I've been following her off and on since I first saw her in Ryukendo. This really was out of the blue to me and, I must confess, conflicted with the image I had of her. I hope things turn out better for her and the child eventually.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I've been following her off and on since I first saw her in Ryukendo. This really was out of the blue to me and, I must confess, conflicted with the image I had of her. I hope things turn out better for her and the child eventually.

Yep, she's a single mother. There is quite a bit of stigma against it in Japan (like how GokaiRed's actor got negative publicity last year when the press found out he has a child with an ex; he was dating "Shokotan" at the time so that made the gossip bigger) but Sato's probably fine. She's not super high-profile and evidently her agency isn't strict about performers' private lives. A couple of the blog comments say that being a single mom is tough, but they're all supportive

Well the annual Garo thanksgiving event has happened, which means more Garo news!

First up, the project you've already heard about: The first trailer for the movie "Garo: Divine Flame", which is based upon the first Garo anime series.

[video=youtube;OQh-qscHBMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQh-qscHBMU[/video]​

Next up, the news you hadn't heard about before today:

Sixth Live Action Series:- "Garo Makai Retsudan". Retsudan means "biographies" and apparently the series will feature characters from previous Garo series, though no hint was given to any of their identities.

Also they've announced that Ray Fujita is returning to star in a new Zero series.

Sources

It was announced via a letter from Ryosei Konishi (Kouga) read out at the event that he has a serious illness which is why he wasn't there in person. I hope it's treatable :disappoin

There was no more news of the Raiga movie that was announced last year

I've heard a few things about Ryosei Konishi's health today. Does anyone have a translation of the letter that was apparently read out?

If he really is ill, hope he gets well soon.

Kinda intrigued about that "Makai Retsudan" though. When I first saw that title, I thought it was gonna be like a clip show thing, like how Ultraman has Shin Restuden. If this is a series of stories about the various characters in the Garo mythos, this could be pretty cool.

And of course, more than happy to be getting more Zero, even if Black Blood wasn't the best (Would have preferred a few standalone episodes like his solo episodes in Makai Senki to break up the Ring story a little, which didn't need six episodes), Rei Suzumura is a great character.

Mika Hijii (Kaoru), Mary Matsuyama (Rekka), Yasue Saito (Jabi) and Shouma Yamamoto (DAN/Tsubasa) were all there from the first 2 series - don't know if Leo's actor was too? So any or all of them might be in Retsuden

I don't have a translation of the letter but it's definitely real - Amemiya acknowledged it on his Twitter and says he hopes that fans will continue to support the franchise

Kinda intrigued about that "Makai Retsudan" though. When I first saw that title, I thought it was gonna be like a clip show thing, like how Ultraman has Shin Restuden. If this is a series of stories about the various characters in the Garo mythos, this could be pretty cool.

A bunch of side stories, perhaps? Though I don't know how that could stretched out across a whole season.

And of course, more than happy to be getting more Zero, even if Black Blood wasn't the best (Would have preferred a few standalone episodes like his solo episodes in Makai Senki to break up the Ring story a little, which didn't need six episodes), Rei Suzumura is a great character.

Black Blood was released as a full movie too, though. (Deathly Hallows style, anyway.)

Black Blood was released as a full movie too, though. (Deathly Hallows style, anyway.)
Watching it as a mini-series, you can tell it was intended to be two movies and they've just chopped each of them into thirds. The pacing is all over the place as episodes...and tbh it was probably one movie's worth of story padded out to two anyway. Black Blood really was right in the middle of the franchise's drop in quality. It'd be nice to get a decent story with the character though.

A bunch of side stories, perhaps? Though I don't know how that could stretched out across a whole season.

It's probably a miniseries? Looks like the ZERO show is going to be the full-length TV series this year. I think there are enough characters from the original GARO/Makai Senki to get a few episodes of side stories (or origin stories, since it's titled "Biographies") out of them. Even without Kouga, there's Kaoru, Gonza, Kouga's father, Jabi, Rekka, DAN and his sister, Leo and Sigma, BARON ...

Although, different sites are saying that the ZERO series is either a follow-up to Black Blood or a re-telling of Black Blood? I seriously hope it's the former. We've already seen Black Blood ...