Sooooooooo...........what'd everyone think?

Did it get any better? How many of us watch it the whole way through?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STHwc4AaFyU"]PR Super Samurai - Super Samurai - Final Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Sooooooooooooo................... this was the final fight?

Banned
It was ****, only marginally better than the first season.
It started out decent, but then slipped into the same trap samurai had of just copying Shinkenger plots wholesale with almost no original touches save for how they changed Dayu and Decker to have a intertwining history, as well as small bit's here or there (like how Jayden actively encouraged Lauren to take over as red ranger, Decker's final fight or with Emily and Mike ending up together).

The Bulk and Spike bit's where the best part of the shows, and the return of Skull in the last episode was a great thing to see, but it doesn't save the show in my eyes.

Saban (once again) played it safe, but now that the brand is restablished, is free to take more creative risks. Megaforce looks to do just that what with jettisoning Goseiger's major theme as well as it's Mentor and robot buddy. Time will tell.

I'm tempted to break out a letter grade like i love to, but this isn't the place. :sweat:

*explosion*
It was a clear downgrade from RPM in terms of writing and acting, but everything else was a great upgrade from previous Disney seasons, especially in terms of content (full HD, decent production values, 40 episodes per season + movies and specials).

Although saying it's better than MMPR is not a good standard by any means, it is better than being MMPR, despite the show trying it's hardest of being as bad as MMPR.

However, as a show by itself, it's a watered down and gimped Shinkenger; they copied the scenes line by line, but removed everything that gave them reason, context, gravitas, and drama. The characters started with all the character development they were ever going to get.

Still, it showed signs of a promising future.

Hated the show for three reasons:

-It felt like rewatching Shinkenger, but that there was no creativity period.
-Bulk and Spike scenes are a huge waste. It worked in MMPR because Bulk and Skull were a huge part of the dynamics in the series and here, not so much.
-Characters were flat and never developed. This show makes The Last Airbender the next Titanic in terms of character development and it hardly had any.
-It being noticeably inferior to the fanfic adaptation I read. It was called Power Rangers Galaxy Striders and it was much better than the real thing for two reasons:
-It used the "footage" and told the story around the fights.
-It was a sequel to LG and was written as such, but the key was it had more creativity than this.

Production values, HD footage and 40 episodes was good, but as KingWilly stated, the rest of it stank. Only watch it for MegaForce, but you might as well just watch Shinkenger and be done with it and see a good series.

9 year old sister really enjoyed it overall. I know the show wasn't aimed at me but I did like it's production value, the fact that it got 40 episodes and then some, along with some of the small bits like MetalSymphony was saying.

Overall not the greatest season for older fans but it's a start to something bigger.

Anti-Anti
I'm only like 6 episodes in on netflix and the puns are becoming unbearable, was any other series this bad?

Fangtaku
Although saying it's better than MMPR is not a good standard by any means, it is better than being MMPR, despite the show trying it's hardest of being as bad as MMPR.

Actually, I just re-watched MMPR. I find MMPR superior to Samurai/Super Samurai.