The Gaia Memory Thread: Choose Your Addiction: DX, Candy or Capsule

I didn't see a comprehensive thread about these, and considering the sheer number of them out there now, I thought it might be worth putting together.

Lots of this comes from ShukuenShinobi's blog:
http://shukuenshinobi.wordpress.com/

Buying and Batteries

If you want to replace any batteries, stock up on LR-44 batteries! They're small disc-shaped ones.

CSToys usually gets a small-to-moderate stock of all the Candy and Capsule memories, and often sells them all individually. Capsule memories, being hard to come by, are more likely to sell out fast.

AmiAmi has had preorders up for sealed boxes of all the Sound Gaia Memory releases to date.

Most any major online importer offers the DX toys that include DX Memories. The Dopant Memory has also been available from several places.

DX Gaia Memories
Generally, these come with larger toys. They usually contain lights, multiple button combinations in the "USB" plug, and the most powerful speakers.

DX Gaia Memories released to date include:

DOUBLE DRIVER
-Cyclone
-Heat
-Luna
-Joker

METAL SHAFT
-Metal

TRIGGER MAGNUM
-Trigger

FANG MEMORY
-Fang (Not removable from its dino body)
-Joker (Shotaro ver.) (only available in the first run of the toy)
---Button press: "Let's go, Philip"
---After transformation noises: "So, let's count up your crimes!"

SKULL MAGNUM
-Skull

ACCEL DRIVER
-Accel

ENGINE BLADE
-Engine

EXTREME MEMORY
-Bulked out Cyclone Extreme
-Bulked out Joker Extreme

PRISM BICKER
-Prism

TRIAL MEMORY
-Trial (Not removable from its sizable apparatus)

LOST DRIVER
-Eternal

There are also Memory Gadgets, whose memories have a single situational button in the "USB" plug. However, several of these lack lights, while some others have very unique features.

STAG PHONE
-Stag

BAT SHOT
-Bat

SPIDER SHOCK
-Spider

BEETLE PHONE
-Beetle

FROG POD
-Frog

DENDEN SENSOR
-DenDen

Finally, there are a few special memories whose functions would make them at least parallel to DX ones, if not on par.

FASHION PACK-IN JOKER MEMORY (packed w/ a jacket or a bag, so far)
-Joker (Shotaro ver.) (alternate sticker)
--First button press: "We're Double! Two in one."
--Second button press: "Right, Philip?"
--Otherwise acts like the DX Joker memory, does not say anything after transformation

DOPANT MEMORY
This memory looks like the Terror Memory. It has 2 primary buttons, one to cycle through 26 Dopant names, and one to slam the memory against any part of your anatomy in order to activate a transformation sound (which begins with the name of the last Dopant you cycled to). This memory is like a DX memory in that it has multiple situational noises when functioning with the Double Driver, but lacks any lights. It was sold on its own for around 900-1200 yen.

GANBARIDE MEMORY
A mail-away DX Gaia Memory that requires the luck of winning a special card from a Ganbaride arcade machine. Pressing the front button will cycle through "Ganbaride!" followed by all the main Rider names up to Double. It functions as a "Ganbaride!" silver-tipped memory in the Double Driver. In a Maximum Drive slot, it says "Slot Phase" until the button is pressed, when it then says "Gekiretsu Attack".

JUSCO LIMITED CYCLONE MEMORY
-Cyclone (Philip ver.)
--Sound Cycle: "Cyclone", "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?", "We are a 2-in-1 detective", "Beginning look-up", "How thrilling", ???
--After transformation: "So, let's count up your crimes"

JOKER T2 MEMORY
-Appears to be a DX Memory
-Packed with this book: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engl...-3126&template=default/product/e_display.html
-Cycles through T2 Gaia Memory names like the DX Dopant Memory

Candy Sound Gaia Memories

Packaged in individual boxes, with Bandai candy toy candy! Highly suspect and delicious ramune tablets.

These lack lights and only have a single button. Pressing the button will cycle through a series of sounds (the cycle will reset after approx. 10 seconds of inactivity). Holding the button or using one of these in the DX Double Driver will cause it to play 2 sounds with the proper timing delays for a Kamen Rider W henshin sequence.

TECHNICAL NOTE: Series 1 and Series R are identical in appearance and function, outside of a minor 4-dot or 3-dot(R) diamond marking. Also, Series 1/R must be at the beginning of the cycle in order to perform the henshin sequence. I have found that shoving them into the Double Driver somehow hard-resets them, though I have no idea how that is possible. This issue is caused by the fact that Series 1/R plays cycle-sounds when the button is depressed. Series 2 corrects this by having cycle-sounds play when the button is depressed AND THEN released, thus allowing the henshin sequence to occur at any point in the cycle by holding the button down.

