A new teaser trailer has been released for the upcoming anime 'Garo: Guren no Tsuki'. ('Garo: Crimson Moon')

[video=youtube;U-p7Zu8JbD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=90&v=U-p7Zu8JbD0[/video]​

Translation provided by Anime News Network:
Text: A blossoming capital of aristocratic culture replete with dazzling beauty: Heian-kyō (the former name for Kyoto)
Text: But on the dark side of that majesty.
Text: There lurk creatures called "Horrors" that feed on people's Inga.
Seimei: The mononoke are phantoms who reveal people's hearts, but when mixed with phantoms, they become creatures that eat humans.
Voice: Are you saying it's because of the Horrors?
Text: One who destroys Horrors in the world of darkness: Makai Knights.
Raikō: There is an armor made to hunt those in the darkness. The ones who wear that armor and fight are called Makai Knights.
Raikō: I will definitely not forgive those who exploit the weakness of people's hearts.
Text: Only the one who can summon the golden armor from within him...
Text: ...earn the title of "Garo."
Raikō: I will cut off your Inga.
Text: Original creator: Keita Amemiya
Text: Director: Atsushi Wakabayashi
Text: Character designer: Masakazu Katsura
Text: Production: MAPPA, Tôhoku Shinsha
Logo and Narrator: Garo -Guren no Tsuki-
Raikō: I was once dwelled in the darkness. That is why I seek out the light, fiercer than anyone.

Raikō is the name of the holder of the Garo title in this latest series. They've also announced today that he will be voiced by none other than Masei Nakayama, the actor who played Raiga, the holder of the Garo title in the fourth live action series Garo: Flower of Makai (and the son of Kouga from the original series).

Wasn't there a movie starring Raiga that was in the works? Has there been any news on that?

I'm guessing we'll find out next month. If anything, I think we'll get a trailer or something.

The last couple of years have had the big conference in November where they announce new Garo-related goodness, new shows, movies etc. I think that's when we'll find out what's going on. I'm gonna make a prediction - We won't just get the Raiga movie. Season 6 will be a full-blown season with Raiga.

If that's true then I suppose that each Garo cast will get two seasons: Kouga and Co. had 1 and 2, Ryuga and Co. 3 and 5, and Raiga and Co. 4 and 6.

I also wonder if they'll continue with these two time periods (1-2-4 and 3-5) or stop one to focus on the other. Or even bridge the two directly.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Amemiya's interview with Tokusatsunetwork hinted that he'd like to do more with the YamiTera/Gold Storm world, although maybe he was just thinking of more movies. Although I guess a third season could be possible given that we now get Garo shows more regularly, whereas there were five years between the first two series

I do wonder how a follow-up to Makai no Hana would work, as it would have to drag out the "searching for Kouga and Kaoru" plot for another 20+ episodes ...

Unless that's what the Raiga movie is about, and the subsequent show is about something else. I'm sure Mika Hijii (Kaoru) would be available for at least a cameo, given how she had a guest appearance in Shougeki Gouraigan. I don't know how Ryosei Konishi's (Kouga) schedule would be.

Garo tends to have a great track record with getting people back though. If everyone needed is free, I think they'd all do it.

It bugs me the way some things were done in Makai no Hana, with regards to what happened to Kouga and the fact he willingly gave up the armor to allow Raiga to become the next Garo. Rather than be a simple Raiga origin explanation, it just created more questions than it answered. Why would Kouga willingly do that? If Kouga shows up again, what happens then? Does he take the armor back from Raiga? Does Raiga take on another Knight's title? I'm usually not for having to tie up everything like that, something there felt deliberate in saying Kouga's still alive. That said, I think I'd have been happier if Kouga died off-screen. As far as I'm concerned, Soukoku no Maryu was pretty much the ending to his story anyway.

Having watched the Goldstorm movie last night, I'd actually be happier forgoing a proper TV series in favour of a couple of movies, with better production values associated with being a movie. I adored Goldstorm as a TV show, but something about the movie just made it feel more special, at least visually. It looked so cool.

This is mildly Garo related. I came across one of Hiroko Sato (Enhou) blog entries. I ran it through a translator but it wasn't very effective. Is she talking about a nephew? Or did she become a mother?

http://ameblo.jp/sato-hiroko/entry2-12078903436.html#comment_module

I'm kind of surprised if it's the latter. She never made mention of a boyfriend or fiance. And I don't know how much of a stigma there is in Japan to just blatantly put out there that you're an unmarried parent.