On Animated Adaptations of Tokusatsu

^ Well, that's more of a technicality issue. The costume designs and such can still be replicated in animated form, no?

Edit: the post I replied to disappeared...
 
Last edited:
The title of the thread says "animated adaptions of tokusatsu" that pretty much implies to me either animated adaptations of particular works or of using ideas common in tokusatsu in an animated form. Nobody is saying that animation is tokusatsu or vice versa.
 
I always felt that Cashern had that vibe...that it could have been a live action series (though that movie gave me a headache...). The plot points of many shows translate well from either media. I mean I could see Ryuki getting the animated treatment big time...but then you look at Agito and I think THAT series animated would actually have lessened its impact. Faiz animated would have worked...but Kabuto was much cooler live. Perhaps something original or even an updating of an older series I'd be interested in.
Though a better use would be more of a continuation of an older series. The afformentioned Faiz...that had so many open threads I was surprised we never got a follow up (I suppose Den-O ate the budget), so why not finish that story? Or even re-do Hibikki the way it was intended?
 
The original Casshern aired around the same time the original Kamen Rider was really taking off, so you definitely see the same cultural zeitgeist reflected in them.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top