The new Tendou Souji
Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum; it's not toku so, I figured this would be okay...

But yeah, I figured it's time I sat my butt down and started watching this show and I have to say... this is what Inoue should have sat down to watch before making Kiva. There's more a sense of dread and terror in the 2 episodes I've seen so far than any of what I've seen of Kiva (that being the TV show, the deleted scenes and the HBV stuff).

I'm also surprised that I'm not hating the school stuff so far; considering I can't stand crap like Mean Girls (Yes, I've sadly seen part of that flick. :x), this and Fourze seem to be working out okay for me, in that regard.

Read my smart post
Dude! Is it your first time watching the show? Buffy is EPIC. Season 1 had a lot of fun stand alone episodes, but season 2 is where the show starts really getting good

I won't spoil anything for you, but watch Angel (the spin-off) because Cordelia Chase is the best character in the Buffyverse, IMO

The new Tendou Souji
I won't spoil anything for you, but watch Angel (the spin-off)

I plan to!

Episode 3's first five minutes were a little meh (as in - I could've done without the cheerleader performance but, the rest of it was great. Giles ranting about said team sport was hilarious!) but, it turned out to be another really good ep.

A solid first three episodes.

Episode 4
Well um, at first I was thinking at first that the MotW would end up similar to this but no, they had to go with something much lamer. (Now, I'm not saying they should've used the pop star thing or that design but, the general theme would've been better imo).

I do like how they did the bug suit and had it move around, that was neat to see.

Read my smart post
Keep this thread alive, I want to hear your thoughts

The first season ran on a small budget, so the sets and monsters aren't the greatest, but season 2 is where they start getting creative and get the budget to do more ambitious monsters. What are your thoughts on The Master?

Trust me though, stay the hell away from spoilers. There is so much story in Buffy and Angel, it's insane. You think you know what's happening...but you don't, Joss is a twisted mother fucker who does things just to screw with people lol

Banned
If you can, when you get to Buffy Season 4 start watching Angel season 1 at the same time.

The new Tendou Souji
What are your thoughts on The Master?

I feel like I've been saying this a lot but, I like him. He has a certain flair to him that while I don't want him to win (for obvious reasons), he's fun to see on-screen.

Joss is a twisted mother fucker who does things just to screw with people lol

Oh god, if the first few episodes are anything to go by then, I'm in for a really good ride, aren't I?

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Yeah, Buffy villains seem to have that whole love-hate thing in perfect harmony. The only ones I really think didn't make it were season four's (who was interesting and smart as hell, but not likeable at all.) And season six's, which was the exact opposite. They were too lovable & not at all threatening (by design of course, but some people still didn't like.) Both had amazing finales though- the two best in the series, I think, surprisingly)

And, yeah, Joss Whedon just enjoys being unconventional too much.:laugh: I love the commentary on episode one where he said he wanted to put in Xander's friend who dies in the credits to mess with people, but wasn't able to get it. He said he later did it with a character in Angel's premiere and everyone got pissed at him.:laugh::laugh:

Personally, though, I didn't like what I saw of Angel too much. I don't know if I found the Buffy humor out of place in a darker show, or if it was just because a 90s vampire homage show, Moonlight, ruined it for me (did roughly the same situation & a bit better, as far as I'n concerned.)

Oh, and I'm sure you'll enjoy disc two- you got a couple really emotional episodes coming up, as well as one of the funniest in season one.

The new Tendou Souji
Ok so, you know how during Double, we got episodes 37-38 and they were all full of plot and stuff and regardless of how you felt about the Wakana twist, it was still full of plot and stuff; then, we got the Gene arc which most people would want to forget?

That's what 5-6 felt like to me; 5 was really good with a great twist at the end (I will say though that when I saw it, I audibly joked "Oh no, it's the Arch Orphenoch again! Run!" :laugh:) while 6 ended up okay but, started horribly. I couldn't bring myself to care about the random Kusaka quartet that was being placed in front of me nor when Xander joined it.

Read my smart post
^^ Episode 7 "Angel" is next, if you managed to stay away from spoilers it should have a pretty crazy twist. It's one of the more emotional episodes, and definitely not a stand alone like the others have been