What is your unpopular opinions? my favorite toku series is Ninninger and Liveman

Kamen Rider Decade might not be good, but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out it be. Could be better, but still not that bad.

There was already a thread on this back in the day (here). But then again, it's riddled with posts I made years ago where I really needed to chill out about things that don't really matter, so maybe it should stay forgotten :confused:

But to bring up a few:

I really liked Den-O and Black RX, two seasons that seem to get a lot of hate. On the other hand, I really did not enjoy Agito. It's not quite my least-favorite Rider series (Faiz and the second season of Amazons immediately come to mind as being worse) but it seems to be a lot of fans' favorite season and it's nowhere near that for me.

Foundation X were rubbish in Double and I disliked all the attempts to bring them back.

Kyoryuger is the only toku series that has given me the same beyond-excited feeling that I had watching MMPR as a little kid, so for that alone it's my favorite Sentai.

When I was first getting into toku, it seemed like everyone hated Magi Pink and Deka Pink, but I thought they were front-runners for best members of their respective teams. Similarly, people seemed to despise Gosei Red but I thought he was interesting too, if not a favorite.

I thought Kikaider was pretty crap tbh and yet somehow it spawned a (minor) franchise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kamen Rider Decade might not be good, but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out it be. Could be better, but still not that bad.
I always say that Decade was a great "shop window" for showing off the previous Riders' suits and powers. Some great music and great fights too. One of the best opening episodes to a Rider series. I even think the plot works quite well as they go through the initial nine worlds, even if it does go to pieces afterwards. Oh, and it's World of Amazon is better than either the original Showa Amazon or recent Amazons TV series.

D

Dr Kain

The only reason Foundation X is rubbish in W is because nothing came out of the plotline in the long run. Toei once again got scared of trying something new and went right back to their safe place.

They spent most of the series developing Museum, an evil organization that operates by giving Gaia Memories to random people in a manner resembling drug deals, only to then replace them with Foundation X...an evil organization that operates by giving Gaia Memories to random people in a manner resembling drug deals. Replacing your villains with new ones that are functionally the same. It's like the Natives from Kabuto all over again.

It didn't help that their main on-screen representative was the Utopia Dopant, a character who was both barely any more relevant than a standard monster-of-the-week and quite spectacularly wooden.

It seems like a lot of fans wanted them to come back in subsequent seasons so that they could be the new Shocker...but we already have Shocker. Why would we need two of them?

You know, I'd say that Captain Shark should probably be in here, but he'd never set foot in a thread like this. He thinks his misguided opinions are "the truth". :p

I've always thought Den-O's TV series was great, but the tons of movies and crossovers after the show's end are completely unnecessary, and the main reason why people are tired of Den-O.
I also didn't enjoy Agito the first time around either. (wasn't until a second watching with better subs that I began to really enjoy it) I was also a big fan of Faiz. Seems like back in the early Heisei days, the big popular three were Blade, Faiz, and Agito. Chances are, many people discovered Kamen Rider through one of these.
Your feelings on Kyoryuger? Same.
Really?! :eek: People hate Magi Pink and Deka Pink?! .... I don't see why. (Also, never hated Gosei Red. Wasn't exactly hyped about him, but then again, the entire was just kind of bland. Not terrible, but not horrible either. Just middle of the road.)
Decade is best enjoyed if you're familiar with Multiverse theory/tropes, and therefore expect changes going in to it. And coincidentally, I agree that some parallel worlds were better than their original! Because you mentioned it, World of Amazon was interested despite the weak actor they got for him, but I would pay money to see World of Kabuto as a full show!

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
More like I finally got off time from work and yesterday marathoned Raideen The Superior (cool anime but the last ten eps really shoulda been chopped down) while simultaneously watching Jushin Liger and Star Gunman Bismarck as well as stuff I've been watching this season (Price of Smiles, W'z, and Pastel Memories). With all that out of the way time for me to post where I rank things in various franchises.

Godzilla movies (nothing ranked lower than 3/10):
Godzilla vs. Biollante
Invasion of The Astro Monster
Godzilla 1985
Ghidrah, The Three Headed Monster
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
Godzilla 54 and 98
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2
Son of Godzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla: Final Wars
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla vs. Hedorah
Godzilla Against Megaguirus
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. Gigan
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Godzilla Raids Again
Ebirah, Horror of The Deep
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla's Revenge
Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Monsters All-Out Attack
Mothra vs. Godzilla
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Godzilla vs. Mothra: The Battle For Earth
Godzilla, Mothra, Mechagodzilla: Tokyo SOS
Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
Urobuchi Anime Trilogy
Godzilla: Resurgence

