OH LORD. OH GOD. MY PANTS.

MY PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNTSSSSSSSSSSSS

Glad to see monsters and miniatures making a comeback! AND HYPER ZETTON. YEAH! Glad Belial's not back - he had a good run but Zero's movie was a great ending to his story, IMO, and having him return AGAIN would cheapen that.

No, the Showa rarely does this actually. Other than Taro only Hayata does this IIRC. Hideki Goh goes back with Ultraman Jack to M-78, so did Seiji Hokuto/Ace. And in Hayata's case it's because Ultraman has to go back to M-78 to repair his damage from Zetton. In Taro's case, Kotaro wanted to prove his humanity and wanted to show a kid whose dad was killed by Samekujira, that human can be heroes to in the final episode. After defeating Samekujira and Valkie seijin, Kotaro returns the badge to Ultra Mother

Strictly speaking, Shin Hayata had no choice in the matter. Commander Zoffy brought a new lifeforce for Shin when Ultraman had been mortally injured in his battle with the Zetton, and separated them. Plus, according to an article on SciFiJapan when The Revenge of Belial came out, there's been a recent retcon stating that when Shin and Ultraman were separated, Shin lost his memories of being an Ultraman. Which really sucked ...

Why did Hideki and Seiji go with their Ultramen back to M-78? Was it the only way they could keep living? Or, had they been exposed as Ultramen, and fell under the '80's rule?

I know from Wikipedia that Ace had two hosts, Yuuko Minami and Seiji Hokuto. Yuuko was later able to separate from Ace and live independently {assuming she had been mortally injured(?)}, but had Seiji been mortally injured or not? Wiki stated that Hideki Goh had been killed, but revived by Jack.

J

Juspion

Yeah, I did said the reason why Ultraman has to go back, it was emergency after all. Goh fake his dead to his team and after that appear to Sakata Jiro in order to give him the Ultra Pledges before going back. Ultraman Ace return because he realized the children of earth can take care of themselves now. Probably the reason was because both of them will die if separated from the Ultras. After all, they don't have Zoffy bringing life for them.

Yuuko Minami is not a human being but a being who came from the moon. She had no choice but to go back to the moon for a reason that i forgot, leaving Hokuto the sole host. She later appear in Taro together with Ultra Father in order to make Mochi from the monster Mochiron. Later, she appear in Ultraman Mebius episode 44

There was also a short epilogue movie for Ultraman called Revive! Ultraman that was released in 1996. It shows Ultraman returning to earth joining again with Hayata for a final battle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revive!_Ultraman

BTW, this is not the place for discussing this, if you want to continue, talk in the general ultraman thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I did said the reason why Ultraman has to go back, it was emergency after all. Goh fake his dead to his team and after that appear to Sakata Jiro in order to give him the Ultra Pledges before going back. Ultraman Ace return because he realized the children of earth can take care of themselves now. Probably the reason was because both of them will die if separated from the Ultras. After all, they don't have Zoffy bringing life for them.

Yuuko Minami is not a human being but a being who came from the moon. She had no choice but to go back to the moon for a reason that i forgot, leaving Hokuto the sole host. She later appear in Taro together with Ultra Father in order to make Mochi from the monster Mochiron. Later, she appear in Ultraman Mebius episode 44

There was also a short epilogue movie for Ultraman called Revive! Ultraman that was released in 1996. It shows Ultraman returning to earth joining again with Hayata for a final battle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revive!_Ultraman

BTW, this is not the place for discussing this, if you want to continue, talk in the general ultraman thread.

Thanks for that link!

In that case, what happened to Shin Asuka and Jun Himeya? Before Ultra Galaxy Legend, one would've thought Shin Asuka had truly died at the end, and was on his way to Heaven with his dead father. After his final battle, Jun appears to Komon and reassures him the light will shine again. (Just not through him ... ) And, on TVTropes, Word of God insists that Jun is still dead, even after being shown alive in the final episode of Nexus.

July 14th update - First posters are leaked.

1310623151923.jpg

They are fighting on Earth?

J

Juspion

Well, I believe word of god more, so I think Himeya is dead, which will probably more clear if it wasn't canceled

Tsuburaya tend to not give us the whole picture in early posters.
The 1st poster of UGL showed us Mebius and Gomora. For Revenge of Belial, Ultra Brothers almost took half of the 1st poster, and they all ended up not being the major role in the movie.

There is still chance for UFZ, Tiga, or anything.

Last edited:
Ultimate Zero only appear about 10 second for entire movie.

Hope for the new Ultraman at the poster will appear at least 1 minutes in the new movie...