Kamen Rider Kiva - Discussion Thread [TVN Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, it has to be JFC (i.e. the Staff member who CANNOT STAND SPOILERS!!!) who ends up seeing this and has to move the damn muthafuckin' thing. :nono:


****, if I knew that Keith wouldn't find out about it I'd be tempted to issue an infraction for it.

:shakefist :eyebrow: :170: :sly: >:( :nooo: >8( :sparta!: :nono2: :noesbueno
 
RAGE AT THE HUGE ASS SPOILERS

ok guys grab your torches and pitchforks!

seriously kageki, i know it was unintentional but that was pretty messed up
 
Not really but it was the swan song nonetheless.

I've been losing interest for quite some time now. IMO the whole 1986 storyline has become more worthwhile than the 2008 storyline, falling into the trap that I was worried it would fall into where one arc shivs the other one. Yes, it's nice that you get two shows to watch but what if one of those shows is crap? It's like Kamen Rider The Next where the interesting bits are choked out by the crap elements.
I agree with this, but I guess I just have a higher tolerance for crap and held out hope that the 2008 story would end up worthwhile, and I think this episode proves that things are finally going down that path that I wanted it to. Sure, it came a little late in the series, but what we finally got is enough to keep me around for a while longer.

I gave up on the supporting cast as well, especially Megumi and Yuri. What really did it was when they finally had a chance to become Ixa after multiple episodes of whining and were "frozen in fear". Sure you can argue the story elements but the whole thing felt too much like a major cop-out. I mean, come on already! Let the poor girl become a Rider for once without dying/failing in the process! Lord knows you've beaten her senseless enough already.
I saw it as a cop out at first, but I guess it does make sense, at least in Yuri's case, I really don't see any reason for Megumi to have been afraid of using IXA. The only members of the supporting cast that I really don't care for are Kengo and whatsherface Shizuka, but Kengo doesn't bother me that much and it seems that Shizuka is gone, so I don't have too many complaints there.

I generally don't drop Kamen Rider series, as it's the one franchsise I feel I can always stick with and I tend to find even the worst shows in the franchise more enjoyable than a lot of other tokusatsu, but for Kiva, finding out what's happened to all the characters in 1986 and finally having a reason to care about the 2008 characters is more than enough to keep me going. Like I said, it seemed almost like Kiva was the bad guy in that little battle they had going, I'm really interested in seeing if that goes anywhere.

I would like explanations for things like Tatsulot or whatever it's called, but if we don't get one, it won't be the end of the world. It seems like the magazines give enough information on them as it stands. Really my only complaint right now is how unimportant Nago seems to have become.
 
RAGE AT THE HUGE ASS SPOILERS

ok guys grab your torches and pitchforks!

seriously kageki, i know it was unintentional but that was pretty messed up

Yeah, no kidding.

Just great, now am the most hated......oh well, taught me to learn how to shut the hell up next time. Hopefully, they're forget that this never happened.
 
So yes, Tatsulot's voice is Bae. I hated its voice last year, and I hate it this year too. Anyway...Emperor Form henshin was awesome.
IMO Tatsulot is not comin out of nowhere, it has probably been awakened from Wataru's rage. When he sees Mio beaten from Bear Fangire, you can see a different Wataru. And I have to say, I thought that an out of control Wataru, with the Kiva [especially in Emperor Form] power, could actually be a threat. In the past Kiva was hoppin mad and made a big mess? Buh, I dunno:-)

[hide]
Yuri finally opens her heart to Otoya, Jiro reveals his true nature to her -she dont seem too shocked btw, and you can see how Jiro, being a monster and all, in the end shows humanity. He realizes he has lost to Otoya, and leave. If he was a 100% monster, he was probably gonna kill both of them. At least, I like to think this is the first step of Jiro to his pact with Otoya. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Mio: as I thought, she's the new Queen, and like is tradition in Kiva, story repeats itself: Otoya and Queen Maya, Wataru and Queen Mio. It will be cool to watch what's gonna happen now that Mio has been awakened -I believe she was like Rook, amnesiac. Next week, Bishop?
[/hide]
 
By the way, you might want to get that mouth cleaned >.>

Oh so is explaining the situations bad for my mouth? I see, but for your info, I have a clean mouth. Maybe you don't, so don't tell others to clean their mouths... Toei doesn't NEED to pull off bike actions for every show... Simplt it's a diffrent writer, and they write whatever they want. If that writer could not pull of some bike actions, then that's their problem. He/She might have point of view that kiva is the type to fight withought a bike. The writers develops the character on how they want him/her to be... So you can't blame them. You either enjoy what you have, or complain in your own world... Seriously a writer writes the character, not you...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top