Ultra Series (nothing rated lower than 6/10):
Dyna > Gaia > Nexus > Geed > Jack > Mebius > Joneus > Ginga S > Tiga > Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle: Never Ending Odyssey > Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle > Powered > 80 > Ultraman > Max > Leo > Great > Neos > Taro > Ace > Ultra Seven > Orb > Cosmos > Neo Ultra Q > X > USA > Ginga > Ultra Seven X > Ultra Q > Dark Fantasy > Ultra Fight Victory > Ultra Zero Fight > Nice

Super Sentai (nothing rated lower than 4/10):
Kyuranger (absolute best tokusatsu) > Magiranger > Changeman > Go-Busters > Timeranger > Fiveman > Goseiger > GoGo-V > Zyuranger > Go-Onger > Kyoryuger > Gingaman > Dekaranger > Denziman > Ohranger > Toquger > Shinkenger > Gaoranger > Bioman > Carranger > Zyuohger > Dynaman > Abaranger > Maskman > Goggle-V > Boukenger > Turboranger > Battle Fever J > Ninninger > Flashman > Gorenger > Dairanger > JAKQ > Kakuranger > Jetman > Gekiranger > Sun Vulcan > Liveman > Hurricanger > Megaranger > Gokaiger

Daiei movies:
Wrath of Daimajin > Advent Legion > Guardian of The Universe > Daimajin > The Brave > Vs. Barugon > Return of Daimajin > Vs. Gyaos > Super Monster > Vs. Guiron > The Invincible > Revenge of Iris > Vs. Zigra > Vs. Jiger > Vs. Viras > Kujira Gami > Warning From Space

Non-Godzilla Toho movies:
Rodan
Space Amoeba
Frankenstein Conquers The World
Latitude Zero
Mothra
The Three Treasures
Varan The Unbelievable
The H-Man
Atragon
The Mysterians
King Kong Escapes
War of The Gargantuas
Orochi: The Eight Headed Dragon
War in Space
Matango
Gorath
The Battle For Space
Rebirth of Mothra trilogy
Half-Human
Dogora

Kamen Rider:
Drive > Skyrider > OOO > Black RX > Original > Wizard > Decade > Stronger > Fourze > Black > Amazon > Kiva > Super-1 > Agito > J > ZO > Ghost > ZX > V3 > Kuuga > 555 > Hibiki > X > Gaim > Den-O > W > Ex-Aid > Shin > Ryuki > Blade > G > SD > The First > Kabuto > The Next > Build (absolute worst tokusatsu)

Random Tokusatsu series:
Megabeast Investigator Juspion
Space Sheriff Sharivan
Garo: The Makai Flower
Inazuman Flash
Space Sheriff Gavan
Android Kikaider
Garo: The One Who Shines in The Darkness
Space Sheriff Shaider
Extraordinary Zubat
Giant Robo
Tekkouki Mikazuki
Garo: Makai Senki
Inazuman
Super Robot Red Baron
Unofficial Squad Akibaranger Season Pain
Superhuman Machine Metalder
Garo
Iron King
Kikaider 01
Unofficial Squad Akibaranger
Cutey Honey: The Live
Spider-Man 1978
Daitetsujin 17
Zone Fighter
Shougeki Gouraigan
Bio Planet WoO
Daimajin Kanon (worst tokusatsu before Build)

Random Tokusatsu movies:
Death Kappa
Casshern
Agon: Atomic Dragon
Zeiram 2
Zeiram
Guyver 2: Dark Hero
Guyver
Dragon Ball: Evolution
Garo: Beast of The White Night
Space Sheriff Gavan The Movie
Nezulla: The Rat Monster
Monster X Strikes Back: Attack at The G8 Summit
The X From Outer Space
Gokaiger vs. Gavan The Movie
Garo: Kiba Gaiden
Blood: The Last Vampire
Gappa: The Triphibian Monster
Devilman
Re: Cutey Honey
Invasion of The Neptune Men
Garo: Red Requiem
Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo
Mechanical Violator Hikaider
Long and Dark Haired Monster Gehara
Skullman: Prologue of Darkness
Kikaider Reboot
Deep Sea Monster Raiga
Deep Sea Monster Reigo

I am holding back a lot due to character limits.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Godzilla Resurgence?

Also, how the hell can you put any Showa Gamera film over Revenge of Iris? Also, The Brave is the worst movie Daiei ever produced in their Kaiju films.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Godzilla Resurgence?
That's what they call Shin Godzilla in english, what's the problem?
Also, how the hell can you put any Showa Gamera film over Revenge of Iris?
Because Revenge of Iris ended on a cliffhanger and Gamera had no reason to blast his arm off and Vs. Barugon and Vs. Gyaos are kaiju classics.
The Brave is the worst movie Daiei ever produced in their Kaiju films.
You've never seen the whale kaiju movie with the rape scene or Warning From Space, I can tell.