Matrix of Leadership
Uncanny Avengers and New X-Men are both pretty cool. I have Deadpool and Iron Man that I still need to read yet

I'm really enjoying Avengers Arena, three issues in and I have to say it's been an interesting ride. Also picked up issue one of Superior Spider-Man and the ending has me in for the rest of this arc. New Avengers by Hickman has had an good start as well.

The Great Me
As of this post, I picked up Uncanny Avengers, the new Deadpool series, the new X-Men Legacy series, the new Thunderbolts series, Cable and X-Force and The Superior Spider-Man. Lovin' all of 'em. Now, I'm waiting for the new Uncanny X-Force series, the new Young Avengers series, the new Guardians of the Galaxy series and the new Secret Avengers series. After that, I'm all done for Marvel NOW's initial releases.

Lurker
I'm thinking about picking up Superior Spider-man and Uncanny Avengers myself.

Lurker
Superioer Spider-Man is terrible. It reads like a hack's choice fanfic, and it does a great disservice to characters like Ock and MJ (who wouldnt act the way they do in this in a million years), the ending doesnt do anything for me either...[hide]as when the invetible happens, Peter will be a "loser" again and the same old boring ass stories will be told. Christ, can't they come up with something different?[/hide]

I wish the newspaper strip for Spidey was more widely known, it's easily been the best thing with the character for the last few years now

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
The first issue didn't strike me as bad, it was definitely an interesting take on Spider-Man. Though I didn't like that last page at all because it's...so obvious that it's their way of keeping the door open for Peter to return eventually.

This is what I don't get about the new Spider-Man status quo, Peter never really died. From what I understand Doc Ock didn't switch minds so much as re-wrote them. I say this since actually switching minds has happened in comics. So basically what we have is Peter thinking he's Doc Ock with Peter memories, which more or less can be boiled down a convoluted case of "soap-opera amnesia". Honestly having Peter come back wouldn't be hard at all.

The real question here is what long term plan for Ock. From the bits we have seen so far it seems he is going to lose everything Peter had going for him before the swap. So I am guessing Ock is going to learn to that Peter was actually the Superior Spider-Man because he cared about people or something. Then after he learns that Peter's old mind is going to come back and slowly kill them unless Ock sacrifices "himself". Which will then end with Peter calling Ock the actual Superior Spider-Man. That or Ock gets a clone body from the Jackal. Then the book will be re-launched as Amazing Spider-Men.

Lurker
I'm a little confused, is All-New X-Men the original members being brought into the future?