seem to be noticing SPD's faults and completely ignoring anything that IS good about SPD
I never said that DT was the prime example of a finale. Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that DT handled the pacing of the finale (in part 1) better than SPD's part 1. I haven't compared SPD fully to DT b/c SPD isn't done yet, but Part 1's I can compare, right? Yes. So my main point with Endings Part 1 is that it was too rushed. Period. The really good plot with the A-Squad was dealt with terribly. It was horrible. The A-Squad went down too quickly. The best plot went down too quickly.

And again, how do you know that I have a blind hate for SPD? Stop trying to make me look like the SPD hater. I loved SPD up until Shadow, then Messenger was ok, Perspective was funny, Reflection was HOT (well, the first part anyway), Katastrophe...HOT, etc. But the rest of the eps are just not my cup of tea for various reasons. That's not a blind hate, dude.

Endings Pt. 1 had a storyline, but didn't deal with it entirely well, hence the lack thereof. Harsh? Yes. A finale shouldn't have these problems late in the game. It's the finale for crying out loud. With DT, Zeltrax was already going down in a flaming fire, so I wasn't totally surprised with how he was dealt with in the end, still not cool, but not surprised. SPD with A-Squad though, that's just horrible. They should have been in Part 2 if they were such a threat, but I guess not. I've said it before: A-Squad and Broowing seemed as if they were MOTD's and not their ultimate rivals. Everything was too rushed. What would have been cool is that there would be an all-out battle among Gruumm's peeps with A-Squad, Broodwing's peeps, and SPD. Part 2 doesn't look like it's going to lend itself to that notion, as Omni will have some body to control...in other words, a really big zord. Hopefully part 2 will be better than part 1.

And just to end, we all have a bit of a bias. Most try to be objective as possible to make their bias minimal, but we all still have it. So to throw out that I'm obviously biased because I said that Endings Part 1 lacked a story is the pot calling the kettle black. Just like you liked certain things about DT's finale and didn't like certain things is the same with me and SPD...part 1 anyway. Clearly though, anyone who says anything bad about SPD is painted as being "biased." What's up with that? You obviously have NEVER talked to ME about SPD, so to paint me as a biased SPD hater is unfair. Why don't you chill out and talk to people instead of talking DOWN TO people? Ooo, someone says something that you don't like, and they're a biased SPD hater? Stop. Think. Listen.

Forever Knight said:
The A-Squad Red Ranger is freakin' sexy too.

I liked pink personally, so I'm disappointed we didn't get to see or hear more her. But I guess the old is true...red rangers always get more lines :) .

Anyhoo, I thought it was a good first part ender. I'm glad that A-squad wasn't turned evil or had some spell on them that gets removed at the end. They just wanted power. I love it. Too bad they didn't last longer or at least show up sooner before the finale. If there is a team up next year I have a feeling it will feature the A-squad ala the Pyscho Rangers.

I, too, miss wide angle single pan fight scenes. I was also disappointed that all A-squad really did was shoot at the rangers (i'm sure there are people at Rangerboard saying they are punks just like Lightspeed's Red ranger). But that backflip morph was cool.

I'm also disappointed that the Magnificense is just a giant brain. Seems too much like Scorpius from Lost Galaxy...an immobile evil entity that really can't do anything on his own. At least he realized this and used his minions to build him a body. But I want to know where he came from.

Goodbye Delta Squad Megazord. It may not have been my favorite, but I did get attached to it. We also got an answer to how Kat was able to fit the Delta Runners and the SWAT Flyers all in the Deltabase.

Should I expect to see the battilizer in the final episode? If not, that would probably be the shortest and most useless Red Ranger battilizer in PR history. If not, that's cool, as I don't want to see RIC destroyed anyway.

Keith Justice

Lisa J knocks it outta the park on all accounts. I have to agree with her. I'm no fan of DT, but it did have its good.

The Zeltrax grudge.... my god that was disappointing. Where they could've done ANYTHING, make him Zedd's son, make him a fallen Puddy.. anything... but instead they choose nothing special. Ugh.

