My reason of why Go-Busters and Kamen Rider Wizard fail

D

Dr Kain

No, I watched all of it, it really went down hill after episode 15.

Now I know you are just trollin'! Even those who liked Blade from the first episode admit that the series does not take off until about episode 12.

Lurker
I like Blade, and I kind of have to admit that it got slow around 15ish, or whenever Leangle appeared (I want to say that's 15ish). It was good for a few episodes, and then went back down again for a while when he appeared.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Now I know you are just trollin'! Even those who liked Blade from the first episode admit that the series does not take off until about episode 12.
I am not trolling, that is how I felt about it.

Blade Adept
On the topic of Blade, I recently gave that show a rewatch, and I've had to reevaluate my Rider rankings list to bump it up further than where I originally slotted it. It was a fascinating re-traversal of two distinct halves of a show, and what I felt to be two main writers' individual takes on the show. The consequence of that I felt to be Mutsuki. His arc dragged, ebbed and flowed, as if the Category Ace decided to take a nap halfway through.

And even what I felt to be the most filler-like and silliest two-parter of the show (the Taiyaki Master Ultimate Form arc) was an enjoyable viewing compared to something like Wizard's astonishingly idiotic arsonist/Raum arc.

By no means do I think Wizard's writing is a train wreck product, nor do I consider it a show of unremitting rubbish, but it's regrettable that I retrospectively believe that much of the show has been a bland waste of time that I struggled to enjoy. I accept that Kabuto's writing is one of the chief case studies of "what the hell happened here?!", but I found more enjoyment from that show than from Wizard's overall run. There was only so far Wizard could dangle the Utsunomiya-style flashy fights carrot in front of me before the old "style-over-substance" cliché response entered the building.

Go-Busters? I was as sycophantic towards it as possible at the beginning. I had faith that the intermittent victories by Enter, and the background plot about the parents and Hyperspace was beginning to build up to something. Then of course, a series of anticlimactic results came in (*ahem* Vaglass's Delta-type Megazord), then the retooling, and whatever original vision of the story became lost in the metaphorical ratings-related fire. It wasn't helped that I couldn't seem to enjoy the characters sans Enter and to an extent Escape. Then the show sadly slipped from my radar, until the endgame episodes of the 40s. The behind-the-scenes of the show is like its own Greek tragedy.

Yet funnily enough, I must confess that from what I have seen of Kyoryuger, I have to rate it below Go-Busters. As apathetic towards Go-Busters as I became after a certain point, I just can't bring myself to care about Kyoryuger.

I loved both Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters and Kamen Rider Wizard. Both are in my top 10 for each respective series.

(runs away)

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I don't know why people make out that liking Go-Busters is such an "unpopular opinion." It’s not a Go-onger or a Goseiger, that's for sure.

If I had to guess at objective problems that led to the shows performing badly, they'd be:

Both

Sharp decline in ratings for both Sentai and Kamen Rider over the last few years.

Possibly the timeslot: as I understand it, the whole TV-Asahi morning lineup is having the same problem.

Go-Busters

Military/tech theme, which haven't been doing well with kids in Japan for some time.

Toei and/or Takebe not understanding that what works well for Kamen Rider won't always work for Sentai. The Doubutsu movie, which was basically Takebe and co. throwing an extended tantrum that audiences dared to not like their masterpiece, suggests some incredibly childish attitudes among the production team.

Show perceived by fans to be trying too hard to appeal to older viewers and ignoring kids. Kamen Rider may be able to get away with this, but Sentai can't – it has a much smaller adult audience.

Didn't have a collectible widget like the Ranger Keys, Zyudenchi, etc. which is what's selling toys for Toei at the moment.

Toei interfering in an effort to improve ratings and sales. It might be true that the show we got isn't too different from the way it was supposed to be, but putting pressure on the creative staff doesn't tend to do good things.

Style of the show would have been more appropriate to an older era of Sentai. People have pointed out elements in common with Fiveman, and I agree with something Lynxara said about how Go-Busters came across as the show that Kobayashi would have liked as her follow-up to Timeranger (which, itself, didn't perform well.)

Wizard

Fourth series in a row to use the same format

The first episodes didn't receive a boost from Wizard's debut in the Fourze summer movie.

Head writer whose last work for Toei resulted in disastrous toy sales.

The decision to make Koyomi Haruto's motivation and the centre of the plot, then hire an actress who couldn't commit to filming. At the very least, that's a huge lack of foresight and planning.

Creative problems associated with Utsunomiya: weak villain plot (which is easier to get away with in an ensemble show like Sentai than in Kamen Rider) and show lagging in the middle arc.

Kida hated Beast and made a point of sidelining him/making him look useless as much as possible. We got a decent conclusion to his arc because Junko Komura wrote it.

The answer is simple for both: BOOOOOOORING!

So unbelieveable ungodly BORING. nothing ever happened in Wizard, and nothing seems to happen after episode 20-ish of Gobuster.

They bored me to tears...