Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone pointed out on jefusion, there's no Super Sentai logo on any of the promo stuff. It's like they're not even pretending it's Sentai ...

OMG I guess these don't count as a Super Sentai!

2005sm.jpg

2007e.jpg

2008as.jpg

2010uti.jpg

And FYI the Super Sentai logo has been posted on anniversary seasons

2006sy.jpg

2011lo.jpg

I don't like the partner designs at all, the suits are new and interesting, though.

Except for the animal form of the cheetah machine (which looks like a cat wearing a box), the machines are all awesome. I really like how they envisioned the bunny helicopter. Whomever thought it must've seen a Llama helicopter and decided for some reason it look like a bunny, and I think it was done well.

Meh ... I wasn't keeping up, but it's apparently the seventh hero

No, it isn't. The way I understand it. It's like Goonger with the hero-partner thing. Instead of the partner being a toy that can talk that is inserted into a case with an Engine Soul to become a mecha, it's now a life-sized robot that transforms into a cockpit that attaches to the actual machine. The machines all have an animal mode and a vehicle mode. The one for Red also transforms into the giant robo you're thinking of as the "seventh hero".

All 3 machines also do the gattai into a different robot.

Lurker
I'm willing to give this series a chance. I'm not too thrilled with some of its aspects, but I did not feel the immediate repel to it that I felt with Go-onger and Goseiger, which most likely harmed by perception of them once I actually watched them.

*The Gobuster suit design is very nice, I just wish it had an emblem to make it pop. Other than that, a nice change from the norm. They kind if look like they're wearing pants and jacket, which is the main reason why I like them. Thanks to Dukemon, I now know that the straps serve as a means of communication and voice changing (a Transpod). I really like that.

*Absolutely love the partner robos, and the whole idea of them fighting alongside the Rangers during battle.

*Sidearms...love it! Morphin' Brace...LOVE IT (especially the name)! I like what I'm seeing so far, and can't wait to see the other gadgets. "It's Morphin' Time!" Ha! I'm a big fan of sidearms that serve as two weapons, and it appears these serve as more than just weapons which is a +.

Overall, everything looks great and I'm totally for change. However, I this would probably be the Sentai where they SHOULDN'T have the MOTD grow. I would have taken the risk at doing that, and possibly have the robo partners become armor to make up for the Mecha battles. Just another step away from the norm.

"Training."
I fell in love with the suits for Gokaiger at first sight. Gobusters need some time...:/

always henshining'
No, it isn't. The way I understand it. It's like Goonger with the hero-partner thing. Instead of the partner being a toy that can talk that is inserted into a case with an Engine Soul to become a mecha, it's now a life-sized robot that transforms into a cockpit that attaches to the actual machine.

but the Engines had limitations on Human World, they couldnt do anything without the Go-Ongers. unlike this time they were not advertised as main heroes
the robot partners are feeling like an intrusive version of the Engines, where they will tag along and fight. the Engines only did the same once or twice thanks to Go Roader GT

Mad Skillz
I'll be waiting for the inevitable episode that has the Gobusters and their Buddy Roids switching bodies.

Who you gonna call?
Since it's almost sure there won't be a Gokaiger episode on January 1st, do you think we could get the first Gobusters promo at the end of Gokaiger's December 25th episode?

I would find it a cool Christmas gift... :p

Mad Skillz
Since it's almost sure there won't be a Gokaiger episode on January 1st, do you think we could get the first Gobusters promo at the end of Gokaiger's December 25th episode?

I would find it a cool Christmas gift... :p
I'm not sure this time around, the promos usually start airing with the 45th episode and Gokaiger's 44th is the one that airs on Christmas.

But who even knows anymore? Gokaiger will have been on the air for 53 weeks before it ends, so Toei is doing whatever they want this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.