Another unpopular opinion that I just thought of concerns OOO, and has to do with the Blue Medals and ShaUTa form.

1) As much as I love water based powers and forms and sometimes even monsters, I could never bring myself to like ShaUTa's form, or legs to be precise. The front part of his thighs looks like straps for stockings, something I'd expect on a female rider or monster (then again Mezool is inteneded to be a female monster so.....beh........ =_+) (its the same reason as to why I can't bring myself to like or buy the figuarts of Shadowmoon; his leg armor parts looks like a woman's pants / shorts design >.> )

2) Next up is that I'll never be able to collect all the DX cell medals from the OOO series, cuz they've never made a Shachi cell medal :mad: sure there's one that you can get from ordering the premium collection, but that's pretty much it =_+ There was an extra Tora cell medal that was made which would have been and SHOULD have been where the Shachi cell was released, but no, they just completely ignored it and shoved it aside after that, it really disappoints me because that mistake could have been easily avoided. Now for those of us who are collecting DX cell medals will never have the whole set, all because of 1 extra Tora medal :shakefist

I got the feeling that they were trying conceal and postpone the appearance of the Shachi medal somehow, like from the spoilers in magazines and scans and other news they were trying to hype it up or something, and then when it did show up it just came and went and voom, gone into the wind and never really seen / mentioned again. I don't know if this is because of the tsunami that happened in Japan at the time, but from what I gather online that doesn't seem to be case. They were just like.......... meh **** it............ we're not gonna give that Shachi medal the advertisement it deserves. Sucks balls imo.

3) Even the form of ShaUTa itself is really under used. Yes I know most Rider shows don't even have many water fights, sometimes not even at all. But it would still be nice if it showed up a bit more often, while playing the theme song that should have gone with it. >.< I know that song isn't the catchiest out of the entire OOO Combo soundtrack, but it still deserves the screen time it should have got. I recall so many other songs from other toku series that wasn't to my liking, but still appeared at least a few times, the ShaUTa combo song never even debuted, ultimate sadness T_T

But yeah most ppl seem to not care about this, as I am prob one of the only few that has ever been bothered by this fact, still it irks me when I think about it and will probably never leave me alone as long as I live =(

P.S. --- I feel that Honoka Miki appeared too less as Mezool, whereas the character spends more time in her Kaijin form than human. I wonder if that's due to her being a model and having to run around and do more stuff and whatnot, and I think they tried to balance that out more in the end but it still feels that she was underrated for most of the show =/

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
P.S. --- I feel that Honoka Miki appeared too less as Mezool, whereas the character spends more time in her Kaijin form than human. I wonder if that's due to her being a model and having to run around and do more stuff and whatnot, and I think they tried to balance that out more in the end but it still feels that she was underrated for most of the show =/

Unpopular opinion of mine regarding Mezool: It is appalling that the show used a 13-year-old girl for fanservice. They could just as easily have got an adult to play her. It's even more appalling that fans old enough to be her dad were drooling over her. Ramon from Kiva was just as bad ("I MUST IMPREGNATE THE WORLD WITH MY DEMON SPAWN BABIES!")

Last edited:
変わって欲しくないよ。
Okay as long as this thread is here I've got one more that's been rankling me for a while --

I am absolutely, positively sick of that 'Puella Magi Madoka Magica took its story from Kamen Rider Ryuki!' troll theory that's going around, mostly because of the people that either take it as fact or those that claim one show ripped off the other ( either facetiously or seriously. ) Those kinds of storytelling conventions have been around long before either series even existed, and just because a person can see vague similarities between characters doesn't mean OH MY GOD THEY ARE ANALOGUES IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!

HATRED.

inb4 I get told it was meant to piss off fans that's the joke lolz

Who you gonna call?
Ramon from Kiva was just as bad ("I MUST IMPREGNATE THE WORLD WITH MY DEMON SPAWN BABIES!")
Ew... I didn't need to remember that...

Unpopular opinion: I don't get why Shadow Moon has been deified to the point of considering him as the ultimate Kamen Rider enemy. There has been Riders and enemies way more evil, menacing looking and powerful than Shadow Moon, who's pretty much just an evil version of Black and with less charisma in my opinion. It doesn't help that the Gorgom weren't that impressive too, they're just a bit less silly than the previous enemy organizations and their monsters were anything but impressive. Heck, the last mutants felt... cheap. Also, the series itself is uneven. Episodes which moved the story further were good, but the series has a fair share of filler that it's really sub-par in my opinion.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
You don't need to change the narrative to fix Xtreme, I think you'd just need to spend longer working with the design and bring it more firmly into line with the aesthetic of the first ten forms. The thing that really bothers me about Rider final forms in general is that they're almost always more half-baked designs than the base forms, because the design artists have clearly spent a lot less time working with them.

So final forms are always weighed down by stupid gimmicks, bad silhouette decisions, and gaudy bullshit that generally wouldn't be allowed to fly with a base form. It's basically filler, trying to hammer out a new design in time for the toy guys to get the Q3 toys ready. The base form is used heavily in the show's initial marketing, so it had to be a very effective design overall and you can just tell more effort goes into it than other forms.

Oh I know you don't have to change the narrative, i was just saying that, that could be used to better explain it. Although i still believe that the last say... 10 episodes of W were not as strong to me as the rest of the series, so i wouldn't necessarily mind tweaking the narrative. But i agree that changing the narrative isn't necessary.

I liked The Next better than The First.
I'd actually agree with that. I think that both movies were horribly derailed by their bullshit subplots, but The Next's felt like it was at least tangentially related to the plot, whereas in The First I spent the whole movie wondering who the crap these two kids were and, when I found it, it added nothing to the movie.