Barashin

Lurker
Lisa J said:
And again, how do you know that I have a blind hate for SPD? Stop trying to make me look like the SPD hater. I loved SPD up until Shadow, then Messenger was ok, Perspective was funny, Reflection was HOT (well, the first part anyway), Katastrophe...HOT, etc. But the rest of the eps are just not my cup of tea for various reasons. That's not a blind hate, dude.

Lisa J said:
Endings Pt. 1 had a storyline, but didn't deal with it entirely well, hence the lack thereof. Harsh? Yes. A finale shouldn't have these problems late in the game. It's the finale for crying out loud. With DT, Zeltrax was already going down in a flaming fire, so I wasn't totally surprised with how he was dealt with in the end, still not cool, but not surprised. SPD with A-Squad though, that's just horrible. They should have been in Part 2 if they were such a threat, but I guess not. I've said it before: A-Squad and Broowing seemed as if they were MOTD's and not their ultimate rivals. Everything was too rushed. What would have been cool is that there would be an all-out battle among Gruumm's peeps with A-Squad, Broodwing's peeps, and SPD. Part 2 doesn't look like it's going to lend itself to that notion, as Omni will have some body to control...in other words, a really big zord. Hopefully part 2 will be better than part 1.
I totally agree. Everything you said was right on the money :buttrock:

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Keith "JC" Hayward said:
Lisa J knocks it outta the park on all accounts. I have to agree with her. I'm no fan of DT, but it did have its good.

I agree. I'm not a fan of DT either and yes, some were good. I liked the beginning of Dino Thunder until Tommy stuck in his suit for almost frickin' 10 episodes, Trent turned good too early, Zeltrax's retarded repeating against Tommy AND It went donwhill for me. It was completely bored and dull for me. I hated Conner and Trent. They both are the worst Rangers ever in my list. I mean, Conner was dumbass, annoying, babbling alot and of course, complain alot. He doesn't deserves to become Triassic Ranger and his battlizer. I wish someone should replace Conner. Trent was crappy White Ranger. He was weak. He should have stay evil for long time and why Clone White Ranger? Having Clone White Ranger was completely BAD IDEA and retarded. He was very weak just like Trent. Both of them are pathetic. Ethan is ok but kinda of annoying. Also I liked Kira. She was hot and her awesome martial arts skills.

I liked the idea that Tommy came back and become another Power Ranger. Until he got stuck in his Black Ranger suit, I wasn't very happy, I mean my gosh. I was mad. It is very ridiculous. Completely ridiculous. I felt like bought JDF back was really bad idea. I'm sorry but that was completely ruined for me. Alteast I liked "Fighting Spirit" and it was awesome.

Tommy/Zeltrax plot sucked. I mean, we need to know more deep story about them in the past. How did they meet? I did got sick of Zeltrax's retarded repeat to threat Tommy. That got me really bored. He was completely RETARDED!!

The only best if they could have use Tommy/Katherine storyline and Katherine turned into the villain and use the armor. I would love that story.

I liked Mesogog because he was badass. Another serious villain. He was amazing and very creepy but too bad, some episodes were ruined for me.

I hated the finale. It was completely rushed. The semi truck showed up in the finale... I mean wtf? They should have use the semi truck in few episodes before the finale. I didn't like Mesogog's final form that much.

I'm sorry. I don't like Dino Thunder and I'm not defending Doug Sloan. I hate Doug Sloan and I can flame Doug Sloan for all I care. He ruined Ninja Storm and that is why I hate Ninja Storm. Doug Sloan made two seasons into joke Power Rangers. If Doug Sloan comes back and make another joke Power Rangers, I would have hire a hitman to kill him. I don't worship him. NOTHING.

BUT... I liked Doug Sloan's work in early Saban's Era. Gosh, I miss Ol' Doug Sloan. :( I used to respect Doug Sloan's work with MMPR up to Turbo. NOT Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder.

Some of you like Dino Thunder, that's great. That's your opinions.

I love SPD and yes, SPD have alot flaws in it. I'm defending Bruce Kalish as well. It didn't work out at Rangerboard because there are alot Bruce Kalish haters. I gave up and let it go. I respects Bruce Kalish's work and I don't use my knee down and worship Bruce Kalish. Do I worships Bruce Kalish? No. Do I respects Bruce Kalish? Yes. Bruce Kalish got me back to watch Power Rangers. I was so happy and SPD got hooked me soooo hard. I love every episodes execpt 2 episodes. Pespective and Robotapoolza. The finale is definitely better than NS and DT's finale but I'll wait until the part 2 and then I'll judge myself.

