Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters vs. Dobutsu Sentai Gobusters - TALK UP!

Thought Gobuster vs Gobuster was an awesome movie. Hilarious plot, great scenes (the over-acting in this one added so much comedy :anime: ) and just all around fun. Fun concept, and definitely done quite well. I liked Go-Busters and this movie was great. So many blatant homages to classic Sentai that definitely... changed up the series. :laugh:

Ryatta
I really loved the film, great idea as I've missed the alteranative reality KR movies so this delt with that itch. The parodies of the past Sentai, Marvel references were great, intended or not. I would have liked a little more of black and green.. also who the hell is Azazel an emmisary for?.. i hope that's a setup for something.

I did a more in depth review of it if you wan't what I said above in more detail with clips :)
[HIDE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z8jwf6MoBc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z8jwf6MoBc[/ame][/HIDE]

I finally remembered I had this video on my computer, so got around to watching it last night. I consider Go-Busters to be my second favorite season, behind Gekiranger, and wouldn't mind if it's the last Sentai I ever see as it airs (I'm not bothering with Kyoryuger), if it comes down to that.

I couldn't get through vs. Gokaiger for some reason, so I was hesitant about this, if I'd get through. By the end, I had laughed, I had cheered for it, I was just happy this thing existed.

I wouldn't change Go-Busters itself (except a more fluid plot, no Messiah card thing, etc.), but man, I want this to happen. Please Toei, can you make this the season after Kyoryuger? Please?

It was such a fun ride. I loved the way it was presented, as just chunks of episodes being shown. That just made this perfect for me; I desperately want to see these now.

My only real complaints are that Black Puma wasn't involved in the final battle (might have been an in-story reason in the Dubutsu World), nor was Pink Cat (again, in story reason?). Also, when the combined teams attacked, J was off to the far side, as usual. It would have made more sense for him to be in the center, representing both teams, primarily so the colors would flow better.

But it was so much fun. I want more.

I have to seriously ask what makes you like Go-busters more than Kyoryuger? Is it the fact that Go-busters has a more "serious/dark" appearance, while Kyo is more colourful and "kiddy"? Because if those are the reasons, you're seriously missing out. Kyoryuger is far more mature in the fact it has some actual character development, plot that actually flows and just all around better writing and direction. It's pretty disappointing to see so many Sentai fans dismiss it, without giving it a chance, especially after Go-busters was just legitimately bad, but seems to get a lot of love from the crowd who want Sentai/Rider to be more mature (which it certainly was not). Try looking past the shows superficial elements.

Lurker
^

I haven't seen anything of Kyoryuger outside of bits and pieces, not even a full episode.

I fully intended to watch Kyoryuger, actually. I've heard good things, I've heard not so good things. It's primarily that Wizard started to become a chore to watch, and I loved Busters on a higher level than most other Sentai I've seen (Gokaiger was painful, Goseiger was...eh, Shinkenger became painful with all that filler). I always said "I'll take about five, six weeks to get off of Busters then jump into Kyoryuger", but that just never happened.

I'm sure Kyoryuger is good, and it's not "superficial" why I'm not watching it, or why I loved Busters. I'm actually curious what part of my review makes you think I was superficial towards Busters.

Truth it, Kyoryuger doesn't interest me that much, and like I said, Wizard was becoming so painful. I just chose to ignore it.

The Golden Wizard
Go Busters working together with alternate Go-Busters. I just wished the Green and Black Busters were still there at the end.

go-buster1.png

Dobutsu-black.png

Whoa! That was bitter as hell!

Still a really fun ride -- easily the most watchable Sentai tie-in movie I've seen. The cast looks like they're having a ball.

I love it when creators get a chance to make fun of the homogenizing process of mainstream media.