Would you know about or be into Tokusatsu without the adaptations?

Most likely. While I would have missed growing up on Power Rangers, I still have a big anime background :laugh: And that's probably how I would squeeze into the fandom :P Sure, the way I would have gotten into the Japanese fandom would've changed (I got into it by searching "Japanese Power Rangers" on youtube), but I feel like anime would have drawn me in (if it was subbed at all)
 
Yes, but it probably would have taken a bit longer, I was already a Godzilla fan and I loved Ultraman :Towards the Future.
 
Coming from a country where both source and adaptations are shown on tv, nope, not really. Although, knowledge on one side of the coin led to knowing stuff about the other, like originally not knowing that the usage of "Ranger" came from Sentai and not knowing about past Sentai despite watching Jetman, lol.
 
I doubt I would have without Power Rangers. I was at that golden age that it really appealed to when it came out, and even when I stopped watching it, it still sort of interested me, I just didn't have time to keep up with it. I was actually searching youtube for episodes when I found a fan-made music video about Sentai. That's when I started watching Japanese toku.
 
Probably not. I grew up with Power Rangers, completely unaware that it used Japanese footage, until getting the internet in 1999. Saw pictures of Zonette, Shiborena, and Shelinda, became curious about them, and that lead me to buy tapes of Gingaman in 2000.
 
I doubt I would have stumbled upon toku without seeing Power Rangers. I loved the original PR when I was a kid and when I heard about Samurai coming out I started doing some research into the source material and here I am. :anime:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top