Oh hey, Garo isn't a dead franchise after all! I just hope it's better than the Jinga series and Versus Road, which were both pretty awful. Hopefully there's a bit more in-suit action this time than was typical from previous entries in the Ryuga continuity.

Why the **** do they keep bringing Ryuga back? Why not create a new character or bring Raiga back?

In fact, whatever happened to the Kouga Raiga movie? Did it ever come out?

In fact, whatever happened to the Kouga Raiga movie? Did it ever come out?

Do you mean Moonbow Traveller? That came out four years ago!
(at least in cinemas - we were into the 2020 lockdowns by the time the fansubs of the DVD came out).

Without giving too much away, it seemed to me like a last hurrah for the original continuity. Not that it includes any kind of definitive end that would prevent them doing more. It just had that kind of feel IMO.

Last edited:
For everyone's reference, the first episode of the new series has been officially posted onto youtube. It does have an English subtitle option, but it appears to be a machine translation (with all the dubiousness that entails).

I tried to watch the first episode, but it gave me a headache. Why does it look so clean? Where is the gritty, grainy feel of a Garo series? Also, yet again the armor was relagated to like 10 seconds. At least the Horror Ryuga fought looked cool.