My reason of why Go-Busters and Kamen Rider Wizard fail

I found Wizard to be a decent series... Koyomi was cute and although the token "character who does nothing" (Koyomi, that guy in Fourze) "dying" but becoming a significant part of the story is soooo overdone in recent KR series it was still emotional plot. I thoroughly enjoyed the series.

Go-Busters on the other hand was boring. the theme and motif was so awesome - SPIES. Yet they had some of the flattest characters.. Yellow Buster was the only one remotely interesting for me. Those animal sidekicks were plain annoying ESPECIALLY THE DAMN BLUE GORILLA WHO WHINES ALL THE TIME... the villains were way better with Enter and Escape. The mecha was ugly (the frog eww Toei seriously)... plot was flat, boring, predictable... yeahhhh the series was so grey
 
Its ratings and sales are low which is sure to be at least part of the reason that Toei decided Gaim would not follow the format established by other post-Decade Rider series

Not surprise since I thought some of the gimmicks from W-Fourze was getting old at this point. I think Go-Busters did poorly since the spy theme was unappealing to the Japanese audience. I don't think kids in Japan are not into spies at all. Not even in America, kids are not into spies since I rarely bump into kids that likes James Bond.
 
Go-Busters on the other hand was boring. the theme and motif was so awesome - SPIES.

But they didn't even do anything with the spy aspect after the first 4 episodes.

Yet they had some of the flattest characters.. Yellow Buster

Here I must disagree as I thought she was the worst character in the show. Even the useless trio in the base had more personality than her. Hell, her character was as flat as her chest.:laugh:
 
Beside that whole villain stuff and all that!

My real reason of why Go-Busters fail because it was too resemble of Goranger due for spy mission. The producer of Go-Busters must be a huge fan of Goranger!

I feel Enter (Villain) was acting like Loki from The Avengers due for his trickery

And

My reason of why Kamen Rider Wizard fail because they mess up the story! It was supposed to end at episode 51 but they put 2 unnecessary episode like Kamen Riders crossover that really don't have to do with the storyline

If you gonna to make a crossover with Wizard, Producer. Make a MOVIE!!!!!!!!

Well at least go-busters did their best to be like kamen rider and for your information the reason why two extra episodes in kamen rider wizard is because the heisei series is not only celebrating its 15th anniversary but also introduces gaim.
Its ratings and sales are low which is sure to be at least part of the reason that Toei decided Gaim would not follow the format established by other post-Decade Rider series

Yeah good point and it was a good move when it was used in W it used to pay homage to half of the elements of the showa era and my idea of reviving a cyborg theme would be a good homage to the showa era like this one nanobots for example :http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=75646
 
Last edited:
But they didn't even do anything with the spy aspect after the first 4 episodes.

hence my point the series sucked :P



Here I must disagree as I thought she was the worst character in the show. Even the useless trio in the base had more personality than her. Hell, her character was as flat as her chest.:laugh:

comparing her to Blue and Red Buster... I thought she was the most interesting to watch throughout the series. and DON'T remind me of the useless trio LOL what was their point again
 
I have not seen Go-Busters aside from SHW Z, but I have seen Kamen Rido Wizardo, time to defend it! This series had:

-Loads of action, every episode had three or four fight sequences
-The main rider had plenty of attacks so it never got old
-The monsters had actual colors and personalities to them to a sense of distinction, something I never got from pre-Decade heisei rider series save for Faiz, Blade, and Kiva
-The ending was not stupid as hell (Blade)
-The supporting cast was not beyond inept and I bothered remembering their names (milk drinker from Blade going "I ate a puzzle piece oh wait I did not" comes to mind)
-The villains are actually involved from beginning to end not just showing up at the last minute (Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki) or only doing anything at the very end (Kabuto, W)
-The grunts are frequently active not just show up every now and then (Fourze)
-They use every motif and fill up numbers to prevent anything getting left out (Ryuki, Blade)
-The plot was coherent when it was used (Den-O)
-The writing was not horrific (Kabuto)
-The titular kamen rider actually had a major role in every episode instead of just showing up randomly at the end (Agito, Faiz, Kiva)
-No endless betrayals (Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Kabuto)
-The mood did not whiplash endlessly (every rider series after Agito is guilty of this to some extent, but W did it the worst)
-It actually ended (Hibiki, Decade)
-Actually using a motorcycle (Hibiki)

Everything I could want in a rider series Wizard did and it delivered.
 