Well, I think that's all I got.

Last edited:

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
Lisa J said:
Stop. Think. Listen.

Lol! Great read. My closing state is a lot of those points you made in defense of DT. Why dont you stop. think. and listen to yourself. And apply those SAME points to SPDs faults that you eagerly point out. Because they easily apply. Too rushed? And Zeltrax getting blown up wasnt? Sacrificing Zords wasnt?

Because I agree with you. I liked DT. I liked DT's finale. There's a difference here. I only attacked it to get you to defend it which you did.

Keith "JC" Hayward said:

Not the point of the discussion keith. Not the point. No one here has said DT sucked. The discussion isnt about DT. It's about SPD. About how people are bashing SPD for the same faults that DT had.

Skyknight

Lurker
I've seen enough of both SPDs' good and bad points to make more than a valid judgment on it. When the faults began showing up consistently, I passed it off as "entertaining, yet slightly overrated", then it just slummped more and more.

To be fair, I'll break down my favourate episodes of this season, heck, as bad as this is, its' better than Lightspeed

1. Reflections
2. Begginings
3. History
4. Shadow
5. Sam

Most of those are two parters. Think about that.

My seven year old nephew and a few of his freinds prefers much of the old seasons over SPD. So much for what the target audience thinks of it from my personal experiance.

In my personal opinion, SPD sucks to high hell, but does contain pivotal firsts in not just Power Rangers history, but both PR and Sentai history, incorporating a female Red Ranger being its' standout point, the cast also, have been the finest assembled since arguably Time Force, like it or not, things like that have ensured that SPD has put its' stamp on the PR fandom, no matter how bad it is

Bring on Mystic Force, it'll get its' props when it deserves it, from episodes to casting, but I'm not optimistic about it so far in terms of substance until I see it, if its' all style like SPD became, then shove it up it' ass

Zeltraxs' "blink and you'll miss it demise" does come off as a little...reallistic (given he was in an exploding ship at one point, could've weakened his abilties to survive something that slays any MOTW) , but still...dissapointing, but I'd easily pick "Thunder Struck Part Two" over "Endings Part One" in which too many plot threads, some of which could easily have been transistioned over several earlier episodes instead of filler material, were all thrown into the same episode, and some suffered for it.

Last edited:

ForeverRed

Hey, SkyKnight. (I know you, Zarius. ;) )Welcome to the board and please enjoy your stay. :buttrock:

Last edited:

VengeanceGOD

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
I still can't believe how bad this episode was. It's the finale, goddammit. *sigh*

I really hope Bruce doesn't **** up MF the way he has SPD. I don't WANT to be forced to be a Sentai Snob for a season.

Forever Knight

Eye See You
VengeanceGOD said:
I still can't believe how bad this episode was. It's the finale, goddammit. *sigh*

I really hope Bruce doesn't **** up MF the way he has SPD. I don't WANT to be forced to be a Sentai Snob for a season.

Now you know how I felt after NS. Unfortunatley, DT aired after NS so I had to endure it for 2 years. I'm still damaged from the experience.

Luckily, SPD retrieved some credibility back to the Power Rangers name. Not an entire shitload but enough to keep me watching.

Skyknight

Lurker
Forever Knight said:
Luckily, SPD retrieved some credibility back to the Power Rangers name. Not an entire shitload but enough to keep me watching.

DT did that in a heartbeat for me, NS is'nt as bad as its' perceived to be, it reintroduced the lighter aspects of PR that it gradually departed from during In Space, some liked that transistion, an evolution if you will, some did not, hence why you see a lot more old fans returning now, they've seen something that reminds them of the classics in format.

Hell I think even WFs' story editor though DT devolved the show...but when you accept PR as what it is, it does'nt matter if its' dark, mature, humerous, so long as it remains consistent and entertaining to a managable degree.

