As far as KOF & DOA I don't care wether or not the story is the best thing in the world. With KOF the most important thing to me is getting Mai Shiranui (& my other fav characters) & whipping the crap out of the other peoples! & with doa it's getting Ayane (& my other favs) & whipping the crap out of the people in that game! :p

How so? Elaborate.

The AOF characters are supposed to much older then they are when KOF takes place.

King's supposed to be pregnant with Ryo's child, etc...

I don't think what's left of SNK cares too much about their backstory anymore. FFS at least researched SF & FF before crapping all over it (Guy).

The World Warrior
The AOF characters are supposed to much older then they are when KOF takes place.

King's supposed to be pregnant with Ryo's child, etc...

I don't think what's left of SNK cares too much about their backstory anymore. FFS at least researched SF & FF before crapping all over it (Guy).

I see your point. I never really did pay attention to the little things. I was just trying to make an example of a fighting game with a better storyline then DOA. Guess I should have used Tekken or something else.

But I agree though. I think the KOF storyline is the last thing on SNK's mind right now. If anything they need to worry about the apperance and play mechanics of KOF XII as opposed to the storyline.

I see your point. I never really did pay attention to the little things. I was just trying to make an example of a fighting game with a better storyline then DOA. Guess I should have used Tekken or something else.

But I agree though. I think the KOF storyline is the last thing on SNK's mind right now. If anything they need to worry about the apperance and play mechanics of KOF XII as opposed to the storyline.

Tekken's storyline is only marginally better then DOA's. Bad example.

The World Warrior
Tekken's storyline is only marginally better then DOA's. Bad example.

No. Not really. Tekken storyline is rather decent and rather popular. If not one of the better fighting game storylines. And unlike other fighting game storylines it's easy to keep up with. Good example.

Last edited:
The World Warrior
As far as KOF & DOA I don't care wether or not the story is the best thing in the world. With KOF the most important thing to me is getting Mai Shiranui (& my other fav characters) & whipping the crap out of the other peoples! & with doa it's getting Ayane (& my other favs) & whipping the crap out of the people in that game! :p

Yeah.. i'll bet.

I'd have to agree. DOA's storyline is just plain ****. At leats KOF has a storyline that actually makes sense.

I think the opposite, I think DOA4's story made alot more sense than MI2's story. I mean one character is a alien, its not clear who's ending is canon, the final boss is a transexual, and a the main story really doesn't go that much into depth besides the opening text. Hell the side story's with Billy Kane and the other Fatal Fury guys makes more sense than the main MI2 story. However DOA4's story is a bit unclear unless you look it up on wiki.

On another note about the MI2 story, Falcoon is trying to link the Maximum Impact series to the official KoF series....this is coming from a man that has made official KoF Doujins. I'd like to see him explain how the age gap between Rock and Terry magically grew shorter.

No. Not really. Tekken storyline is rather decent and rather popular. If not one of the better fighting game storylines. And unlike other fighting game storylines it's easy to keep up with. Good example.

How is it better then other FG storylines?

The mysterious unearthing of progressively older and more powerful members of the same family?

The freezing of one Williams sister?

Backstories for fighting bears, a robot that molests its owner, training dummies, etc...?

Tekken puts in just enough storyline that you're left with a WTF if you start looking at the details.

I think the Soul Caliber/Blade series and the VF series have stronger storylines.