SERIES 1/R
-Cyclone
-Joker
-Heat
-Metal
-Faiz
-Den-O
(A sealed box often contains one full set, and one incomplete set of Cyclone/Joker/Heat/Den-O)
(There is also a 7-11 exclusive version of this series with lenticular stickers that also show the main form for each memory)

SERIES 2
-Fang
-Luna (Philip ver.)
--3rd sound in the cycle is Philip saying "So, let's count up your crimes"
-Trigger (Shotaro ver.)
--3rd sound in the cycle is Shotaro saying "So, let's count up your crimes"
-Accel
-Engine
-Hibiki
-Kabuto
(A sealed box often contains one full set, and one incomplete set of Fang/Accel/Kabuto)

SERIES 3
-Extreme Cyclone
-Extreme Joker
-Prism
-Trial
-Blade
-Agito
(A sealed box contains 2 full sets)

LEGEND RIDER SPECIAL (uses portraits)
-Double
-Kuuga
-Ryuki
-Faiz
-Hibiki
-Kabuto
-Den-O
-Kiva
-OOO
(There is also a 7-11 exclusive set without OOO that uses lenticular stickers with portraits and symbols)

Also, there have been promo Gaia Memories that are functionally on par with the Sound Gaia Memory releases.

TEREBIKUN MEMORY (included in the July 2010 issue of Terebi Kun Magazine)
This memory has four button-press phrases, "Cyclone", "Joker", "So, let's count up your crimes!" as said by Shotaro, and "Terebi-Kun Maximum Drive". In a transformation sequence, the memory is gold-tipped and says "Terebi-Kun", but lacks any music afterwards.

CYCLONE MEMORY (Philip ver.) (included in the August 2010 issue of Televi Magazine)
Constructed like a Capsule memory in that it is two separate components plugged together, but (at least on mine) it has a speaker nearly on par with a DX memory! :O
-"So, begin look-up."
-"Maximum Drive, go."
-TEREBI MAGAZINE
-"So, let's count up your crimes."
-TERE MAGA
In the Double Driver, it says "TEREBI MAGAZINE", then "Maximum Drive, go." after the gold-tipped memory has made its noise.

Capsule Sound Gaia Memories
These are some of the hardest memories to come by, as they are most commonly available through random chance in a gashapon capsule machine.

Functionally, these are identical to Sound Gaia Memories. Physically, they come in 2 pieces and require minimal assembly and the application of a sticker.

As of Series 2, the number and selection of sounds in Capsule Gaia Memories began to differ from counterparts in the Candy Gaia Memory line. Specifically, Fang/Accel/Engine have different line-ups of sound depending on the series you choose. The Capsule versions have fewer and/or less-unique sounds, though the Capsule Fang Memory is the only non-DX Fang Memory with a "MAXIMUM DRIVE" soundbyte.

As of Series 5, the Capsule memories have arguably exceeded the DX memories in terms of speaker and sound quality.

NOTE: As far as I know, Capsule Series 1 has the same cycling-to-henshin-sequence issue as Candy Series 1/R. Capsule Series 2 corrected it similar to the way Candy Series 2 did.

SERIES 1
-Cyclone
-Joker
-Luna
-Trigger
-Ichigo
-Decade

SERIES 2
-Fang
-Accel
-Engine
-Skull
-Ryuki
-Momotaros

SERIES 3
-Cyclone Extreme
-Joker Extreme
-Prism
-Kiva
-Kuuga
-Urataros
-Kintaros
-Ryutaros

SERIES 4
-Extreme
-Trial,
-Dopant 1: Terror, Claydoll, Taboo, Shinigami Hakase
-Dopant 2: Nazsca, Smilodon, Mascarade, Weather
-Diend,
-New Den-O Strike Form
-Deneb
-Zeronos Altair Form
--NOTE: The Dopant Memories are similar to the DX Dopant Memory in that they remember the last name that was called out in their cycle. They also each come with 4 sticker choices to match the names within.

SERIES 5
-OOO (Two-toned, black top and red bottom, possibly says "Osu to naru!")
-Double
-PhilipShotaro
-Eternal T2
-Joker T2
-Momotaros v.2 (Two-toned, red top and black bottom)
-Decade v.2

SERIES 6
-Cyclone
-Joker
-Luna
-Trigger
-Heat
-Metal
(Added Double Driver transformation sounds + 1 Philip/Shotaro line each)
-Den-O Climax form
-Sieg
-Amazon
-OOOs
(Full OOOs Tatoba noises)
-Shippu
-Kirifuda

COMPLETE SELECTION SOUND CAPSULE MEMORY EX
-35 different Dopant Memories (All of the ones from the TV series)
-Two buttons (normal and one on the tip) that are connected to the same switch
-Plays the memory name, then the Dopant transformation PRANNNGGGGG~
-When used in the Double Driver, these memories alternate between being silver-tipped and gold-tipped
-Also comes with stickers so you can look like you're loaded up on memory ports

