Silly Rookie
The two times I remember a show directly saying "this is the strongest Rider of them all!" we got Leangle and Gatack. I have subsequently learned to never trust that statement again.

Lol.

Kagami is certainly the designated "everyman" character [-snip-] He kind of reminds me of Shinji from Ryuki in being the earnest underdog. Much as he wants to be the big hero, his world just keeps pushing him back into more of a salaryman role. He seems to be the one pushing out all those "work hard, look after each other" morals for the kids.

That's the main reason why. Plus we learn more of his backstory faster than any other Rider. I always saw Tendou as the successful rival who the main character wants to surpass.

For the lack of a better example, think of Gary from Pokemon. Except add an insane amount of delusion.

Seeing a show that I thought was about an underdog forced to play second banana to the most unlikeable eponymous Kamen Rider ever made and struggling to finally make it to the top of the ranks is what made me watch almost half of the show in the first place.

It just came to mind because I just finished Blade, and Kabuto is the only one left that I'm kinda far into. I gotta get to finishing it.

Last edited:
Lurker
Well I must concede it depends on the writers and the toy requirements being forced on the show. It appears Fourze will only have five forms in the TV show, which is one of the lowest numbers for a while, but they rarely use it tactically; usually it's just whatever the newest form is will be used to steamroll the enemy. Even then, the switch modules kinda of make it seem "busy" still. You wonder if Gentaro would actually be able to win a fight without using them. He's pretty dependant on them. I wouldn't mind a show that was maybe like RX or Blade with only 3 forms, but I suspect Bandai would kill that idea straight away.
5 total forms excluding movies exclusive forms? oh that's not too bad then, but then again, considering that we have 40 switches kinda still seem like an overkill. I think Gentarou should be able to hold his own without switches and only have the State switches, though his main gimmick is the ability to use all sort of different things.

I'm interested in seeing a one on one fight between him and Meteor.

Silly Rookie
I don't understand the appeal of the S.I.C. series toys. They're some of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

Lurker
I don't think that's an unpopular opinion, the SHF thread got stickied and our SIC thread is still not sticked. :(

Silly Rookie
They still keep making them last time I checked. There's clearly enough people buying them.

...SHF?

Last edited:
Lurker
5 total forms excluding movies exclusive forms?
Base, Elek, Fire, Magnet and Cosmic. Unless I've missed a rumour.
I don't understand the appeal of the S.I.C. series toys. They're some of the ugliest things I've ever seen.
I've got a number of the SIC KTs. Sometimes the styling works, sometimes it doesn't. Faiz looks quite cool with a more "robotic" suit. Agito's works quite well. But I don't think the restyle of Den-O Sword Form works. I'm quite "meh" about Hibiki and Blade's new looks too. However, I got the Garo Figuart and found it seemed really plain compared to when I picture the Garo suit in my mind. Bought Zero and Kiba in SIC KT form and they are both lovely. Then I bought Dan and while it looks lovely you really can't move the joints at all. Overall the GARO figures come across quite well (notably the Makaikado toyline for the latest series has taken on the SIC styling). Also, I'm not a fan of the Kamen Rider ZX suit at all; it's possibly my least favourite rider costume. But I think the SIC restyle looks amazing, so he's just arrived in the post today :anime: But the Kamen Rider SICs are generally quite hit and miss, so I'd always say it's a line where you pick up the odd figure you really like the look of rather than ever collect them generally. Especially with the older ones, which were explicitly based upon some of the manga rather than the shows, and depicted them more as humanoid insects than people in armour.
Not sure how the price differences are.
The SIC KTs tend to be about 1000 to 1500 yen, but they're only about 2/3 the size of a Figuart. The full SICs cost 3000-3500 yen on clearance, but can be over 4500 yen and there are a lot of 2-packs in the 5000-5500 range. Based purely on ZX, the only one I own (and one of the cheaper ones), they're slightly taller and stockier than an Ultra Act (or at least Ultraman Zero and Belial, the only two Ultra Acts I own) and ZX has metal legs like Figuarts used to do. But I don't know if that's standard for SICs or not, and I know a lot of them have major gimmicks, such as Decade coming with extra armour to convert him from standard form to complete form, and the W ones are able to completely disassemble the armour to combine the figures for the non-standard forms like Cyclone Metal. So apart from being bigger, you tend to be paying for a lot of extras and diecast too.

Mr. Kamen Rider
Also, I'm not a fan of the Kamen Rider ZX suit at all; it's possibly my least favourite rider costume.

That reminds me of another unpopular opinion:

I think ZX is the best Rider costume of the 80's! (provided we're counting Skyrider as still part of the 70's.)

Lurker
SIC stands for Super Imaginative Chogokin. Chogokin is a type of metal or something. So supposingly every figure has metal parts on it. Except the W releases, I can't find a metal part of it even though I tried. Then there are those with really obvious metal parts. SIC IXA's chest part(the grey part of his armor) is all metal. I don't really think it's very consistent, but the presence is there.