RitoRevolto

VengeanceGOD said:

Who wants to schedule the candlelight vigil for Magi the night of MF's premier?
<_<

Lisa J

GrnPsychoGarren said:
Lol! Great read. My closing state is a lot of those points you made in defense of DT. Why dont you stop. think. and listen to yourself. And apply those SAME points to SPDs faults that you eagerly point out. Because they easily apply. Too rushed? And Zeltrax getting blown up wasnt? Sacrificing Zords wasnt?

Because I agree with you. I liked DT. I liked DT's finale. There's a difference here. I only attacked it to get you to defend it which you did.
Lol, I love how people brought up the "sacrificing zords" as a bad thing. If it gets the job done, so be it. What about Andros "sacrifcing" Zordon? I don't hear anyone complaing about that.

Anywho, the reason why DT and SPD do not have the same faults becuase DT dealt with its plots over the whole season, unlike SPD who introduced plots and then completely forgot about them until the final few eps. Not to mention how schizophrenic the rangers were toward each other in SPD...going under the same "forgotten plot" theme. That was one of the things that irked me the most. At least in DT, characters stayed in character.....until they were featured in Wormhole, hmmm....I wonder why? >.> <.< Yeah, both DT's finale and SPD's have dealt with poor plots, but at least DT season didn't forget plots thoughtout the season.

VengeanceGOD

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Exactly, although I really enjoyed DT's finale. I think it was because I felt it wrapped up the characters well, even if the crazy action wasn't that great. Certainly the best finale we've had in the past few years was Ninja Storm.

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
Lisa J said:
Lol, I love how people brought up the "sacrificing zords" as a bad thing.

I didnt say it was bad. I said it was rushed. I was turning your claim that the SPD finale felt rushed and pointed out things about the DT finale that were rushed. I've said a bunch of times I liked the DT finale. Really loved the action. And even though many people hate Bobble-Head Mezzo I loved it. I loved that we got a monster form of him and a REAL final battle. I thought that was so bad ass. Sure his head bobbled but come ON!d the action was great.

But anywho, Im just trying to start **** and I shouldnt be. I'm sorry for riling you up Lis. Forgive me ;_; meow?

Anyways, great points. I enjoyed reading your debate. You should really rant like that on your pod casts. It would be a GREAT listen

ForeverRed

I guess no one wants to reply my comments. You guys know how I feel about NS and DT. I agree with Forever Knight.

And also, V-God is right about those. That's how I feel.

Lisa J

GrnPsychoGarren said:
I didnt say it was bad. I said it was rushed. I was turning your claim that the SPD finale felt rushed and pointed out things about the DT finale that were rushed. I've said a bunch of times I liked the DT finale. Really loved the action. And even though many people hate Bobble-Head Mezzo I loved it. I loved that we got a monster form of him and a REAL final battle. I thought that was so bad ass. Sure his head bobbled but come ON!d the action was great.

But anywho, Im just trying to start **** and I shouldnt be. I'm sorry for riling you up Lis. Forgive me ;_; meow?

Anyways, great points. I enjoyed reading your debate. You should really rant like that on your pod casts. It would be a GREAT listen
So..er....you want sacrificing zords in slo-mo? Granted, I'm not a fan of zords anyway, they tend to bore me except for the zord battle in MMPR:TM. In fact, a lot of zord battles are either rushed or waaaay too long. In any event, still think the DT's finale had better pacing, but we'll really see what goes down in Endings Part 2...better not be rushed or I'll stab the next SPD fan, lol.

Glad you liked the DT finale, sounded like you...er...didn't. But hey, cest la vie! And I'll probably rant about SPD in a future podcast, although when I write, I have more time to think of points. Oh yeah, random: I hated Bobble-Head Meso. He looked odd, but the idea was cool.

Keith Justice

GrnPsychoGarren said:
Not the point of the discussion keith. Not the point. No one here has said DT sucked. The discussion isnt about DT. It's about SPD. About how people are bashing SPD for the same faults that DT had.

I see. I'm sorry, but I love SPD and am glad the feel of the show has taken a different direction than what was saw past in DT and NS, but SPD is far from perfect and does have plenty of faults.

I think it's important to point out these faults if you love a show to make sure it does its best.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?