2014 Sentai: Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger - News/Rumor Thread

Well as long as no one is Hiromu, I don't really mind the re-using. Let's just get a "Best of Kobayashi-Character-Templates" show. :laugh:

This, but the problem wirh Hiromu wasn't just the character, Katsuhiro Suzuki is a freaking terrible, expressionless actor with no presence.
I watched the drama "Limit' recently, and Jesus, even as a supporting actor he's unbearable. Everyone else in the cast overshadows him...and to think they picked this guy for a Red.

Utsunomiya left something to be desired producing Wizard, but maybe he's just better cut out for Sentai.
 
Another Ryuuji isn't that bad since he wasn't exactly arrogant, just the "Big Brother" of the team.

He was stuck-up and thought that he was always right - and was always portrayed as being the smartest and wisest, since Kobayashi favoured him. If he learned in an episode not to misjudge others, by the next episode he'd revert straight back to type, and the show would still tell us he was in the right. That's why I never liked him, and unfortunately, I get the nasty feeling of Yellow being another him (or Mako, or Airi, who are the same character type.) Why not give us another Kotoha/Hina? They were "reliable", and I loved them :(
 
Since Utsunomiya's producing, it's probably possible they'd bring Urasawa as the secondary writer? That'd be a year to behold, although I had hoped they'd get him for the main writer.
 
He was stuck-up and thought that he was always right - and was always portrayed as being the smartest and wisest, since Kobayashi favoured him. If he learned in an episode not to misjudge others, by the next episode he'd revert straight back to type, and the show would still tell us he was in the right. That's why I never liked him, and unfortunately, I get the nasty feeling of Yellow being another him (or Mako, or Airi, who are the same character type.) Why not give us another Kotoha/Hina? They were "reliable", and I loved them :(

The condescending Ryuuji annoyed me to no end too, but why do you think that would be Yellow? That seems more fitting for the new Blue or Green. Tokkyu 3 is a martial artist, so i think she might be 'battle-reliable" like Luka. If she's a wisegirl, then we have three characters potentially overlapping, although i certainly hope none of them are a Ryuuji.

In any case, as far as we know the producer plays a strong role creating the characters, so i doubt we'll see much Go-buster rehash here.
 
There's having an opinion and then there's being obnoxious about it.

C'mon, it was just an exaggeration. As much as I dislike Go-busters, there's still a ton of crew on that show I do like, so I obviously wouldn't want them to be banned from making toku.

I'm just disappointed that it's Kobayashi is all. I really didn't think they'd use her for Sentai for a while after Go-busters. (And, yeah, I like Gingaman and Shinkenger, but I've never been the biggest fan of her work, I think she's done more disappointing stuff than good, so I kind of sigh when I see her name pop up in a new show's staff reveal.)

My guess was Komura as main writer. She handled so much Gokaiger, she did so much Wizard that Utsunomiya named her joint main writer, so I thought she would have been a candidate.
 
The condescending Ryuuji annoyed me to no end too, but why do you think that would be Yellow? That seems more fitting for the new Blue or Green. Tokkyu 3 is a martial artist, so i think she might be 'battle-reliable" like Luka. If she's a wisegirl, then we have three characters potentially overlapping, although i certainly hope none of them are a Ryuuji.

In any case, as far as we know the producer plays a strong role creating the characters, so i doubt we'll see much Go-buster rehash here.

She re-uses the same types in everything, regardless of producer, although I enjoyed most of the Busters cast save for Ryuuji. I suspected it of Yellow because as seen with Mako and Airi, it's a character type she seems to like for the main female character of her show - but in fairness, Airi would not have ended up as the female lead if not for Hana's departure

I wouldn't mind a Yellow who was a Satonaka-esque type in battle although obviously without the bit where Satonaka wouldn't lift a finger unless being paid :laugh:
 
I haven't been too keen on the last few tokusatsu Kobayashi has been involved in as head writer, but I've really enjoyed Ryuki, Den-O and Shinkenger so I can still give her a pass. That, and considering that most of the staff behind this was also behind the latter, I think I can start getting a little amped for the show. Even if the suits still look unimpressive and the color-swapping sounds, as of right now, completely pointless.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top