[Spoilers] IRON MAN 2 - TALK UP! [Spoilers ohnoes]

I don't think you'd need to add in the "unknown element" kludge to Steve's shield for the movies. You get a much cleaner unified setting if you just make it out of something that is synthetic, rare, and totally awesome. If my call on Tony's supermetal being vibranium is correct, then probably the only bits of it will be Tony's reactor, Steve's shield, and maybe whatever is obtained by the first villain to use it (Klaw?).

Now, tbh, I like the idea of Tony creating vibranium much more than it just... existing in Africa for no reason. Vibranium does things so bizarre that it really does resemble (metaphorically, anyway) the synthetic chunk of the periodic table more than anything that occurs in nature. Vibranium being synthetic also explains why it's rare better than "Black Panther only lets you have it if you ask nicely."

I honestly think you don't need the vibranium stuff to make Wakanda or Black Panther really interesting. Wakanda's actual storytelling hook is "a country in Africa so awesome that it was never colonized and also its ruled by a black superhero who's like The Phantom without all of the unpleasant white man's burden themes and a much better costume." That's a whole movie by itself that suggests all kinds of interesting themes and plots.
 
If Tony created vibranium, I'll be kinda annoyed. There's an unknown element found in Steve's shield that's, to my knowledge, never been named. If its THAT? Great.

If it's freaking vibranium, then they've made Black Panther impossible to exist without some serious BSing later on. His country's entire economy was based off it, last I checked.

They can easily do something else to make his story work. They've been doing it for years in stories.
 
I don't think you'd need to add in the "unknown element" kludge to Steve's shield for the movies. You get a much cleaner unified setting if you just make it out of something that is synthetic, rare, and totally awesome. If my call on Tony's supermetal being vibranium is correct, then probably the only bits of it will be Tony's reactor, Steve's shield, and maybe whatever is obtained by the first villain to use it (Klaw?).

Now, tbh, I like the idea of Tony creating vibranium much more than it just... existing in Africa for no reason. Vibranium does things so bizarre that it really does resemble (metaphorically, anyway) the synthetic chunk of the periodic table more than anything that occurs in nature. Vibranium being synthetic also explains why it's rare better than "Black Panther only lets you have it if you ask nicely."

I honestly think you don't need the vibranium stuff to make Wakanda or Black Panther really interesting. Wakanda's actual storytelling hook is "a country in Africa so awesome that it was never colonized and also its ruled by a black superhero who's like The Phantom without all of the unpleasant white man's burden themes and a much better costume." That's a whole movie by itself that suggests all kinds of interesting themes and plots.


Nah, I think part of the thing with Vibranium is that it is like Kryptonite, where it fell from sky in ancient time. Also, the thing with vibranium is that it is crazy applicable to various things, I think mysterious and rare element makes more sense for virabium then something Tony's dad thought up and Tony made in his basement.

It would be better to just leave it as a mystery element Tony created or one of those fake adanamtium alloys they use in the comics.
 
Nah, I think part of the thing with Vibranium is that it is like Kryptonite, where it fell from sky in ancient time. Also, the thing with vibranium is that it is crazy applicable to various things, I think mysterious and rare element makes more sense for virabium then something Tony's dad thought up and Tony made in his basement.

It would be better to just leave it as a mystery element Tony created or one of those fake adanamtium alloys they use in the comics.

I think they gave enough hints to sum up what's coming. I mean, if they did say that all straight out what element TS created, I think that's a bit much and sorta browbeating the fans/viewers. I think for the level of knowledge fans would've had, they did aight in dropping the hints everywhere. Still, I would've liked to actually heard more about Avengers and that, but that's just the fangirl in me nitpicking. That they gave Thor in the end was good enough to have me and my SO squealing and grinning like little girls, but I guess I'm easy to please. :anime:

The laser thing is aight in terms of physical abilities. The whiplash thing is theoretical at best. The particle accelerator would've been BS.
 
I finally saw Iron Man 2 and I thought it was awesome. It has a great action and comedy mix.

I noticed Captain America's shield is exactly same as the first one. It was SO cool. Also, at the end of the movie, Thor's Mjolnir in New Mexico.

Great action and all that. Loved the movie.

Definitely worth to watch.
 
Just watched Iron Man 2. THe film was awesome... and I LOLed on what happened to Capt. America's shield!

The part after the credits felt like a prelude to Thor.

Stan Lee's cameo this time is... Larry King?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top