Do you have any thoughts and opinions that contrast with what other people think? Is there a time where you feel like you're the black sheep of a fandom just because everyone claims something is brain-meltingly awesome when you think it's not such a big deal? Well, this thread is for you. It's like I always say: "Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions, and I respect yours, so respect mine." Talk about and discuss whatever divergent opinions you have, keeping in mind the mutual respect. I'll start.
- I don't think Gokaiger is as awesome as people claim it is. To me it’s just glorified fanfiction. Everything about it just screams “fanfic turned official”: it's 75% fanservice, 20% actual plot, and 5% filler; nearly every new character is poorly-developed and cliche; and Gai just seems like an overpowered, exaggerated author self-insert. I can't find anything done right about it, other than Marvelous' sexiness and Ahim.
- While on the topic of Gokaiger, to me the first episode began in the worst way possible. I feel it was unnecessary to show the entire Legend War right away when they could have snuck bits and pieces of it inbetween episodes, or never shown it at all, keeping it as a complete mystery until a certain point. Plus, it didn't explain anything. Why was Zangyack invading Earth? Why didn't other heroes like the Kamen Riders join the battle? At least in Kamen Rider Double we got some explaining, even if vague (how Double's first transformation was like). With Gokaiger, logic and backstory were thrown out of the window in favour of a lengthy battle that wasn't even needed.
- Kamen Rider Joker in the Double movie really tipped me off. If they wanted to have corresponding Dopants for Double's Memories, fine, but give Joker one too! I would have loved to see a Joker Dopant instead of the whole "T2 Joker Memory goes straight to Shotaro because he's the wildcard and blah blah blah" bullcrap. They could have just as well made him transform with his T1 Memory but noooo.
- On the topic of the Double movie, there should have been more scenes of Phillip in the NEVER jacket. He looked really sexy in it. :drool:
- I don't think the Eternal V-Cinema should have been made. To me it would be more understandable and believable if Shotaro and Phillip actually somehow went back in time to witness Katsumi's backstory, instead of standing there hearing it from some dead psychic chick who they've never seen before. If anything, Minna is probably one of these crazy villain fangirls who think their objects of lust aren't half as bad as they seem. And what leaves me more flabbergasted is that they believed her without thinking twice. C'mon, boys, you're better than that.