Fangtaku
They're smart, doing YamiTera before this one. We know now that the Saejima family somehow loses the armor. So it's piqued interest for any series set between Makai Senki and YamiTera, because it might be "the one" to tell us how that happens.

Also, Kobayashi has a number of anime writing credits under her belt already, it's smart having someone who does both Toku and anime do the GARO anime. Most recent anime credit? Attack on Titan.

A new anime [No Title] planned and written by Yasuko Kobayashi. (Supposively CGI)
*tears start flowing down face* Oh...my...god...thank you...Finally a Den-OxGaro crossover. Just like we've all wanted!

Ah crap wait! Now I have to find out what those books were about!

Last edited:

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Whoa, isn't that Thane Camus in the Zero movie preview?

From trailers analysis:

For Makai no Hana we have at least two new knights, Kurou and an older one who shows up just in the background

For Black Blood we have a possibly a female knight (she is using a sword, and her coat seems to me more "knight-like"), another dude whos coat actually is VERY SIMILAR to Kurou from makai no hana (although is a differente actor), and presumably the bad guy, the western one whos sword is shown just for a few frames in front of rei, that sword has a motif that reminds me of Ouga the secret knight from makai kessen

Silver Giant
From trailers analysis:

For Black Blood we have a possibly a female knight (she is using a sword, and her coat seems to me more "knight-like"), another dude whos coat actually is VERY SIMILAR to Kurou from makai no hana (although is a differente actor), and presumably the bad guy, the western one whos sword is shown just for a few frames in front of rei, that sword has a motif that reminds me of Ouga the secret knight from makai kessen

gurlz can't makai knight.
Oh also, pretty excited about this! More Garo is always good?
Garo Anime? I'm in.

Wow, I wasn't expecting all these Garo announcements :O_O:.

But all these announcements sound awesome :thumbs:.

Makai No Hana looks and sounds like exactly what I expected and wanted YamiTera to be. So I'm definitely excited for it. I hope Raigo is able to stand out as his own character and not just be like Kouga. I'm also very interested to see if this series will chronicle the Garo Armor losing its shine so as to tie in to YamiTera.

The Zero movie is also looking pretty great!

I'm usually really happy to hear about a new Garo movie, but somehow I just can't bring myself to be as excited for a new adventure with Ryuga :sweat:.

As someone who personally enjoyed YamiTera to a decent degree, I'll hope the movie doesn't suffer from the same problems I had with the series. Though I guess it'd be too much to hope for the movie to use actual Suits :redface2:.

A Garo anime was the biggest surprise, though Kobayashi doing it isn't. She has a lot of decent anime credits and has worked on Garo before. I'll definitely be looking forward to more news about this. Y'know, I've always thought the Jojo approach to storytelling could work well for Garo. Like have multiple series' that chronicle the adventures of the Saejima line and the various men who who have wielded the Garo Armor. Just a thought :anime:.

Jam Project is going to be very busy in the coming months :)

Disappear into light!!
I for one don't really care whether they touch upon the Garo lost shine subject in "Makai no Hana". If they do and deliver a better explanation for it(then again, anything is better than simply spouting expository lines about it), then good. But I don't expect them to.

Y'know, I've always thought the Jojo approach to storytelling could work well for Garo. Like have multiple series' that chronicle the adventures of the Saejima line and the various men who who have wielded the Garo Armor. Just a thought :anime:.

Other than different personalities, one other thing separates the Joestars. Their vastly different power sets. Makai Knights are very limited to weapon-slinging, with the only difference between them being their fighting styles.

For a JoJo style "down the generations" storytelling to work in Garo, each generation will have to bring something very different and remarkable to the table because they already have a critical limitation.