COMPLETE SELECTION SOUND CAPSULE MEMORY EX 2 (Releasing in July)
-All 26 T2 Gaia Memories
-9 additional Gaia Memories: Bat, Spider, Skull, Ocean, ShinigamiHakase, 4 Unknowns

Last edited:
How is the quality of the plastic of the candy toys ?.. Also what is the average price on them ?!I'm thinking of getting one of those, opening the case taking the junk out & swap it with a working usb

Space Ninja
I'm glad you made this thread Vangelus. Was about to do it myself.

From the Dopant Memory solicitations, it appears to be a DX item, albeit a surprisingly inexpensive one, and I hope it leads to additional variations. Especially Nazca. It may omit the light simply because it's not going to fit in any Driver slot (molded skeleton) and doesn't really have use for one.

In case anybody purchases a Sound Gaia Memory loose and really cares to know whether it's from Series 1 or R, look at the back. Like all Bandai products, there will be four holes drilled in a diamond pattern. All four fully formed, it's Series 1. The top hole recessed or nonexistant, Series R.

Didn't notice the issue with the Sound Gaia Memories, but I only have Series R and one random capsule Engine. That explains why the timing seems off! I thought it had to do with cheaper electronics in the capsule versions.

is The Underground Toy Reviewer
I'm glad my blog could come in handy. :)

The Shotaro Joker Memory that comes with that jacket is actually different than the one that came Fang. This one says:
"Oretachi wa Double!"
"Futari de Hitori!"
"De yo na, Philip!"
I did those by ear from a video, so they might not be 100% accurate.

Also, a scan on Dukemon's blog of the Orange Dragon Headder showed a Cyclone Memory with Philip's silloute on it, so we might be getting a Philip Memory that says "Saa, Omae no tsumi o kazoero!" like the Fang-Shotaro one does.

Great list Vangelus!

Also, Synch, the plastic quality is on par with the DX ones, just without lights.

Say, does anyone know how to fix some Candy Sound Gaia Memories from having smaller volumes from the others? My Joker is painfully quiet compared to my Cyclone, and my Luna is the same compared to my Trigger.

Fixed up the OP with some info from Pedoleon and Shukuen, I'll try to update it when I can. :D

Say, does anyone know how to fix some Candy Sound Gaia Memories from having smaller volumes from the others? My Joker is painfully quiet compared to my Cyclone, and my Luna is the same compared to my Trigger.

I've found that, unfortunately, sometimes the batteries installed at the factory aren't all of equal strength. eg: One Accel in a sealed Series 2 box was at least twice as loud as the other Accel from the same box.

I did open up a Faiz memory to see if it's possible to replace the batteries, though. It appears to be doable, but it's a bit finnicky. The batteries are held down with a plastic component that's screwed right into the circuit board, so you'll need to be really careful if you decide to swap in new ones. You'd need to be aware of not breaking the board, not tearing the button or speaker wires, etc.

Fixed up the OP with some info from Pedoleon and Shukuen, I'll try to update it when I can. :D

I've found that, unfortunately, sometimes the batteries installed at the factory aren't all of equal strength. eg: One Accel in a sealed Series 2 box was at least twice as loud as the other Accel from the same box.

I did open up a Faiz memory to see if it's possible to replace the batteries, though. It appears to be doable, but it's a bit finnicky. The batteries are held down with a plastic component that's screwed right into the circuit board, so you'll need to be really careful if you decide to swap in new ones. You'd need to be aware of not breaking the board, not tearing the button or speaker wires, etc.

Yeah, I thought the issue was batteries as well. Oh good, it's just batteries.

GOD DAMMIT HOW DO I REPLACE THE BATTERIES

edit - vangelus, wouldn't it be a good idea to put on the topic what kind of batteries these are?

In Justice, We Trust!
Can anyone tell me the difference between the capsule and candy memories?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the capsule and candy memories?

Scroll up D: said:
Functionally, these are identical to Sound Gaia Memories. Physically, they come in 2 pieces and require minimal assembly and the application of a sticker.

As of Series 2, the number and selection of sounds in Capsule Gaia Memories began to differ from counterparts in the Candy Gaia Memory line. Specifically, Fang/Accel/Engine have different line-ups of sound depending on the series you choose. The Capsule versions have fewer and/or less-unique sounds, though the Capsule Fang Memory is the only non-DX Fang Memory with a "MAXIMUM DRIVE" soundbyte.

:castlerock:

Where do you guys buy the candy toys at ?.. I can't even find them listed at hlj for some reason... Don't they know we want this type of stuff ? :D