THe ending was not stupid as hell? And then you compare it to Blade? Yes, the ending was bullshit. Haruto giving up his ring to his child self was just dumb. In fact, the last several episodes ruined the show. The various wizards looked dumb and cheap. You can tell Toei decided to just whip them up on a whim as not thought process was involved with them. Plus, Haruto alread controlled the four elements, why the hell did we need wizards representing each element?

And it does not matter if the villains did stuff throughout the whole show, they were entirely purposeless in the show. They were there to kill time.

As for the supporting cast, I doubt you even watched more than a few episodes of Blade as Amane, Kotaro, and Shiori did far more individually than Koyomi, Shunpei, and Rinko did combined. Hell, Koyomi, who is the MAIN FEMALE LEAD, stayed in the background and was seen for maybe 30 seconds for more than half of the series.

I do not hate Wizard, but I am not afraid to call it out for what it could have done and what it did. And comparing it to Blade is an insult to the entire Kamen Rider franchise. Blade is by far the best KR series to date, Wizard is not even in the top 10.
 
why the hell did we need wizards representing each element?
Specialties of course.
And it does not matter if the villains did stuff throughout the whole show, they were entirely purposeless in the show. They were there to kill time.
They were needed, otherwise Wizard would have nothing to do.
I doubt you even watched more than a few episodes of Blade
No, I watched all of it, it really went down hill after episode 15.
 
Hell, Koyomi, who is the MAIN FEMALE LEAD, stayed in the background and was seen for maybe 30 seconds for more than half of the series.

This is what bugged me about her character. She was supposed to be so central to the story, Haruto's Only Hope, the thing that kept him going, etc. (Let's face it, they were co-dependent and completely obsessed with each other. That's not romantic or inspiring; it's disturbing, and ruined their scenes for me.) So just what made the producer/writer so vastly underestimate how much screen time Koyomi would need? Or were they so determined to get Okunaka on board that they just signed her up and then basically went "blah, whatever, we'll make this work somehow?" They even dropped the aspect of her using the crystal ball and Plamonsters to help Haruto, which at least went some way to making her feel more like a character and less like a plot device.
 
I have not seen Go-Busters aside from SHW Z, but I have seen Kamen Rido Wizardo, time to defend it! This series had:

-Loads of action, every episode had three or four fight sequences
-The main rider had plenty of attacks so it never got old
-The monsters had actual colors and personalities to them to a sense of distinction, something I never got from pre-Decade heisei rider series save for Faiz, Blade, and Kiva
-The ending was not stupid as hell (Blade)
-The supporting cast was not beyond inept and I bothered remembering their names (milk drinker from Blade going "I ate a puzzle piece oh wait I did not" comes to mind)
-The villains are actually involved from beginning to end not just showing up at the last minute (Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki) or only doing anything at the very end (Kabuto, W)
-The grunts are frequently active not just show up every now and then (Fourze)
-They use every motif and fill up numbers to prevent anything getting left out (Ryuki, Blade)
-The plot was coherent when it was used (Den-O)
-The writing was not horrific (Kabuto)
-The titular kamen rider actually had a major role in every episode instead of just showing up randomly at the end (Agito, Faiz, Kiva)
-No endless betrayals (Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Kabuto)
-The mood did not whiplash endlessly (every rider series after Agito is guilty of this to some extent, but W did it the worst)
-It actually ended (Hibiki, Decade)
-Actually using a motorcycle (Hibiki)

Everything I could want in a rider series Wizard did and it delivered.

-Which always ended in either the Phantom or Wizard running away.
-Which got downgraded to Bind and Big most of the time.
-I'll agree on the designs, but that can't save bad writing.
-The entire cast was pretty much just cardboard "people" who had to be there and barely did anything other than being bad at protecting the Gate.
-The villains, while present, was utterly incompetent and was never allowed to do anything.
-The grunts was just there to give a reason for the Phantom not getting killed and to film Sentai style battles with the four Dragon Styles.
-"Every motif". There's plenty of mythological creatures they could have used.
-The plot was barely present. You can skip 40 episodes and not miss anything.
-It wasn't horrific but Kabuto was still more entertaining because the characters had personality.
-Well that's true. But at the cost of barely any other character got any focus. No one really grew as a "person" from their first appearance to their last.
-No one had any depth to their character or their own agendas so who was there even to betray?
-Didn't whiplash? It had Shunpei fall over his own feet almost every episode.
-Hibiki's story didn't need an end. It's a testament to "The battle is never over". Decade is Decade.
-The bike was barely used. And there's a difference given that Hibiki at the start didn't even know how to ride one (Which he learns later)

But hey, each to their own. Some people adore Den-O, I can't stomach it at all.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top