Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 - Talkback

Forever Knight

Eye See You
So I popped in my Season 8 Motion-Comic Blu-ray and watched the first 4 episodes/issues. Enjoyed them and it's good to have the gang back even if it's in motion comic form. The voice actors also really do a good job of sounding like the actual actors which is shocking.

So Zander is now a watcher, Dawn is a witch in training, Amy is back, and there is a new Government agency (ala The Initiative) that is cause a ruckus for the scooby gang. I'm guessing this series takes place during Angel Season 5 aswell.

A mention of this TWILIGHT guy has also been made.

If you guys like comics and Buffy... then watching this comic motion is totally a MUST.

Has Season 9 began in the comics yet or are there plans to start it?.

MMPR

Read my smart post
I heard the motion comic isn't all of season 8, just the first couple arcs, is that true?

Forever Knight

Eye See You
:O_O:

Right now the guy that had his skin torn off by evil Willow is back with Amy and it's them causing the **** for the group at this point.

I will say I am actually enjoying this, not as much as the actual tv series but this is probally as good as it's gonna get.

Synch

I kind of hate the darkhorse buffy series right now if just because of Spoilers What they are doing with angel right now ...

I also am pissed at them becasuse they took away the angel series from IDW who IMO has been doing a FANTASTIC job with the series ... I took buffy off my list & I won't be reading what ever they do with angel either ....

After all of these years Faith is still fucked.

Twilight makes an appearance.

You are really behind on this series haha! I suggest you read IDWS Angel series though it may make you hate the buffy verse lol!

Last edited:

Forever Knight

Eye See You
You are really behind on this series haha! I suggest you read IDWS Angel series though it may make you hate the buffy verse lol!

Ok so the season is not complete?. It's 19 issues on 2 discs. I figured theywould put "Part 1" or Volume 1 or some **** if it was only a portion of the season.

Season 9 is being made shortly after season 8 finishes

So Season 8 is still in progress?.

S

scikaiju

I looked it up the other day out of curosity, season 8 apparently ends this month with issue 40. Know if season 9 start with issue 41 or a brand new #1 I have no idea.

Synch

IDWs angel is far better than DH buffy season 8 ... Granted it had some things I liked in it though & some things I didn't ... Much more dislike than like ...

Tom Constantine

Chief HJU News Editor
I didn't really care for the Angel one, I couldn't really enjoy the abstract setting of them being in... hell I guess? Plus the story was jumping all over the place at the time.

Forever Knight

Eye See You
What? God no. What the hell made you think of that?

That's the only thing I can think of that "get's worse".

I'm just trying to figure out why my Blu-ray of this season doesn't say Part 1 or something.... It lead me to believe these 19 issues are the complete season. :mad:

I wouldn't mind seeing an Angel Season 6 motion comic Blu-ray in the future.

Icefish

Uh huh. Well, if THAT's your definition of worse, then I suppose it'll get better...or be more of the same.

Don't ask me about the Blu-ray though. Maybe they weren't planning on doing the rest?

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts