Shout! Factory Obtains Saban License- Power Rangers Seasons on DVD!

Is not impressed right now...
Xaviax was a terrible villain. The only reason anybody likes him is because of the fantastic portrayal by William O'Leary.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Xaviax didn't actively do anything very cool or interesting, but he was so much more devious & resourceful than any children's show villain I've ever seen, which you'd expect if he was a general from an advanced race. Unfortunately, he didn't seem like a very adpet fighter himself... although there was that thing with Kamen Rider Wrath, so, I guess he's not too bad...

Anyway, I really liked the guy as a villain. The show itself started getting good between the death of Sting & Wrath. What I didn't like was when they killed off Kit temporarily & completely reversed the rules of the show out of nowhere... and then did nothing with it. The show slows down so much it became painful to keep watching it... almost.

We Are VR
Xaviax was a awesome villain only problem he was not in the suit very much

D

Dr Kain

fantastic portrayal by William O'Leary.

Who? I never heard of the guy before the show and I thought he was just as bad.

Another thing that was stupid was the whole no one dies aspect. The thing that made teh riders in Ryuki work was the desperation to not only get their wish, but to stay alive while doing so. I like to think of Ryuki as being Kamen Rider meets Twisted Metal (Highlander comparisons work to, but I think of the brother as Calypso), and it is seeing the character work to live that makes them interesting. The riders in Knight were not interesting because there was no consequences to their losing. They are pretty much just "Shadow Realmed" for the rest of the season.

Bandito Shake Cometh
In theory the whole Shadow Realm idea is a fate worse than death: spending eternity trapped in a void. But yeah the way they executed the second half of the series and the overall lack of consequences are really what made it not work.

In theory the whole Shadow Realm idea is a fate worse than death: spending eternity trapped in a void. But yeah the way they executed the second half of the series and the overall lack of consequences are really what made it not work.

But in practice, it is a fail because with the Shadow Realm, you can write it to where there's a possibility to come back like Kevin from Ben 10 while death...there's a finality. Except in Soap Opera's main characters, they find themselves on far away islands and places.

But in practice, it is a fail because with the Shadow Realm, you can write it to where there's a possibility to come back like Kevin from Ben 10 while death...there's a finality. Except in Soap Opera's main characters, they find themselves on far away islands and places.

In the world of fantasy fiction, death is just as cheap as its PG-rated substitutes.

As for the "Kamen Rider failed twice" issue, Dragon Knight was more than a failure: it was a complete disaster. They didn't even air the last two episodes. That is unspeakably bad. Even TV shows that bomb are usually able to clear out their completed episodes before disappearing.

Saban's Masked Rider, on the other hand, has a rather deceiving reputation. While it was a total mess on a technical level, the ratings were never especially low in comparison to other PR knockoffs. A fact that a lot of people miss is that it ran for two seasons: one 27 episodes and the other 13 episodes. The reason it was canceled was twofold: T.J. Roberts (the title character) decided to leave the show and the remaining RX footage simply couldn't support another season, even a short one (and Saban didn't have any of the monster costumes). Continuing the show would have meant both recasting the lead and using footage that was even older than the already noticeably old RX scenes.

Factor in that Beetleborgs is both easier to produce due to having all the costumes AND is currently outperforming PR in the ratings, and continuing Masked Rider simply would have been more trouble than it was worth. I would have liked it if the show had gotten an actual finale, though, especially since it shares a universe with PR.

D

Dr Kain

Not airing the last episodes is nothing new for 4Kid$ though. They never bothered to air the last 10 episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and 5Ds.

Not airing the last episodes is nothing new for 4Kid$ though. They never bothered to air the last 10 episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and 5Ds.

Was the dubbing complete on those episodes, though? It's perfectly normal to stop production when you know a show is canceled, but a finished product is normally pushed out regardless so as not to make it a complete waste of money.