Banned
These days, there is no reason to care about the highest openings. When a movie that does not have either an IMAX or a 3D version out and the movie becomes the first or second highest opening of all time, then it will be something worthy of praising. Until then, it is meaningless.

I don't think you have any clue as to what you are talking about here.

I don't necessarily agree with him, but what Dr. Kain's point is that IMAX and 3D have more expensive tickets, and thus with the same number of viewings will be expected to gross more than a film without an IMAX/3D release. Of course most high-grossing films nowadays have an IMAX/3D release, so the point is moot.

But then again, comparing gross ticket sales was never meant to be a measure of how good or even popular a movie is across history, but more of a means to estimate early a film's profitability.

D

Dr Kain

I don't think you have any clue as to what you are talking about here.

My theater charges $7.50 for matinee regular movie showings.

They charge $14 for the IMAX 3D showing and $12 for the regular 3D showing. Again, for matinee.

As such, celebrating a movie as being the highest opening of all time is moot these days. Iron Man 3 may be number 2, but then soon something will open that will replace it. Then next summer, another movie will open that will replace that. It is just a cycle that keeps on going.

My point is, when I see a movie that does NOT have an IMAX version, does NOT have a 3D version, and as such, is priced at $7.50 and nothing but $7.50, top Iron Man 3, top Dark of the Moon, top whatever, then I will praise it's achievement.

My theater charges $7.50 for matinee regular movie showings.

They charge $14 for the IMAX 3D showing and $12 for the regular 3D showing. Again, for matinee.

As such, celebrating a movie as being the highest opening of all time is moot these days. Iron Man 3 may be number 2, but then soon something will open that will replace it. Then next summer, another movie will open that will replace that. It is just a cycle that keeps on going.

My point is, when I see a movie that does NOT have an IMAX version, does NOT have a 3D version, and as such, is priced at $7.50 and nothing but $7.50, top Iron Man 3, top Dark of the Moon, top whatever, then I will praise it's achievement.
It's achievement of earning money? You even contracted yourself. You called it just a cycle that keeps on going and then said it was something worth praising. Nobody here said it was worth praising. Nobody said being number 1 in the box office means it's a good movie. Were literally just saying "Look how much money it made". Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time but **** Avatar! Avengers was way better than space Pocahontas. Besides movie ticket prices are constantly rising even before IMAX and 3D so no movie earns it's spot legitimately.

It's morphin time! Dragonzord!
I guess I can do this best in a list so here goes number 1 the mark 42 is a really great armor with the exception that despite being the 42nd armor it still shows unfinished silver parts I understand it the majority of the Iron Man armors are always a work in process but you know the 42nd armor I thought it would have a better color scheme number 2 I love how they can keep a dark tone and still pack more humor than one and twonumber 3 I really don't think the Mandarin is truly dead I think we haven't seen the real Mandarinnumber 4 why don't they explain how to knee Stark became an expert combatant I know he is a boxing ring in his house but that's just boxing I guess you could say Iron Man kata its own fighting style

It's morphin time! Dragonzord!
I guess I can do this best in a list so here goes number 1 the mark 42 is a really great armor with the exception that despite being the 42nd armor it still shows unfinished silver parts I understand it the majority of the Iron Man armors are always a work in process but you know the 42nd armor I thought it would have a better color scheme number 2 I love how they can keep a dark tone and still pack more humor than one and twonumber 3 I really don't think the Mandarin is truly dead I think we haven't seen the real Mandarinnumber 4 why don't they explain how to knee Stark became an expert combatant I know he is a boxing ring in his house but that's just boxing I guess you could say Iron Man kata its own fighting style

I have to apologize for the bad the weird paragraph structure and send mishaps as far as grammar go I was really in a rush when I posted this and I'm still getting used to my phones vocal functions its not a perfect system yet

I have to apologize for the bad the weird paragraph structure and send mishaps as far as grammar go I was really in a rush when I posted this and I'm still getting used to my phones vocal functions its not a perfect system yet
Then type it! Who uses a vocal function to write on a forum?