Super Megaforce - Do the 'pre-zyu' powers kill it for anyone?

It really was. Wish they would base the Power Rangers show just like they did for RPM. Really one of the best PR shows in my opinion.

The thing that irks me about PR (as well as other toku adapts) is the fact that the series has a head start...they know what the Sentai Show is and in some cases, they don't take advantage of what's given to them. In hindsight, the only series that felt like it truly took advantage of their source footage and material was Super Human Samurai Syber Squad. Don't get me wrong, VR Troopers and Beetleborgs worked with what they had, but Syber Squad took it a little further and tried to be "cute" with it.

PR Wise...I felt SPD took the most advantage of their material...RPM did too, but they had a reason being the last Disney Season; for the least...PR Samurai...if you have the term "Samurai" in your title, take advantage of it. Don't copy Shinkenger...do your own "Samurai" and make it yours.:shakefist

Class of 2005
The thing that irks me about PR (as well as other toku adapts) is the fact that the series has a head start...they know what the Sentai Show is and in some cases, they don't take advantage of what's given to them. In hindsight, the only series that felt like it truly took advantage of their source footage and material was Super Human Samurai Syber Squad. Don't get me wrong, VR Troopers and Beetleborgs worked with what they had, but Syber Squad took it a little further and tried to be "cute" with it.

PR Wise...I felt SPD took the most advantage of their material...RPM did too, but they had a reason being the last Disney Season; for the least...PR Samurai...if you have the term "Samurai" in your title, take advantage of it. Don't copy Shinkenger...do your own "Samurai" and make it yours.:shakefist

By cute, I hope thats a gOod thing. Because I fucking love me some Syber Squad.

Class of 2005
Watch TJOmega's Review, he list some of the reasons why it's good.

http://www.tjomega.org/2012/03/tj-tv-superhuman-samurai-syber-squad.html

I watched both Gridman and Syber Squad and Syber Squad took it a bit further...one of the rare cases where DiC actually did something good despite the series budget.

Thanks! And yeah I like SS better than Gridman. I bought Gridman (2sets, one official and one r2 copies) last summer through eBay/middle man (I don't think he's around anymore as I bought several metal heroes/sentai/ultraman from him as well) and google respectively.

And yeah Gridman had a damn good background music, storyline, etc but what the **** I said when they were so young. And some of the same characters got storylines over others.

The episode i hate both in Gridman and SS is the dream episodes. And Gridman also had a habit of using the same monsters all the time. i got sick of that whack ass Ninja Kaiju. He added nothing to the episodes he was featured in. Not to say SS didn't recycle monsters either but at least they made it past 39 shows, lol.

The only bad about SS is the fact that there was no series finale, just a final episode that didn't resolve anything and then there's the Amp/Lucky continuity that was messed up or confusing. :redface2:

It did for me. For one reason...."No explanations!!!!"
No Explanations: The Ultimate Power of Megaforce :p

Hence...

[hide]
Another Power Rangers mentioned...

05-F874A59A.mkv_snapshot_16.06_2012.05.13_15.47.43.jpg

Which leads to this an adapt version of this guy...
1337394715730.jpg

Which leads to him blaming the adapt version of this thing...
Kyubey.jpg

Which means Super Mega Force is f'cked now...:castlerock:
[/hide]

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
More than the pre-zyu powers, what bother me the most is how they JUST. NEVER. SHUT. UP!!!!

Seriously, they can't do ANYTHING without a stupid quip! Sure the old shows had puns and quip in battle, but place at apropriate moments, not ALL the dang time!

Like, look at THIS beautiful classic fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7gH9Cdj6vQ
There's a lot of grunting but very little actual dialogues during the fight! Maybe one quip per scene and even there it's the more playful characters who quip!

Bandito Shake Cometh
90% of the time they're not even quips, they're literally just talking over the footage. It sounds like a parody dub or abridged series half the time.

Yes, the never ending unnecessary quips irks me...I blame the script writer for this. Or is it the one in charge of the editing?