HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
toqger1500.jpg

After it is revealed that Mio has the weakest Imagination of the group, they try to teach her how to improve her Imagination. However, the appearance of Hammer Shadow and the strange creature Mikey complicate plans.

Lurker
rslkjF6.jpg

2 more episodes to see those orange costume, yeiy :thumbs:​

though Gritta ↔ Schwartz's relationship advances to the new stage

while Gritta "eat" those "Schwartz imagination version", in countermeasure

Schwartz saves Hammer shadow (as Gritta's MOTW) from being destroyed at the end of episode makes me wonder how this 2 person will turn the throne like hell

so in the next episode, the conductor receive the applichanger+build ressha

i assume the 6th will be debut as usual in episode 17 while the team will be approving him to join the team (because he's a monster apparently) in episode 18 (ala Shinkenger)

An alright episode. Definitely interesting to see Mio was hiding her imagination with Mikey. Mikey himself was alright, kinda cute but annoying as well. The character interactions in this episode were also fun and the action was good.

Schwarz is making his moves and at least Grita was doing something a little different this episode. Overall, not bad but waiting on ToQ6.

always henshining'
can't blame people for ignoring this show while Gaim gets all the glory, it is god damn awful :sweat:
boring episode again.

can't blame people for ignoring this show while Gaim gets all the glory, it is god damn awful :sweat:
boring episode again.
Lol if the quality of the show was an indicator of the amount it was talked about here, I wouldn't be watching the Garo franchise's return to top form every week and then wondering if it was really worth bothering to make an episode thread for it or not.

ToQger does make me realise just how different Kyoryuger was. This feels very "by the numbers" by comparison. It also doesn't really feel like it's started to build momentum yet, as if it's yet to properly start, even though we've now entered the second quarter. Having said that, I still watch it every week. It's fun fluff - a nice way to spend 25 minutes but (as of yet) not something I'm likely to remember for very long afterwards. But I wouldn't call it "god damn awful" just yet. There's certainly Sentai that have bored or annoyed me more than this one.

always henshining'
Lol if the quality of the show was an indicator of the amount it was talked about here, I wouldn't be watching the Garo franchise's return to top form every week and then wondering if it was really worth bothering to make an episode thread for it or not.

ToQger does make me realise just how different Kyoryuger was. This feels very "by the numbers" by comparison. It also doesn't really feel like it's started to build momentum yet, as if it's yet to properly start, even though we've now entered the second quarter. Having said that, I still watch it every week. It's fun fluff - a nice way to spend 25 minutes but (as of yet) not something I'm likely to remember for very long afterwards. But I wouldn't call it "god damn awful" just yet. There's certainly Sentai that have bored or annoyed me more than this one.

but adult shows like Garo always had slower discussions. Sentai being almost ignored and completely sidelined by its Rider counterpart isn't something we see every year, it is kind of sad.
i agree though when you say it lacks momentum. i can't shrug off the thought the show isn't really trying, but checking boxes instead. it is going nowhere and the cast of characters isn't great so i can't help but feel bored.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
So is it a running gag that Kagura will always end up hanging from somewhere in the middle of a fight??

but adult shows like Garo always had slower discussions. Sentai being almost ignored and completely sidelined by its Rider counterpart isn't something we see every year, it is kind of sad.
i agree though when you say it lacks momentum. i can't shrug off the thought the show isn't really trying, but checking boxes instead. it is going nowhere and the cast of characters isn't great so i can't help but feel bored.

"By the numbers" is a good way to describe the show. Same with 'checking boxes', like "The rangers change colors because Bandai gave us a gimmick, we have a girly pink and a tomboy yellow because there's always a girly girl and a tomboy, monsters grow because they always grow in Sentai, the villains squabble because they're villains, they find the Police Ressha because the toy comes out this week" blah blah blah.

It's not like the episodes are terrible but there's hardly anything for us to discuss! We can spend all our time repeating "I wonder what Scwartz is going to do" but we still have nothing to really work with. It really feels like there's no real story to it yet. It's just going through the motions. I'm hoping ToQ6 will change things and give the show momentum, but I can totally imagine it going down in a super generic way as well.

For what it's worth I rather enjoy the cast.

ToQ 15:

- Imagination is not the Force!! Stop treating it like it is!

- How do they know that pent up imagination will lead to a big explosion? Why would they even arrive at such a conclusion?

- I like how Mio and Maiki hang out in a trolley yard.

- Kagura lying on the ground while Mio whacks a Kuro :laugh:

- Maiki getting hit by the hammer... that came off more funny than sad.

ToQ 15:

- Imagination is not the Force!! Stop treating it like it is!

- How do they know that pent up imagination will lead to a big explosion? Why would they even arrive at such a conclusion?
(Black Fang not being imaginative enough to imagine how imagination works.)
Do you even golf bro?

How about they just imagine the Shadow Line disappearing? Or do they not have enough Imagination Energy to do that?