Do celebrities have a responsibility to be societal role models?

Lustful Butchery

Throwing Some Justice!
Do you feel that celebrities have a moral responsibility to give a good example and be role models in today's society, or no?
 
i don't think so, they are just people like us, only rich and famous. my point is if they do something human (drink,fight,etc.) suddenly they are looked down upon.
 
I wouldnt say they do, but the fact that most of them act like dumb shits most of the time definatly aint a good thing
 
Not really, but I know a celebrity that hasn't done anything that would jeopardize her career. But, other than her, the rest are a big no no to me.
 
Do you feel that celebrities have a moral responsibility to give a good example and be role models in today's society, or no?

I think it could be better on both sides of it really.

I think we need to stop acting as though they all owe us something more than their performances and have no basic right to privacy of any kind because they are rich and famous. It's one thing for the fans or the pap' to try and get pictures of them at a premiere or something. But climbing up into trees outside their homes or digging through their trash is just disgusting. Also why do we care so much what the people who make entertainment are doing when they aren't making it anyway? Sure they may be interesting people in general but celeb' obsession is out of control.

At the same time though I think while maybe they're not obligated to be 100% perfect 24/7 a little basic self-awareness of their own fame and influence, plus a modicum of class would not be too much to ask. Fame and fortune should not be a the freedom to be a total asshead with no real consequences to your actions.

and you know it's a little hard for the young celebs to play the victim card when they go to the club and get smashed in public every night they aren't actually working. Also here's an idea. If you don't want that sex tape to get out, don't film yourself having sex in the first place!

So in a nutshell I just think both the entertainers and the entertained could afford to clean up their act more than a little. But I also don't expect people to stop being human beings either.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top