The Death of Batman

It's ok people, all that needs to be done is to go to the devil alogory badguy and say you'll give up your marage and such and it'll all be fun and happy.
Also requires the sacrifice of some 20 years of comics but WHO CARES WHOOT!
 
Personally, I thought the Superman: Doomsday movie actually surpassed its source material, and gave it more class.

Doomsday had a pedophile Toy Man who killed children. THAT'S class?:eyebrow:

Doomsday was a mess. An enjoyable movie, but it was obvious Timm didnt know what to make it, an adaptation, Superman: TAS, or another Superman interpretation. It resembled nothing of the original story, and "World Without" and "Reign" are good enough storylines to afford a DVD trilogy at best. I would have loved to have seen Lex's speech when he was alone with the coffin.
 
Doomsday had a pedophile Toy Man who killed children. THAT'S class?:eyebrow:

Doomsday was a mess. An enjoyable movie, but it was obvious Timm didnt know what to make it, an adaptation, Superman: TAS, or another Superman interpretation. It resembled nothing of the original story, and "World Without" and "Reign" are good enough storylines to afford a DVD trilogy at best. I would have loved to have seen Lex's speech when he was alone with the coffin.

Pedophile!? Wow, never thought of that when I saw the movie. :laugh:

I didn't care if it followed the Superman:TAS continuity or not (if it did, I wouldn't be surprised), but I thought it took the whole Doomsday story arc and actually made it comprehensible and good in the context of a feature film (whereas the comic was just plain adolescent and cynical; typical for post-1980s mainstream superhero comics). You're entitled to your opinion, but I dunno about the movie being a "mess," as much as I thought the source material was a huge mess.

Just my 2 cents.
 
Pedophile!? Wow, never thought of that when I saw the movie. :laugh:

I didn't care if it followed the Superman:TAS continuity or not (if it did, I wouldn't be surprised), but I thought it took the whole Doomsday story arc and actually made it comprehensible and good in the context of a feature film (whereas the comic was just plain adolescent and cynical; typical for post-1980s mainstream superhero comics). You're entitled to your opinion, but I dunno about the movie being a "mess," as much as I thought the source material was a huge mess.

Just my 2 cents.

QFT, though I think it would have taken a 3 DVD box set just to tell the full Reign storyline.
 
I didn't care if it followed the Superman:TAS continuity or not (if it did, I wouldn't be surprised), but I thought it took the whole Doomsday story arc and actually made it comprehensible and good in the context of a feature film (whereas the comic was just plain adolescent and cynical; typical for post-1980s mainstream superhero comics)

Superman: Doomsday WAS adolescent and cynical.

Toyman in some queer Spider isnt adolescent? Kevin Smith's cameo that goes over people's heads not in on the joke isnt cynical? That Luthor's shock value murder of Mercy was logical plottingl? Oh no, Doomsday was wank for Timm fanboy nerds, but a competent Superman story that could have done much more with "Reign"? Absoltuely not.

And "Reign" wasnt a mess at all, it had excellent twists, and Lois's experiances with all of them had some graciously powerful scenes. Yes, she kind of got phased out of the story when Mullet Supes returned, but from her point of view, it was handled far in superior ways to Lois in "Doomsday" (except for visiting Martha)

QFT, though I think it would have taken a 3 DVD box set just to tell the full Reign storyline.

And there's no problem with that. Warner makes more money, the animators can provide fans with set-peices like Green Lantern vs Mongul, Superman and Eradicator in the Kryptonite smog. The action in "Reign" is amazing.
 
Last edited:
And more importantly DC has another weekly planned starring Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Killing one of the three early on is really going to sink the book.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top