A girl of divergent opinions.
Do you have any thoughts and opinions that contrast with what other people think? Is there a time where you feel like you're the black sheep of a fandom just because everyone claims something is brain-meltingly awesome when you think it's not such a big deal? Well, this thread is for you. It's like I always say: "Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions, and I respect yours, so respect mine." Talk about and discuss whatever divergent opinions you have, keeping in mind the mutual respect. I'll start.

[HIDE]
  • I don't think Gokaiger is as awesome as people claim it is. To me it’s just glorified fanfiction. Everything about it just screams “fanfic turned official”: it's 75% fanservice, 20% actual plot, and 5% filler; nearly every new character is poorly-developed and cliche; and Gai just seems like an overpowered, exaggerated author self-insert. I can't find anything done right about it, other than Marvelous' sexiness and Ahim.
  • While on the topic of Gokaiger, to me the first episode began in the worst way possible. I feel it was unnecessary to show the entire Legend War right away when they could have snuck bits and pieces of it inbetween episodes, or never shown it at all, keeping it as a complete mystery until a certain point. Plus, it didn't explain anything. Why was Zangyack invading Earth? Why didn't other heroes like the Kamen Riders join the battle? At least in Kamen Rider Double we got some explaining, even if vague (how Double's first transformation was like). With Gokaiger, logic and backstory were thrown out of the window in favour of a lengthy battle that wasn't even needed.
  • Kamen Rider Joker in the Double movie really tipped me off. If they wanted to have corresponding Dopants for Double's Memories, fine, but give Joker one too! I would have loved to see a Joker Dopant instead of the whole "T2 Joker Memory goes straight to Shotaro because he's the wildcard and blah blah blah" bullcrap. They could have just as well made him transform with his T1 Memory but noooo.
  • On the topic of the Double movie, there should have been more scenes of Phillip in the NEVER jacket. He looked really sexy in it. :drool:
  • I don't think the Eternal V-Cinema should have been made. To me it would be more understandable and believable if Shotaro and Phillip actually somehow went back in time to witness Katsumi's backstory, instead of standing there hearing it from some dead psychic chick who they've never seen before. If anything, Minna is probably one of these crazy villain fangirls who think their objects of lust aren't half as bad as they seem. And what leaves me more flabbergasted is that they believed her without thinking twice. C'mon, boys, you're better than that.
[/HIDE]

MagiFanboy
I don't like Gai Yuuki. I don't see what it is that makes other people think he's such an awesome badass, all I see is a selfish dick who disobeys orders solely for the sake of being contrary, and he's always the most reluctant to commit to the fight, always the first to say that he wants to quit the team, and the way he constantly harasses Kaori just made my skin crawl in revulsion, not to mention how even when they did get into a relationship, it was a pathetic sham with him putting in absolutely no effort to actually, you know, make the relationship work. Yeah, he gets better, but it takes him so long and he gives me so little to work with prior to that time, it just isn't worth it. The Jetman tribute episode would have been far better if it had gone with anyone else but him.

I don't like Gai Yuuki. I don't see what it is that makes other people think he's such an awesome badass, all I see is a selfish dick who disobeys orders solely for the sake of being contrary, and he's always the most reluctant to commit to the fight, always the first to say that he wants to quit the team, and the way he constantly harasses Kaori just made my skin crawl in revulsion, not to mention how even when they did get into a relationship, it was a pathetic sham with him putting in absolutely no effort to actually, you know, make the relationship work.

Maybe that is the reason they love him.

Kamen Rider

1. Black is not nearly on the same level of awesome as Kuuga and Agito are.
2. Shadow Moon is not a great villain.
3. Blade is not one of the better installments in the franchise (I believe lots of people love this season).
4. Both halves of Hibiki have their own merits and flaws.
5. Kabuto isn't awesome.
6. Otoya isn't as great as he could've been.
7. Decade is a bad place for new Kamen Rider fans to start watching the franchise.
8. Akiko from W is not a horrible character.

Super Sentai

1. Big One isn't badass (except for Gao vs SS)
2. Battle Fever has some of the best suit designs ever.
3. Sun Vulcan is not a great series.
4. Goggle-V has some cool stuff.
5. Dynaman is a fun show and NOT boring.
6. Bioman is overrated.
7. Jun (Yellow Four II) from Bioman is the better Yellow Four.
8. Maskman is an amazing season with great concepts, great characters, and fun plots.
9. Turboranger is an awesome and worthy installment to the franchise.
10. Tranza from Jetman isn't Yutaka Hirose's best role (still awesome though!).
11. Zyuranger isn't as bad as people say, nor is it as great as others say. It's a middle of the road sentai imo.
12. Ohranger is not as bad as people say (even though I'm not a big fan).
13. Megaranger is better than Power Rangers in Space.
14. Gingaman is better than Lost Galaxy.
15. GoGoFive isn't boring, it's amazing (at least, I've heard a lot of people call it boring)
16. Gaoranger is a fun installment to the franchise. Very underrated.
17. Hurricaneger is not as great as others say it is. I don't care much for the characters.
18. Abaranger's balance in comedy and seriousness is very well done.
19. The Maskman and Abaranger's love stories were better than the Jetman one (though all were awesome imo).
20. Boukenger isn't badass.
21. Gekiranger has a great cast.
22. Gunpei is the best Go-onger.
23. The Shinkenger cast isn't as great as others say they are.
24. Moune's actress from Goseiger did great all throughout.
25. Brajira isn't a good villain.
26. Gokaiger is a very well made and enjoyable season (I personally hear a lot of criticism towards this season).
27. Don from Gokaiger is one of the most badass Green Warriors ever.
28. Gai from Gokaiger is not a Genta clone.

