So Mayu has also joined Section Zero with Rinko, Yuzuru's hanging out with Nitou (Is he journeying with him? Where are his parents), Yamamoto lives happily with his family, Shunpei is an apprentice to Wajima (That should have been the conclusion of his "Am I useful" arc!), and what is Haruto doing? I couldn't get that part.

Sorry, but I'll have to be on Gremlin's side this time.

We spent the last month having Haruto repeating that there should be another way of saving Koyomi without taking people's lives and then he kills Sora, taking away his hope of becoming human, without thinking twice? Isn't he the wizard that protects hope?

I know Sora was a serial killer but, hell, that would actually make Rinko useful for once.

I really didn't like this "finale" (no pun intended), it felt rushed and overall full of bad decisions. I just hope that Decade's cameo adds to the series instead of destroying it (another pun non-intended).

Now, count up your crimes!
Yeeeeaaah. That was a terribly paced fight. These last fights could've been done better.

Blade Adept
You know what would have been handy at a time like this - and in the previous fight against the White Wizard? Having a form that delivers you a seemingly invincible diamond armour chestplate and the ability to move around at blindingly quick speeds without even needing its own ring. Something as broken as that could have easily settled things.

Oh wait.

Is there much I can even say about this finale episode? Explosions and tonnes of flashiness all over my screen, with multiple attempts to (barely) touch an emotional note and - well, there's nothing memorable about any of this. It's the perfect way to end what has been a flashy yet bland show, that's for sure.

Oh boy, now to endure two weeks of WTFery before Gaim properly begins.

I don't ever recall Gremlin changing into his Phantom form by pulling a Joe Gibken. Has he always done that?

Anyway. For a series that had such an explosive, flashy, and impressive beginning, having it end with Haruto quietly exiting the screen is just... I don't know. Out of place, I guess? I haven't yet decided if it's an ending that I actually liked. Compared to W and Fourze for which I would happily gobble up episodes or specials or anything under the sun about them, I'm happy with Wizard ending everything at this point. It's not a show I'll sorely miss, and that makes me sad, somewhat.

...of course, the irony is that we still have two things to look out for, so there's that.

Otaku University Student
So, something that annoyed me is the fact that the other mages have access to Haruto's 'Dragon' rings. Seriously, that not only makes Haruto's rings not seem special anymore, it puts into question Wajima's role as a ring maker - when the White Wizard obviously had spare stock of all the other rings. Why bother with the normal stones? Just send him the rings as they are.

Aronbafon
I'd try to think up an explanation but outside the rings resonate with the gem used to make them which is only plausible if Fueki took chunks of the same gems to give Wajima rings since Haruto's Special ring was made before his Flame Dragon ring. So really there isn't any good reason other than it looks fancy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
Sorry, but I'll have to be on Gremlin's side this time.

We spent the last month having Haruto repeating that there should be another way of saving Koyomi without taking people's lives and then he kills Sora, taking away his hope of becoming human, without thinking twice? Isn't he the wizard that protects hope?

I know Sora was a serial killer but, hell, that would actually make Rinko useful for once.

I really didn't like this "finale" (no pun intended), it felt rushed and overall full of bad decisions. I just hope that Decade's cameo adds to the series instead of destroying it (another pun non-intended).

Gremlin was about to destroy everything though.

And btw the Koyomi ring is named as the Hope Ring.

Gremlin was about to destroy everything though.

And btw the Koyomi ring is named as the Hope Ring.

True, but it is the same thing Fueki did. He also needed magical energy to power up the philosopher stone and grant his wish and yet, with Fueki, Haruto at least tried to come up with another solution rather than just kill Fueki.

With Sora he just didn't gave a damn about his hope (since it didn't involve f-ing Koyomi) and just killed him with the worst excuse ever of "I protect people's hope, but your not a person". It just seems off place.

I think Fourze style of ending would have worked a lot better here. Have Sora achieve his humanity and make him pay for his crimes / repentance (Yes, I did like Fourze's ending, ok?)