SLICE
...why would this be the last movie for Ultraman?

The company isn't doing THAT bad.

Taroh would have a word with you, but his human host hasn't been seen in decades.

Some time ago, Wikipedia claimed that Taro was the only Ultraman whose human host insisted on a separation. I've never seen the series myself, so I can't say. Come to think of it, we never saw a human host for Taro when he guest-starred in Mebius ...

Any Taro fans want to chime in here?

The Meteor has landed
...why would this be the last movie for Ultraman?

The company isn't doing THAT bad.

I was just asking because, I read somewhere (forgot where) that, after the Ultraman Zero Saga, there will be no more Ultraman

I was just asking because, I read somewhere (forgot where) that, after the Ultraman Zero Saga, there will be no more Ultraman

Savior Den-o, if there's any way that you can find and post that info, I'd really appreciate it.

I can't say whether it would be the end of Ultraman, considering that there have been plenty of stage shows and DVD sales. But, I've found it quite omnimous that there have been no network TV series for five years now, and that the last three Ultra series were on Pay-Per-View - which was three years ago now.

We've been blessed with a series of movies for the past few years, but the box office take has been steadily dropping. And, on one occasion, plans for new network TV series have fallen through.

On the other hand, Tsuburaya does have the ability to create high-quality special-effects movies quickly, and currently has an apparently well-financed supporter in a lucrative field. So, hopefully, if they can re-create the success of Super 8 UltraBrothers, and this time, build on it; they can re-start the Ultra series on network TV again.

J

Juspion

Why is it that Taro's original host actor never returns? I mean, every other Ultra has them finding the original actors to do the voices, but for Taro he has a completely different person doing his voice . . . so anyone know what's going on?

Because in the finale of the series, Kotaro explicitly give back the Ultra Badge to Ultra Mother. That's signify that Taro has separated from his host, Kotaro Higashi

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Cool. I love Dyna. And I love seeing Tsuruno Takeshi. All he does is Variety now a days, it's cool to see him suit back up to play Dyna.

Oh, and Hanejiro. Must...have....Hanejiro...

J

Juspion

Don't most Ultraman separate from their hosts anyway by the end?

No, the Showa rarely does this actually. Other than Taro only Hayata does this IIRC. Hideki Goh goes back with Ultraman Jack to M-78, so did Seiji Hokuto/Ace. And in Hayata's case it's because Ultraman has to go back to M-78 to repair his damage from Zetton. In Taro's case, Kotaro wanted to prove his humanity and wanted to show a kid whose dad was killed by Samekujira, that human can be heroes to in the final episode. After defeating Samekujira Kotaro returns the badge to Ultra Mother. After that, he defeated Valkie Seijin as a human proving his humanity in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Asuka gets his old hair style from the series back. I don't like his recent hairstyle from UGL.

What's wrong with it? The haircut was quite elegant and sophisticated, and the golden hair was quite appropriate - considering that, for all intents and purposes, Asuka is a living guardian angel. I had thought it was going to look really garish from Ultra Galaxy Legend's DVD cover. But, in the subdued lighting on the Space Pendragon, it looked good. Only in the overpowering light of Ultra did it look washed out. Only thing that was bad about it was those ridiculous lambchop sideburns ...

Smilodon, I agree with you 110%! So, Mr Tsuruno is still with that quiz show, then? I've been checking his albums at CDJapan, and it looks like his musical career is still going ok. Besides, no doubt he's very busy with his lovely wife and three beautiful baby daughters. But, it has been confirmed that he's definitely in the film?

And, Hanejiro has to return. Again! To stay, this time.

Last edited: