Shout! Factory Obtains Saban License- Power Rangers Seasons on DVD!

Yeah but Time Force really amped it up. Ransik was essentially a Time Terrorist.

True, but its a DVD release. IF anyone has seen the Netflix streams of Time Force, maybe they could tell us if it's uncut because whatever they have on there will probably be our DVD offerings.

True, but its a DVD release. IF anyone has seen the Netflix streams of Time Force, maybe they could tell us if it's uncut because whatever they have on there will probably be our DVD offerings.

Like Mr. Yellow said, they're edited on Netflix, but Brian Ward did say he'd see about getting the original versions.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
I've seen the most of Time Force clips on YouTube, there were six different version....

-original version (FOX KIDS)
-Disney version (ABC FAMILY)
-Netflix cut
-VHS
-Germany
-UK

Almost everything were pretty way heavily edit/cut.

Yeah, I'd love someone to pick up the licenses to some of the original sentai series. I'm not huge on the franchise but I would definitely pick up legit releases for several of them.

Seriously doubt it. Much of any toku that gets here is a miracle, it must've been a nightmare to clear Power Rangers with Toei, God only knows how anyone could do it for Sentai.

Power Rangers? Well, I'm happy for the fans but...

Yes, well, some of us are, OK :p.

The censorship of the Time Force episodes is such BS. It's Power Rangers, not A Clockwork Orange, for goodness sake! Wonder how many episodes were cut? Wonder if Saban didn't get the original prints or they're still cutting the Netflix versions by choice.

Last edited:
Seriously doubt it. Much of any toku that gets here is a miracle, it must've been a nightmare to clear Power Rangers with Toei, God only knows how anyone could do it for Sentai.

Yes, well, some of us are, OK :p.

The censorship of the Time Force episodes is such BS. It's Power Rangers, not A Clockwork Orange, for goodness sake! Wonder how many episodes were cut? Wonder if Saban didn't get the original prints or they're still cutting the Netflix versions by choice.

How could they reasonably hold sway, may I ask?

Kamen Rider has failed twice in the States and the only export they got is Power Rangers ,which another company holds the rights to. I'm not sure how Toei could own Power Rangers or have any say since Saban has more clout and power than them in this situation. Saban could take the rights of Power Rangers in its whole and or hold the rights and decide not to make another one. As they hold the rights, Toei can't market Sentai to anyone for it being "too Japanese" , being called a "Power Rangers ripoff" and if they tried to get it adapted via someone else, they could get sued.

They should release seasons 1-3 (Zyu-Kaku) like Golion and Dairugger. Limited release but subbed.

can someone please explain how Kamen Rider failed Twice? Saban's Masked Rider simply ran it course and had no where to go really.

Lurker
can someone please explain how Kamen Rider failed Twice? Saban's Masked Rider simply ran it course and had no where to go really.

And how in the world does Saban have more power than Toei in anything? Without Toei involved, PR would've never been made.

And I certainly don't think that Saban has the right to not tell Toei not to release their own creations outside of Japan at all.