Metal Heroes

1. The Space Sheriffs are boring.
2. Er, most of the seasons are rather too long and drag too much imo. :sweat:
3. Blue SWAT is one of the better installments.
4. B-Fighter is just an okay season.

Power Rangers
1. Tommy isn't as cool as most people say he is.
2. Space is not a great season
3. Lost Galaxy isn't a great season
4. I don't mind that Time Force copied Timeranger, since it at least turned out decent.
5. Gem and Gemma from RPM aren't as annoying as others say they are (I've seen far worse).

変わって欲しくないよ。
I don't think Wataru deserves as much hate as he gets. I see him bashed to hell and back and it's for such petty reasons. :|

[hide]
Tokusatsu

Decade should've taken the "Obi-Wan Kenobi we need your help" route...and every world he went too he'd gain an ability (ie Megaman) and an ally to add to his band of merry men to help him fight Shocker. Not too keen on the Pink Jesus Rider routine. They should've used Decade as a filler for the Heisei Rider after all the main riders disappeared and Tsukasa is there to take their place:sweat:

Kuuga Rising Ultimate should have not represented the CYMK with Decade and Diend...instead two more belts should've been created to represent the Yellow and Key motifs in CYMK.:redface2:

Gaoh and Yu-ki should be inherited by a relative of Gaoh and Shiro to create Gaohyuki.:sweat:

G Den-O's basic form should've been called "Pursuit Form" and the his Dengasher Gun Mode should've been called "Dengasher Magnum Mode" because Dengasher Gun Mode applies to Ryuuta.:)

If Yuriko Shiratori stayed in Den-O she should have became Zeronos Strike Form.:laugh:

Big One is badass cause he thinks outside of the box for better or for worst. And throws a better rose than Tuxedo Kamen.:laugh:

Akiko should've been Skull for one episode.

Ookondoru and Oodako did not suck in the Godzilla Franchise, it could've been worse. Also, Ookondoru isn't a Rodan knock-off.:shakefist

Too bad Blade couldn't show all of the Undead designs, but I'm happy with what I saw overall.:buttrock:

Adaptations/US Originals

Beetleborgs isn't as bad as people say; they played up to be kid heroes for a reason. With that said the adaptation of the Metal Hero Team Up in Beetleborgs was funny as hell. They should've used the Kabutack Christmas special in the series also.:laugh:

The Hillhurst Monsters aren't as bad. In a way, Kiva's Arms Monster show similarities to a certain degree.

Josh/White Blaster should've returned in Metallix for an episode.

Shin, ZO, and J should've been used as Masked Rider Super Green so it gives Saban an excuse of why the footage varied. They should also use Kamen Rider Black as Masked Rider Super Black, Dex's final form.

VR Troopers was decent for what it was. And Jeb isn't as annoying as most people think, in times, he does become useful.

I wasn't pleased that Dragon Knight didn't use footage from Episode Special or Ryuki vs. Agito. Furthermore, despite "Odin" got to use his Final Vent, they omitted Camo's final vent.:sweat:

No-Men should've created an "Alternative" Army based off of Eubulon's data to either fight against the Riders or Xaviax's army.

The Mystic Knight theme still makes me giggle to this day.:laugh:

Almost every episode of Mystic Knights felt like deja vu, like it was repeating itself. At least with Power Rangers, they tend to change it up sometimes. It wasn't until the finale it was getting good, too bad it ended in a cliffhanger.:shakefist

Amp, Lucky, and Liz were my only favorite characters from Syber Squad.
[/hide]

...err...that's it for now.

-I feel like they missed a good opportunity to develop Walz before his departure. Then again, it's easier to kill off a character than to do anything interesting with them.
-Ahim is a much more interesting character than Luka, who the only thing she got going for her is just spunk and a backstory that's never brought up outside of a few focus episodes.
-Whenever someone posts that 'Never Forget Goseiger' pic, I feel the need to punch somebody.
-The amount to backlash towards a female cast member not being 'hot,' such as Arisa Komiya, is pretty telling of what the fandom watches toku for more than anything.

I don't have low self esteem.
*I think even for an Americanization, Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was actually better than Kamen Rider Ryuuki. Infact Ryuuki wasn't that good anyway.

*Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger was total crap, I HATE the Ranger Keys and the stupid ability to transform into earlier Sentai teams suits. It's pointless.

*Goseiger was lame too and so was Go-Onger. Go-Busters doesn't look very prommising too.

*Japan import Toku DVDs are WAAAAY too expensive.

Doctor Maki was a terrible villain. The concepts behind him were good an intriguing, but the stupid little doll completely killed any ability to take him seriously as a threat. If Eiji had been on the ball he would have just destroyed the doll and let Maki die from a writhing, giggling seizure.

Also from OOO, Eiji never came into his own enough to be much more than a watered down Godai Yusuke.

Kamen Rider Stronger is horribly overrated, has shallow characters and sloppy writing, and is easily the worst of the five classic series.

Kamen Rider X has one of the best designs of the early Showa Riders.

No matter how awesome Kenji Ohba is, the Space Sheriff shows are really boring and hard to sit through. Also, Shaider's actor looked like a complete weenie.