I've got a number of the SIC KTs. Sometimes the styling works, sometimes it doesn't. Faiz looks quite cool with a more "robotic" suit. Agito's works quite well. But I don't think the restyle of Den-O Sword Form works. I'm quite "meh" about Hibiki and Blade's new looks too. However, I got the Garo Figuart and found it seemed really plain compared to when I picture the Garo suit in my mind. Bought Zero and Kiba in SIC KT form and they are both lovely. Then I bought Dan and while it looks lovely you really can't move the joints at all. Overall the GARO figures come across quite well (notably the Makaikado toyline for the latest series has taken on the SIC styling).
Huh, I had the exact opposite experience. I thought Garo and Zero looked great but were both hampered by bad QC issues (Garo's biceps can't rotate, Zero's can't stay attached to the shoulder) while Dan was the only one that had perfect and stable articulation. Never got Kiba because the Garo subline had a 1:2 success ratio at that point.

I also think that Den-O is one of the coolest looking figures in the line while Agito looks just a little bit too goofy to take seriously (it's mostly the head). I'm with you on Faiz and Blade, though.

SIC stands for Super Imaginative Chogokin. Chogokin is a type of metal or something. So supposingly every figure has metal parts on it. Except the W releases, I can't find a metal part of it even though I tried. Then there are those with really obvious metal parts. SIC IXA's chest part(the grey part of his armor) is all metal. I don't really think it's very consistent, but the presence is there.
Well if I remember correctly, the word "chogokin" means "super alloy" but it's just a name that indicates a toy has die-cast parts. Although the smaller SIC KT figures are all plastic :disappoin
Huh, I had the exact opposite experience. I thought Garo and Zero looked great but were both hampered by bad QC issues (Garo's biceps can't rotate, Zero's can't stay attached to the shoulder) while Dan was the only one that had perfect and stable articulation. Never got Kiba because the Garo subline had a 1:2 success ratio at that point.

I also think that Den-O is one of the coolest looking figures in the line while Agito looks just a little bit too goofy to take seriously (it's mostly the head). I'm with you on Faiz and Blade, though.
The SIC KT Dan the White Knight was an utter pain in the rear. I can't move his joints for bits of the sculpted armour running into each other. And his wrist ball joints are so tight you can't rotate his hands, you just start stressing the joint.

Should've said I've got the SIC KT Agito Trinity. Dont know if it's a different head to the normal one or not, but it's really the paint that makes the figure. Great metallic blue and red. Although the way you can actually fold the head crest open is also cool
That reminds me of another unpopular opinion:

I think ZX is the best Rider costume of the 80's! (provided we're counting Skyrider as still part of the 70's.)
Does not compute <head explodes>

In fairness I can see what they were trying with that suit. It's the first to not just have a jacket with vaguely insect-y styled padding on the chest. They were trying to go for a more armoured look and it seems to have set the template for how suits were constructed since then. But I wouldn't put it ahead of Black.

Should've said I've got the SIC KT Agito Trinity. Dont know if it's a different head to the normal one or not, but it's really the paint that makes the figure. Great metallic blue and red. Although the way you can actually fold the head crest open is also cool
I have both; the head is the same. It's not a bad head sculpt by any means, it's just one that I don't personally like all that much. As a rule I tend to enjoy the SIC style a lot more when it's applied to tech-based characters than more organic ones (the Hibiki Riders being the main exception - I love how those guys turned out).

Mr. Kamen Rider
Does not compute <head explodes>

Conversely, I feel the same way about someone not liking it. :laugh:

In fairness I can see what they were trying with that suit. It's the first to not just have a jacket with vaguely insect-y styled padding on the chest. They were trying to go for a more armoured look and it seems to have set the template for how suits were constructed since then. But I wouldn't put it ahead of Black.

BLACK's pretty good, but I've never been as wowed by that costume as a lot of people. I just find it really average- not terrible by any stretch, but lacking anything really interesting to me like what Super-1 or ZX have going on. He's just got a kind of all-around okay look, but that's it. I like it more than RX (a lot more than RX) and the 90's guys, but it just lacks the visual flair of its predecessors. It is nice and simple, but I like something a little more to Rider designs.

Last edited:
SLICE
I like the visual appeal of Black, a very sleek, semi armored dude.

RX's design I really dislike, especially for his legs. It makes it look like he's wearing biker shorts, especially in the show when the crotch piece comes apart from the leg pieces.

Mind a similar issue kinda came up with Black-but the suit design avoided it via being black and thus blending in.

A long white scarf might have really helped Black's design though, I won't lie.

I was actually really disappointed with their designs when I rewatched Black and Black RX as an adult after only having them in childhood memories. I remembered both having a "shell" look covering their entire bodies, not the spandex on the upper legs, the crotch piece and the chest pieces that often "break apart" that they actually had. Still, I think they're good designs, although certainly not my favorites.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
In that case, HenshinTheKid do you have any opinion on how Extreme Gold form could had been? Not being a jerk but just curious. I actually agree that Extreme Gold was pretty meh, maybe they could had took the chance to give him sorta a knight theme since he uses a shield and a sword. But then one of Extreme's main theme was wind.

*SPOILERS*
i REALLY (once again) would've loved to see Sho and Phil get the Nasca memory instead of Saeko. Have them refine it so it resembles their memories and have CycloneNasca or FangNasca be the final form. It just sucks that Kirihiko dies as a good guy and his memory falls into evil hands. I would've liked to see Kirihiko be redeemed, if only symbolically. If the Nasca memory was used they would have an explanation for the final form to have wings. Also I would've given their final form wind powers, not like the cyclone memory, i mean real legit wind powers like making mini cyclones from his hand. and i came up with three options of transportation for this hypothetical form
1. take the wings used for red Nasca and just use them on this guy (considering that red Nasca wouldn't exist if my idea had be used.)
2. sorta like the ninja guy in Tiger&Bunny give him propeller on his back, not as massive as the ninja dudes big-ass shuriken but still on there. it could spin and propel them (not the best idea but the designers could have made it work)
3. allow him to travel by tornado, like castlevania 2 meets kamen rider meteors laser ball thing meets chalice's tornado move. have him crouch down and then a breeze can pick up around him and boom tornado travel!

Also if they did stick with the X motif for the final form i think they could've designed him in a way to emulate Fuuto-Kun to some degree, which i think would've been cool. having the cartoon representative of the city randomly/unintentionally (unintentionally within the show obviously) somewhat resemble the final form of the city's hero. they could've made the X symbol on the memory look like a pinwheel for instance then have the face look like an abstracted pinwheel, i actually kinda like that idea. (it would've probably entailed giving fuuto-kun a different color scheme but i think it could work) i might actually try drawing that

there were pre existing elements that in my opinion should have shaped the design but (gold)extreme sort of shrugged them off and, to me, feels a little phoned in.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I can't really understand the idea that the show should have ended with ep48 to teach the characters and audience that some people can't be saved, yet Kirihiko's death was a waste. Yes, it's true that some people can't be saved. Is that not what Shotaro and Philip learned from Kirihiko?

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Unpopular opinion: This is one of the best parts of W, and the show as a whole would've been much poorer without it.

im not sure which part you're talking about, i don't mind kirihiko dying (granted i wish he would've lived and become the second rider instead of accel existing but thats a completely different discussion.) What I'm saying is that once he's dead his memory is taken by saeko and used for evil, i think it would have been nice to see shotaro & co. get the nasca memory and use it, keeping Kirihikos dream/legacy alive or whatever.