Unpopular Opinions In Tokufandom

You have me at a disadvantage, as Hibiki is the only Heisei Rider I've never seen ANY of. I'm expecting to like Hibiki less now, I confess, but what you're talking about and what I'm talking about still sounds like two different things. That, or Asumu DOES help the hero in some meaningful way and you're overlooking it, but I doubt that.

Either way, I can't argue this one without knowing more, though if the character that can't fight is the main character, you've probably organized your story in such a way so he ISN'T useless. I hope so, or man Hibiki will be way down on the list for me.

So I asked it kind of indirectly before, but I'd like to ask more directly. What exactly are you implying when you say "useless"? Are you using it to mean "... and so you should not be in the show at all?" or more like "... and so the camera shouldn't be pointed at you very often?" or what?

What about a character who spends most of the series not fighting or having a plot-relevant skill, but is regularly foreshadowed as being (and later is) extremely necessary in the late or final episodes?
 
Sums up Tendou.

...No....it doesn't. The man was a lot of things. Selfish was not one of them. A dick? Sure. An asshole? Depends on the episode. Selfish? Nahhh...

I don't think a show's main character necessarily has to be a hero, or even very good at being a hero. The main character does have to make sense as a person, though.

Certainly not. You're certainly welcome to tell a story about whatever you like. It's YOUR story. Somewhere along the line people pretended like my unpopular opinion was an unpopular fact. That, or, I'm not allowed to have my opinion, which would be strange given how many people got away with saying "I love Decade".

What about a character who spends most of the series not fighting or having a plot-relevant skill, but is regularly foreshadowed as being (and later is) extremely necessary in the late or final episodes?

Obviously that's something that would have to be sussed out as the series approaches its finale, but yes, the basic idea I'm stressing is that character's should have a point to the story beyond just "comic relief" or "grounds the hero" or anything else generic that could easily be accomplished by a character that DOES have a plot-relevant skill. So if it turns out the story NEEDS that character for the story to be told at all, then that's fine.
 
kuuga dont get me wrong its a nice series but too much gayness between godai and ichigou.

ryuki its had a slow start but i hated the ending why have the main character die before the last ep and why couldnt ryuga be a different character like dark kiva instead of being a clone.

hibiki-nuff said
 
Hibiki is the finest example of how polarized the toku fandom is, some want action, epic plotlines and focus on the rider, others want depth and character development :anime:
 
Here's one that's been bugging me for a long while:

Older Sentai series are not actually more serious or mature than Modern Sentai.

They're just childish in different ways.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top